No late night snacking challenge continues - March 22-28

Options

Replies

• rosemary10
    rosemary10 Posts: 253
    Options
    I'm 3/4 so far this week. The vacation is going real well. I took my grandson and his uncle (my son), to the Creation Musesum yesterday near Cincinnati. It was great fun. Today we're going to paint the wood dinosaur we got.

Sunny, the bread sounds great. I want to see the recipe too. Congrats on 4 days so far this week:flowerforyou:

Way to go pmjsmom with 4 days:flowerforyou:

kathymurphy - I'm with you, I like to knit at night:wink:

Hope things are going better lulabelle :heart: . Good idea to go one day at a time.:glasses:

Hope things are going well for you teetee. So sweet of your mom to send you peeps. They are one of my favorites too. If you do one a day then your mom's gift will last longer.:smile:

Dewdrop I'm in whatever you all want to do for next week and/or April.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Day 4, so far. Barely.

I stopped with my dessert at 8:26 last night.
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Day 4, so far. Barely.

I stopped with my dessert at 8:26 last night.

But you did! :flowerforyou:
  • talygal
    talygal Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Order sashimi and edemame...you'll be just fine :flowerforyou:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Well, ate past cutoff. Of course, forgot it was Friday, so readjusted in my head for 9:30, but still ate up until ten. But didn't go to sleep for two hours. Ate within my calories though.

Tonight 9:30, going out for Korean BBQ (the concept is just so odd in my head)
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Well, ate past cutoff. Of course, forgot it was Friday, so readjusted in my head for 9:30, but still ate up until ten. But didn't go to sleep for two hours. Ate within my calories though.

Tonight 9:30, going out for Korean BBQ (the concept is just so odd in my head)

Yeah, it's Friday, so I adjusted for later. I knew that tonight would be one of those nights. Still under my calorie goal by nearly 400, though, so I don't mind.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I managed to stop at 9, my cut-off.
    Staying under the calorie goal is actually just as important, so well done, ladies! I'd consider it a victory!
  • dukedeh
    dukedeh Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What a great idea ! This is one of my biggest challenges. I am going to set my time 9 o'clock.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Lulabelle: I definitely know how you feel that was my situation next week. Do what you have to do, we'll still be here.

Jade: What company are you a consultant for?

Friday night was a late night in general, so I was forced to eat late. I only had Sushi, California rolls (platter) and that was it nothing else after eating. I don't consider that snacking because it was my dinner.

Tonight I plan to cook something so I know it should not be a late night, I've been really good about not snacking after dinner, so my cutoff will remain at 730, as the time that I should be done eating in general.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Last night was a success, also. So, 5 in a row.

Today is the tough one, though! We'll see how it goes.
  • emy10usa
    emy10usa Posts: 1
    Options
    Kathy - I just started looking at this message board, and I have to say, I am so impressed with you that you have lost 79 pounds since December 2009! You are amazing! I am looking forward to this challenge starting again tomorrow so I can join in!
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Kathy - I just started looking at this message board, and I have to say, I am so impressed with you that you have lost 79 pounds since December 2009! You are amazing! I am looking forward to this challenge starting again tomorrow so I can join in!

Sorry, but I lost most of that before joining! Under my ticker it says I started MFP at 220--I joined because I wanted support to maintain during the holidays--and it worked! I got through the holiday season without gaining any weight--a HUGE accomplishment for me! I have lost 19 pounds and about 18.5 inches since joining in December--most of that has been since January.

To be honest, I don't think losing large amounts of weight quickly is healthy (unless you are under a doctor's direct supervision) --or lasting! "Slow and steady wins the race" as the saying goes!

P.S. I am thinking of changing my ticker to show pounds left until I get to my goal weight. Just don't know what will be more motivating--seeing how far I've come, or seeing the numbers go down!
  • rosemary10
    Options
    I'm doing well with the late night snackin (5/6), however, yesterday we had Indian food. It was amazing, but the entire meal was over my whole days calories:noway: Didn't even feel like eating supper after that. I'm so glad the calories ticker begins new every day. Just "laying low" today.

Thanks for all encouragement everyone:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Had a snack at about 10 last night--didn't go to bed until after 12 though, so I don't know if that's a success or a failure!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Had a snack at about 10 last night--didn't go to bed until after 12 though, so I don't know if that's a success or a failure!

Depends what you snacked on and why. If it was healthy (like a fruit) and/or it was because you were hungry - success. If you had to munch on something and had a bag of chips, I wouldn't encourage that, even if it's 3 hrs before bed.

I had a good day on Saturday. Not the same can be said about Sun, but just in terms of eating when I got home, which was past my cut-off. I'll spend the rest of March training for April :wink:.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Last night, I had made the cutoff for 9:30 and actually finished eating for the night at 7:30. So that will be my goal tonight as well.
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    I messed up last night big time :ohwell: but am back on track today.:smile:
  • rosemary10
    Options
    pmjsmom -That's the way to jump back in. :flowerforyou:

This vacation is going ok for me for the most part. I was 6/7 this week.

Had a friend pass away due to cancer on Sat and going to visit another with cancer on Wed. It's good I'm on vacation. I've got the time to "be there" for people.

This thread is a favorite of several of us and really beneficial. I know the usual experts are tied up right now< so I'm gonna try to continue it for this week since I'm off work this week also.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    I didn't see a new thread for this week, although I might have missed it.

I finished up dinner at 7 p.m. last night. In waiting for my hubby to get home after 9 my stomach started rumbling, so I had a tomato, and feel pretty good about that choice. So I consider that two nights of success.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I didn't see a new thread for this week, although I might have missed it.

I didn't start one - like I anticipated in one previous post, I am too busy this week. I'll try to put one up soon for April, to get the team together :) (once I get myself together, right now I'm too sleepy :smile:).

I also did pretty well last night :smile:.