Honey boo boo

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I looked it up... from the pictures I always though that was Kevin from the office, and this was a spoof on pageant moms.

faith in humanity just took another dip

honey-boo-boo.jpg?w=262

Ok, nooooo....I'd rather watch Barney with my 2.5 year old.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I've never sat down and watched a full episode, but I've caught some parts while flipping channels.

Honestly, I don't understand the hate they get. Sure, they're a little "out there" but its better than say, the Kardashians. Kim is famous for making a sex tape!

Honey Boo Boo seems happy. Her mother and father treat her well, and are doing the best they can. They provide their children food, clothes, a roof over their heads, are supportive, aren't abusive or on welfare or food stamps. I'd say they're decent parents.

lol they are making her fat, teaching her bad eating habits, i doubt that education is a focus....they are far from decent as far as i can tell.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Thankful I've never seen a second of it. It shall remain that way.

Same here!!!!!!
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I'd rather listen to Shania Twain while having my fingernails removed with a crow bar.

^^^
    This...I've never watched the show but the comercials make me ill
  • AdriAfterAll
    AdriAfterAll Posts: 16 Member
    Options
  • Quattrone21
    Options
    I'd rather put myself through the punishment of teen mom then watch the Boo Boo
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it but it sounds like a show for children with stupid words like "boo boo"
  • Kathrynaline
    Options
    All I can think of when I see that woman is her neck crust. What a gross example of humanity. She's like........ewwwwww. There's no word that describes her utter and total lack of anything positive..........:huh:
  • klacount77
    klacount77 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'd rather listen to justin beiber while having my eyeball held open with tape and being forced to watch all 5 twilight movies

YES!!!! To all of the above!
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I looked it up... from the pictures I always though that was Kevin from the office, and this was a spoof on pageant moms.

honey-boo-boo.jpg?w=262

Beat me to it.

I watch those shows if I'm in the mood for the freak factor.

She really loves going to pageants!. *child having tantrum in the background!*
  • redkitty615
    redkitty615 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I watched it once. It was like watching a train wreck - absolutely horrifying, but I couldn't look away.........ew.
  • RubyRed8067
    Options

honey-boo-boo.jpg?w=262

That is horrifying!

This whole show is wrong. They're just exploiting her for profit, plain wrong.
  • VictoriaWorksOut
    VictoriaWorksOut Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Show's popularity is just a reflection of society. Scary thing is that there is demand for the show like this, and other ones like. I don't watch it, hardly watch TV at all and then only HGTV. Love House Hunters International!
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    well if this helps that child go to college someday, go for it, but I think the poor kids cash will be spent by her folks on moonshine and porkrinds. I dont ever wanna see it. gives me the creeps!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I have no intentions of watching the show. Somehow I gather information about Honey Boo Boo though. LIke the other night my BF and I were in the taco bell drive thru (I like their cantina bowls) and he asked what a moutain dew am was. My first thought was Honey Boo Boo's pre-pageant drink (mt dew & red bull). He looked at me like I was crazy. And the sad thing is,most of htis knowledge came from Anderson Cooper 360. Not even his talkshow, his news show on CNN. :noway:

ETA: Oh, in case you were wondering.. mt dew am is a mix of mt dew and oj. I had to google it after my honey boo boo answer
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    Great motivation to go workout! (Looking at the mom)
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Never seen it but I have seen clips of it. I feel like a lot of it is played up for the TV. I mean I am sure they are a little off in real life but put a camera in the home and people act differently. I don't like the fact that they are making so much money of their child and exploiting her the way they are but money makes people do really stupid things. That and they are going to edit the more normal things out and take things out of context for the sake of TV.

Its the same for any reality TV show. The hills, Teen mom, Jersey shore, Survivor, etc.

Does it give the people in that specific area a good name ... nope but as long as people continue to watch the crap... producers will continue to produce it.
  • EAVA
    EAVA Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    never watch the show.....just watch couple of clips on TV....
    as someone asked before WHY? social services are not involved?
    this mother is living her life through this child
    it is child exploitation and child endangerment
    with new born baby there?
    little girl fed with go go juice? could end up with heart failure or kidney problem....
    this mother over 300 lb had 4 children with 4 fathers...
    http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/honey-boo-boo-rocked-freak-accident
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I don't watch trainwrecks. I refuse because watching those kinds of shows makes me want to punch something......
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    America's shame. I saw one show coz I was curious... Doesnt give Americans a nice image... mostly since some people trust only what they see on TV.... You guys should make a complain or something...