How long did it take you to lose 25 pounds?

Options
Obviously, I know weight loss varies from person to person in terms of how fast one loses weight, and losing too fast can be a bit unhealthy. But out of curiosity, how long has it taken all of you out there to lose 25 lbs?

Replies

• TheLittleLebowski
    Options
    When I first started, I was at 280ish, for the first few weeks of diet and exercise I lost weight at probably too fast a rate, 5-8lbs a week, I lost my first 25lbs in about the first month and a halfish. The weight loss massively slowed down following this though.
  • poeco76
    poeco76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Five weeks for me...then it took three more months to lose just three pounds. That was rough to get through, but I just kept reminding myself that this is for life and not a contest to see who can lose the fastest. You can do it!! Just do what you know you need to. :0)
  • GypsySoul_74
    GypsySoul_74 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    it took me longer--about eight months--but i'm a small female without much more to lose. i think gender and starting weight are definite contributors; based on conversations with MFP friends, my weight loss has been super slow compared to most others'.
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    2 months. But my start weight was 240lbs. It may have been slower if I were not that heavy starting out.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    4 to 5 months
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    I have lost 23 in about six and a half months. I didn't start with needing to lose much, I have a goal of 33 or so. At first I increased my activity by going to the gym 4-5 days a week with at least one cardio lifting class and a HIIT class or two. I didn't see fast movement on the scale, but I was losing inches around my mid-section pretty quickly. In September I added to the gym routine and now go 5-6 days a week and have been watching my diet better. I have lost 13 lbs since the end of September. I have another 10 I would like to lose, but I'm working on changing my mindset from being happy with a number on the scale to being happy with how I look and feel.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    I've lost 28 pounds spread out over a year. My starting weight was 142lbs and I didn't start seriously trying to lose weight until June. In June I was 132-136 and I've dropped down to 114 since then.
  • gwicks54
    gwicks54 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    It has taken me since August of this year. I don't burn as many exercise calories as a lot of folks & I am 57 and female with thyroid issues so I may not lose as fast as some.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    2.5 months
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,943 Member
    Options
    Around 5 months.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Five months
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    14 weeks.
  • G__Force
    G__Force Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    90 days or so! its been alot of work but well worth it. :smile:
  • katiefridley
    katiefridley Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I started at about 232 and now I am at 209, so that is about 23 pounds and it took me about 2 and a half months.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    i only had 25 lb to lose. took me 4 months.
  • jennalee1312
    Options
    Took me about 9 weeks..now im working on the next 25 lol
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Less than two months - maybe a month and a half at the most. I was pretty heavy at 215 though when I started, so I was losing 3 to 4 lbs a week in the beginning, eating approximately 1400 to 1500 calories per day.

My diet was atrocious prior to starting a healthy eating program.
  • starvinkevin
    Options
    2 months - excessive running + 1200cal net/day = total muscle burn baby!
  • carfamily08
    Options
    I started in early September at 170. I'm down 23lbs. as of this morning so a little over 3 months. I'm hoping to hit 25lbs. down by Christmas :)
  • YOUCANDOIT165
    YOUCANDOIT165 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello ! I'm STephenie I just signed on today and saw your post. hOpe you don't mine if I answer. It took me about 3 months.