Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

If you could do anything over in your life, would you?

Replies

• alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    I would definately have NOT married my ex & let him adopt my kids. I don't regret it b/c of what he did to me, but rather the effect it had on my kids. Found out a year ago that his brother & nephew had molested my daughter when she was 8. Also his mistreatment of my kids had a HUGE effect on my son; he kept talking about suicide and I've spent thousands of dollars on therapy & TaeKwonDo to get his self esteem out of the gutter. It has made me a stronger person, but I would NEVER want to put my kids through all that if I had only known.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    I would have been more financially responsible in my 20's and avoided student loans and credit card debt so I might actually be in a position to buy a house now.

I would not have gotten into a relationship with my ex. Not only did I waste three years of my life, but it took about another year to recover from being with him.

I made lots of other mistakes but they made me who I am and I learned a lot. The above two I learned a lot from as well, but the effects they have had on my life aren't really worth it.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Yes....
  • I would have been a better husband earlier in my marriage and better decisions spiritually.
  • jesswait
    jesswait Posts: 218 Member
    If given the chance, there are things I would have done differently. However, I try not to dwell on past mistakes, I've let them take up enough of my time already.
  • facingfortyfierce
    facingfortyfierce Posts: 5,156 Member
    I would have spent more one on one time with my Dad before he passed away.....
  • probably go back and do the opposite of everything ive done so far
    +1
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    I wouldn't have let myself go, I would have went to college sooner and I wouldn't have settled.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    I wouldn't have gotten married so young and I would have stayed in college...

+1
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    I would've started lifting earlier
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Yes, yes I would

Biggest one - when I found out I was pregnant, I should have followed my gut instinct to NOT make it work with the father. If I had to do it over again, I would have gone through the pregnancy alone and never allowed him to be a part of it.

And I wouldn't have gained 60lbs lol

This.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    Whole lotta s**t. Don't get pregnant. Don't bother with college (or just don't use student loans to pay for it). Stand up for myself when I was a kid instead of waiting decades to learn to do it. Don't read The Cat Ate My Gymsuit. Another thing to learn early is don't count of people helping/supporting you with anything.
  • Get a horse. Stay single!!!!!!!
  • KimBeron
    KimBeron Posts: 50 Member
    I would have held my daughter tighter and told her I loved her more. Losing a child....makes you think about many things you could have or would have done differently.
  • I wouldn't have gotten married so young and I would have stayed in college...

Exactly this.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    At 54 years old...it's more of the things I didn't do like spending more time with people I love that are now "gone". Can't change the past, don't live there, but I can learn and grow from it.
  • KimBeron
    KimBeron Posts: 50 Member
    bump
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    I wouldn't give up my kids for anything in the world, but if I could change anything it would be WHEN I had them. I had my first son when I was 15, my 2nd son when I was 20, and my daughter when I was 22. They're my world, but I pretty much sacrificed my social life and a normal adolescent/young adult experience by becoming a mother so early. Going to college and working is so much harder than it is for a lot of my friends. I'm jealous of them. When they're not at work they can do whatever they want...I've never even felt what that's like, lol. I figure when mine are all at least in their late teens I can make up for lost time and be the wild woman I want to be, lol...but I can't help but to wonder what it's like to be a "normal" young woman.
  • smokeyg01
    smokeyg01 Posts: 1,064
    definately would not have gotten married ;(
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Would have ended a bad relationship a lot sooner.

At the same time those are the mistakes that make you, I suppose.