Ladies, don't be afraid of lifting heavy (pic)!

Replies

• a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    TDEE how do I figure that out on a day to day basis?

This site has a pretty good calculator:
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Then "My Home" > Goals > Change Goals > Custom and enter the recommendations from the website.

It is much easier than trying to add in each activity you do all day and then eating those exercise cals back. My job forces me to be seated a lot. I do SL 3 times a week (takes about an hour, but only actually lifting for part of that) and HIT Cardio for 10-20 mins a few times a week. I use 3-5 hours of moderate exercise. I just aim to always eat around 1870 a day, everyday. Makes it much easier, imo.
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    You look incredible. Great message to put out there. I still have weight to lose, but plan on starting lifting in the new year to change my shape. X

Why wait? You can start body re-composition right now. Muscle is much more efficient than fat, so start adding muscle now and I think you will begin to like your body quicker than just focusing on trying to lose weight right now.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 671 Member
    Holy cow!! Your before body is my EXACTLY before body. And I am just now starting to lift. You have totally inspired me, and you look AMAZING!! I'm gonna FR you right now!
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    You look great! Thanks for sharing! It's some good motivation and good reason not to watch the scale too much!
  • catpea33
    catpea33 Posts: 76 Member
    Wow, such amazing results! You've really inspired me to look into New Rules as something to do after Insanity.
  • :o This is so inspiring and amazing! You look awesome!
  • tru2m3
    tru2m3 Posts: 31
    Wow!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Fabulous - I love seeing these posts! Your results are awesome - keep up the good work!
  • Awesome!:happy:
  • WHAT a PHENOMENAL TRANSFORMATION! You've got to feel even more terrific than you look!!

After reading about Staci the powerlifter, I got inspired. I don't really care about my body weight so much anymore. I care about adding weight to the barbell and lowering my body fat %.

I <3 weights and really believe more women should conquer their fears and go for it!

WOW, thank you for DEBUNKing this myth- and I'd never heard of Staci, found this link to share her story-
    Equally INSPIRING!
    I'm really going to look into this now.......
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    WOW:flowerforyou:
  • metalloz
    metalloz Posts: 77 Member
    Thanks for posting I'm inspired! I was doing weights for about 6 weeks and started seeing result but my
    Weight went up 1 pound, which for some reason really discouraged me. I'm back to it now doing calistenics with 15 pound dumbels. I need to get some heavier weights
  • firelle
    firelle Posts: 118 Member
    Wow! You look fine!! I have NROLFW but I love my cardio program, I just want to finish it all the way through, but I do want to add some lifting here and there. Nice waist especially!
  • UticaBoy51
    UticaBoy51 Posts: 344 Member
    Wow, you looked great before but ... Wow!
  • WandaWoman41
    WandaWoman41 Posts: 153 Member
    Flag
  • I am looking into starting lifting ASAP and your post inspires me. You look amazing!

Can I ask - do you lift at home, and if so what equipment to have/need? I am a bit lost when it comes to these things. I have been thinking of going to a trainer for a bit to learn what I need, proper form, the right moves but I don't want to spend that extra money if I can manage to figure it out on my own (or with some help from my fellow MFP'ers). :)
  • jencjeffery
    jencjeffery Posts: 99 Member
    Thanks for sharing this. I have just finished Stage 1 and am loving it. Still worried about my calories but I am sure I will get over that as I see results like yours!
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    you look INCREDIBLE. keep it up!! :)
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Bump for later!! (so I can prove to SO that lifting won't make me look like a man) And you look AMAZING!!
  • You look incredible! Way to stick with it, your hard work really shows.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!