If you could do anything over in your life, would you?

Options

Replies

• alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I would definately have NOT married my ex & let him adopt my kids. I don't regret it b/c of what he did to me, but rather the effect it had on my kids. Found out a year ago that his brother & nephew had molested my daughter when she was 8. Also his mistreatment of my kids had a HUGE effect on my son; he kept talking about suicide and I've spent thousands of dollars on therapy & TaeKwonDo to get his self esteem out of the gutter. It has made me a stronger person, but I would NEVER want to put my kids through all that if I had only known.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I would have been more financially responsible in my 20's and avoided student loans and credit card debt so I might actually be in a position to buy a house now.

I would not have gotten into a relationship with my ex. Not only did I waste three years of my life, but it took about another year to recover from being with him.

I made lots of other mistakes but they made me who I am and I learned a lot. The above two I learned a lot from as well, but the effects they have had on my life aren't really worth it.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Yes....
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options
    I would have been a better husband earlier in my marriage and better decisions spiritually.
  • jesswait
    jesswait Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    If given the chance, there are things I would have done differently. However, I try not to dwell on past mistakes, I've let them take up enough of my time already.
  • facingfortyfierce
    facingfortyfierce Posts: 5,156 Member
    Options
    I would have spent more one on one time with my Dad before he passed away.....
  • herrhitman
    Options
    probably go back and do the opposite of everything ive done so far
    +1
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have let myself go, I would have went to college sooner and I wouldn't have settled.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have gotten married so young and I would have stayed in college...

+1
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I would've started lifting earlier
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes I would

Biggest one - when I found out I was pregnant, I should have followed my gut instinct to NOT make it work with the father. If I had to do it over again, I would have gone through the pregnancy alone and never allowed him to be a part of it.

And I wouldn't have gained 60lbs lol

This.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Whole lotta s**t. Don't get pregnant. Don't bother with college (or just don't use student loans to pay for it). Stand up for myself when I was a kid instead of waiting decades to learn to do it. Don't read The Cat Ate My Gymsuit. Another thing to learn early is don't count of people helping/supporting you with anything.
  • Susanthecatwhisperer
    Options
    Get a horse. Stay single!!!!!!!
  • KimBeron
    KimBeron Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I would have held my daughter tighter and told her I loved her more. Losing a child....makes you think about many things you could have or would have done differently.
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    I wouldn't have gotten married so young and I would have stayed in college...

Exactly this.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    At 54 years old...it's more of the things I didn't do like spending more time with people I love that are now "gone". Can't change the past, don't live there, but I can learn and grow from it.
  • KimBeron
    KimBeron Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bump
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't give up my kids for anything in the world, but if I could change anything it would be WHEN I had them. I had my first son when I was 15, my 2nd son when I was 20, and my daughter when I was 22. They're my world, but I pretty much sacrificed my social life and a normal adolescent/young adult experience by becoming a mother so early. Going to college and working is so much harder than it is for a lot of my friends. I'm jealous of them. When they're not at work they can do whatever they want...I've never even felt what that's like, lol. I figure when mine are all at least in their late teens I can make up for lost time and be the wild woman I want to be, lol...but I can't help but to wonder what it's like to be a "normal" young woman.
  • smokeyg01
    smokeyg01 Posts: 1,064
    Options
    definately would not have gotten married ;(
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Would have ended a bad relationship a lot sooner.

At the same time those are the mistakes that make you, I suppose.