Worst Christmas Gift Ever

Options
thrld
thrld Posts: 610 Member
Holidays are coming up -- hope everyone gets what they want ! But better yet, tell me what was the worst gift you've ever gotten?

Mine was from the in-laws -- they generously bought me five gifts -- all from my spouses wish list. It was great Christmas for him though!

Replies

• _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    After not seeing my father in over a decade, he gave me a wallet... and it was empty. D!(k.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    My husband, now ex, didn't buy me anything one year - we were still "good" at that point. Not even from the kids. I bought myself a book and wrapped it and put it under the tree for myself, from Santa.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    a32ypz.jpg
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Mine was from the husband's moms side of the family. Apparently a couple of years ago I would have looked good in a snowman sweater :huh: :noway:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    My husband, now ex, didn't buy me anything one year - we were still "good" at that point. Not even from the kids. I bought myself a book and wrapped it and put it under the tree for myself, from Santa.

One year, my ex-husband and I agreed to fill each others stockings with little gifts. I bought his favorite candy bar, some cologne, a little screw driver thing.

What did I get?

Maxipads!
  • craigy_84
    craigy_84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    A vegetable peeler.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I got her a broom and new vacuum cleaner...
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Once got a "Steely Dan" cd in a white elephant gift exchange.
  • ddipert
    ddipert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    One year I complained about my husband not returning the hammer to the tool box. He gave me 4 hammers for Christmas.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    A work colleague got an interesting xmas gift from her parents last year - a surprise visit... plus the bill for their plane tickets.
  • fattofit20
    Options
    Nail polish remover from the husband in my stocking. And that was all that was in there. Kind of disappointing but kind of funny too.
  • nataliefamily3
    Options
    When I was 13 my dad got me a expensive video game chair...i didnt even own a video game console. I still sat in it but ive always thought the point was to find a gift the person has interest in.

I just wondered where he got the idea
  • simplyeater
    simplyeater Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    A necklace...that I already owned. Way to pay attention dear! Turned out OK though, I exchanged it for the matching earrings:)
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    My husbands grandmother is a notoriously bad gift giver and horrible judge of size -- I have gotten a muumuu from her and my favorite was the twisty turby -- when its too hard to use a towel I guess
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    When I was 13 my dad got me a expensive video game chair...i didnt even own a video game console. I still sat in it but ive always thought the point was to find a gift the person has interest in.

I just wondered where he got the idea

Maybe he wanted you to buy him a video game console!
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I had 2 Christmases in a row that my family forgot about me. So I got nothing if that counts.

or the Christmas morning when I noticed the gift from grandma wasn't there and my family informed me that she had died several months earlier and they forgot to tell me.

yeah I got lost in the shuffle of 11 kids
  • TayTayLMT
    Options
    Last year, I got a manual food processor I saw at walmart for $5 from my fiancee's parents..
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    MY ex's grandmother bought my quiet possibly the ugliest nightgown ever. To top it off she bought it in a 3x at the time I was wearing an XL. She also told me that she had bought it earlier in the year so she hoped it wasnt to tight now :grumble: :explode: :angry: :mad:
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Idk if this counts because it was a Mother's Day gift, but my very first Mother's Day as a mom, a friend of mine gave me The Godfather on DVD. Wth? lol
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My mother-in-law bought me lingerie. She had told my husband that he was making me fat a few weeks prior. She knew that he had mentioned it to me and felt bad. I appreciate the thought but how could I wear it without my husband and I both thinking of his mother?