A Man's Guide To Pleasing A Woman At Christmas

Options
124»

Replies

• heidimaggott78
    Options
    Very sweet. I guess all women are different though... I don't want any of those things.

yeah this comes off really generic and sexist. Like all women want to cook and have jewelry/perfume (vanities). Nothing mentally stimulating.

The idea behind this post, was for men to PAY ATTENTION to what their wives/girlfriends need/want/desire. Obviously if you enjoy something else, then your husband/boyfriend should PAY ATTENTION and get that.
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Very sweet. I guess all women are different though... I don't want any of those things.

yeah this comes off really generic and sexist. Like all women want to cook and have jewelry/perfume (vanities). Nothing mentally stimulating.

The idea behind this post, was for men to PAY ATTENTION to what their wives/girlfriends need/want/desire. Obviously if you enjoy something else, then your husband/boyfriend should PAY ATTENTION and get that.

See, I mostly saw suggestions for buying jewelry, cooking stuff, and other crap like that so...
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

See, I mostly saw suggestions for buying jewelry, cooking stuff, and other crap like that so...
    Do not seek out things to be offended by. This is a silly way to live. At least now you understand the point of the post :tongue:
  • carriempls
    carriempls Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    That is well written. But the main thing is know your woman and what she likes. :)

We drop hints.

Agreed. Except for the kitchenaid mixer, none of the above would do much for me. I don't wear jewelry (and the little I do I'm VERY picky about), I already know how to cook and so does my man and I only wear one perfume, have for years and it wouldn't change now.

Still, the spirit is nice. Pay attention to your lady and you'll know what she likes.

I still have to ask my man, though. I'm horrible at gift giving. Maybe that's why I'm forgiving of other gift givers. For me, it really is the thought that counts. "Things" rarely impress me. My favorite gift my man ever gave me was the first one ever - a really nice set of kitchen knives.
  • ElliieMental
    Options
    Where do I trade my husband in for one of you? :laugh:

What she said.......... :laugh:
  • SexyMidnight
    SexyMidnight Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    IS it wrong that i am going to ask my husband to read this bc im tired of making a list of what i want! I need surprised!!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    IS it wrong that i am going to ask my husband to read this bc im tired of making a list of what i want! I need surprised!!

If you have to ask, then you'd be wasting your time watching him skim over this with very little interest.

A Man's Guide To Pleasing A Woman...well....ANYTIME:

Just freaking pay attention. Listen to what she likes, her interests, her hobbies. Be creative. Jewelry is great, and women love it,but you can get that anytime for any reason, or no reason at all. Take some time and put some thought into whatever it is, a present, a date, or whatever. Guys don't have to do things everyday, but once in a while does help.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    This thread begins with household utility items?
    Such total fail.

If you need something for the house, buy it. Don't gift it.
  • ECA67
    ECA67 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Big Kudos! Very interesting article!
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    way too much to read....i'll just get a d*** in a box
  • Rachel181290
    Options
    We need an article like this about buying gifts for men too!
  • waskier
    waskier Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Ok, a few quick points. To those that don't like the gifts I purchased for my wife, that is fine. The point is that I purchas those things that SHE wants, not what you want. If I were buying for you I would purchase that trip you really wanted and might throw in lotions and/or a bikini. Maybe a really exotic activity or unique dinner. As an example, I took my wife and children to Zihuatanejo earlier this year. For my oldest son I purchased scuba diving lessons. My youngest got a day of deep sea fishing. And my beautiful wife got a five course candle lit dinner on a rose pedal covered private beach as the sun was setting. Think they appreciated that? Oh yeah. The point is that I knew what each of them enjoyed and really appreciated. Best part? I got to spend quality time with each of them doing the things they each love to do.

To those of you who think this was too long to read, that is fine. Watch commercials. There is a reason advertisers pay so much for them.

To those of you professing admiration and love, right back atcha! :smooched:
  • Irish_Eyes81
    Irish_Eyes81 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I pick out what I want and say ... this is what I am getting for Christmas :) Lol
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    ***SIGH***
  • waskier
    waskier Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Confession to make. I broke my own rules and bought my wife running pants. I researched her size well, but she knows my rules and is going to give me crap no matter how well they fit. Deep down she'll like them, though!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    If someone came up to me sniffing me, this is what I would do:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-510-1352130358-23.gif
  • gittiniten
    Options
    Guys r easier there 2 kinds of guy the one that has all material things that he wants and the one that doesn't for the first guy get him a weekend with just things he likes ( sports food friends freaky time with you etc...) we r simple for the other guy he will no doubt be drooling over something he really wants but would never buy if its too expensive don't buy something similar just resort to weekend of indulgence mentioned earlier very important part is remember its his gift just relax and let him enjoy it
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I must be weird, because I would prefer nothing. All I want for Christmas is good food and looking at lights. And not to feel obligated to buy presents just because they are given to me.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    oh this is brilliant...absolutely love it !