How many days per week do you guys visit the gym?

Options
Ok I know some of you may exercise at home, but do you think working out 6 days per week is pushing it? I have been taking a class that I absolutely LOVE and its available 6 out of the 7 days...think its over doing it???
Thanks for the help!!

Replies

• kbitzonefour
    kbitzonefour Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    4 day split. ~1hr each

In my opinion(not professional), 6 days is too much. Let your body rest.
  • mkim3138
    Options
    5 days a week; weight training all 5 days, one body part per day, 1-1.5 hrs per day

Weekends; light cardio, but I have a treadmill @ home
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Depends what it is, Cardio? go for it, if you feel OK and your energy levels are good. Strength training/lifting, then may need more rest days. I would do Zumba 7 days a week if I could:bigsmile:
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    It depends on what kind of activity and intensity you are doing.

I go almost every day. Wouldn't recommend it - going to try and take rest days from now on.
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    5 days a week
  • SweatSuit
    Options
    4 days
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I never go to a gym (I workout at home or outside), but I work out everyday. My workouts are mostly cardio-based for now though. If I were lifting, I would definitely rest the worked muscles.
  • scorpiotwinkles
    scorpiotwinkles Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Nope. I workout 6 days. Weights.
  • batrastard
    batrastard Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those who have a place to work out at home (treadmill, elliptical, exercise bike and weights) and I try for 5-6 days a week. Be sure to listen to your body and know when to stop and when you have done to much and you should be fine. Be sure to rest at least one day and you should be fine.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I try to take at least one complete day off..no weights or cardio... if I am lucky I get two, just depends on my schedule..
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I usually go to the gym 2 days a week, random days when the mood strikes. I have gym equipment at home that I can use, but a change of scenery is always nice....
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    4-5 usually. Then I will do aerobic videos at home the other 2-3 days. Right now is crazy-hectic rehearsal/performance season so I have to pace myself and decided to do the 30 Day Shred at home. When I can, I supplement with cardio at the gym. I was trying to do MWF, but this week and next week there's just no possible way.
  • fraser112
    Options
    Everyday : i have a squat rack in my room next to my bed :laugh: But honestly lift 3 days a week or 2 days off one day on sort of timing.
  • Madelinew22
    Options
    i rest when i need it, with that being said i workout about 6 days a week but 4 days weight(2 days arms 2 days legs) i do cardio on those days too, on leg days i do intense hiit, on arm days i do distance, the other days i do either walking, distance running, or elliptical, just depends my mood and energy levels. i dont work so i have more time them most ppl and i hate just sitting on the couch~~~booooooo

also i just workout at home
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    5 days a week; weight training all 5 days, one body part per day, 1-1.5 hrs per day

Weekends; light cardio, but I have a treadmill @ home

This except light cardio if I have time normally 2 days after lifting
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Per the doctor's suggestion, 4-5 days with 45 minutes of physical activity.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    i am in the gym 7 days a week... 2 hours a day like clock work
  • DrenRigs
    DrenRigs Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I go 6 days a week 10 workouts total
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I rest on Christmas Day. No, wait, I train in the morning and hope carb backloading is a valid theory. :D

I rest when I'm injured or sick.
  • ptak1sm
    ptak1sm Posts: 172
    Options
    I go 6 days a week, but I don't do the same thing every day. I alternate cardio and resistance, I'm there 1-2 hours depending on what kind of workout I'm doing. Do what makes you feel good, but make sure you give your body a chance to rest :)