Options

Replies

• deadbambi
    Options
    Never regret something that once made you smile. x
  • sixpackdream
    sixpackdream Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Anyone close to death will tell you that it was never the things they tried and failed at that they regret, it was the things they never tried. Life is short, live.

I love this from one of the Rocky movies "It's not how hard you punch, it's how hard you can take a punch and keep moving forward."

This one is mine "In a hundred years no one will ever know or care that you ever existed".
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I just got a new one.

Make sure that, in a hundred years, people will still know ny name.
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    "Marry a woman that can cook. Love gets old, sex gets old but you'll always be hungry"

My Dad
  • cineshome
    cineshome Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    these are reality and positivity all wrapped up in one, thanks for the thread.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    RISE ABOVE IT.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Don't call all in on a draw.

Raise all-in on a draw if you think they might fold. If they don't maybe you hit your draw.

If you are slipping on the ice, just fall down. You'll pull every muscle and look like a dweeb trying not to fall, and you'll still probably fall.

Don't leave your gym bag in the car during the winter. Putting on COLD gym clothes sucks.

Clean your house before you go on vacation nothing worse then coming home to a mess after being away.

If you can manage it, do your laundry wherever you are vacationing so you don't have to worry about that too. Plus clean clothes pack better....
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    If you can laugh at yourself in bed, you can laugh at life's travails. Humor and humility beat frustration and hopelessness every time.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    The first answer might be no, but if you try your best, it's rarely the last.
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    Options
    Perception is reality
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    "hide your kids, hide your wife"
    i think im in love
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    "wear sunscreen"
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Never engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent!

Don't worry if you don't have time to do it right the first time. You'll probably have time to do it over. (jk!)

Don't let that boy come over when we're not home. (my mother) Definitely should have heeded this one!'
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    nobody on their deathbed ever regrets not working more.

work to live. don't live to work.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Don't eat yellow snow.
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    What I tell my kids:

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Applies to life and to them playing soccer!

Perfect. applies to hockey as well
    Also
    When you die people remember the time you spent with them and the way you acted,no one remembers how much money you made or what clothes you wore.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    If you can laugh at yourself in bed, you can laugh at life's travails.

In that case, I win at life. I always laugh in bed :D
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    "Assume everyone you meet is an idiot."
  • animallover1989
    Options
    If you can dream it, you can do it.
    Patience is a virtue.
    Think positive.
    Everything happens for a reason.
    If someone tells you you cant, prove to them you can.

All words of advice from my grandma.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Several...Some are quotes I've run into, some are what family members have told me growing up.

-There are more people out there who will try to bring you down than help you up.
    - If you're not grateful for what you already have, then what makes you think you'll be happy with more?
    - A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter, is not a nice person.
    - Happiness is only real when shared (Into the Wild...one of the best movies ever)
    - Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it's stupid.
    -The real measure of wealth is how much you'd be worth if you lost all of your money