girls, how big are your calves

Options
My goal is to gain 15 lbs of muscle because I feel I'm too thin for my height. 6'2" 125 lbs. My legs are really small 12" calves and 17.5" thighs. To me that seems small but I would like to hear what others are.

Replies

• tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Be glad your calves are small at least you don't through what I do to get a pair of boots...My calves are 17 inches, have had large legs as long as I can remember...
  • bronnyd
    bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure of my measurements, but I do know that I can never buy cute boots :sad:

Stupid calves don't fit in them.
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Never measured them.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    My calves are also too big for most boots. I've never measured them. I don't need to. They've been big for as long as I can remember.

I get depressed when I see adorable boots on sale...cause 9 out of 10 times I can't zip'em up!
  • sophie_wr
    sophie_wr Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    too big for boots !!
    Although with 20 pounds less I almost can find fitting boots - almost
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Haven't measured but you can see them in my profile pic
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    stock-photo-spring-time-new-brown-calfs-in-pasture-australian-born-beef-cattle-87896971.jpg

Pretty good sized, ohh sorry i am not a girl. carry on
  • spikethat
    Options
    The circumference of my calves is 16" and 3/4. In other words, too big for boots.
  • ohnoetry
    ohnoetry Posts: 129
    Options
    14 inches.
  • Angela_2_Oh
    Angela_2_Oh Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Not big enough.
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    My calves are about 15", but they're very defined
  • bridgetgirl20
    Options
    Not big enough.
    lol same here
  • AEFidgets
    Options
    17.5 inches. So the same size as your thighs, but my trainer tells me theres a lot of muscle hiding under my fat.....
  • okcareys4ku
    Options
    My calves are about 17 inches, but I have big feet too. Footsmart.com has boots for larger calved women. I have always had big legs.
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    14.5 here. It was a very happy day when I could actually buy boots this year! Bought 2 pair in one day!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    13.5 inches, and they look huge to me from the side. My thighs are 19 inches.
    You do seem to be rather underweight for someone so tall, I am 5'10 and look pretty emaciated when I am 125/126 Ibs.
    But then, that is not my natural weight, and I am assuming you are just built this way naturally.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    17.5 inches. So the same size as your thighs

Same here!
  • kaypat09
    kaypat09 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    15" calves.
  • laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    The circumference of my calves is 16" and 3/4. In other words, too big for boots.

Mine are pretty darn big compared to the rest of my legs, but for all those who say "too big for boots" - they have a lot more boots now than they used to. I've seen some that say 18" or 19" . And some are even cute :)

Check zappos and search for wide calf boot. Just be sure to measure up where the boot goes to check circumference.

here's another place with a lot of wide calf boots.
    http://www.avenue.com//clothing/Maren-Tall-Lace-Back-Boot.aspx?pfid=336855&ProductTypeId=1&DeptId=20168&PurchaseType=J&pref=npc&rec=Certona

http://www.avenue.com//clothing/Sasha-Tall-Wrap-Buckle-Riding-Boot.aspx?pfid=336858&ProductTypeId=1&DeptId=20168&PurchaseType=J&pref=npc&rec=Certona
  • Restlessme
    Restlessme Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I've never been the biggest fan of my calves, but now that my goal is weight loss/muscle gain, I'm pretty darn happy I'm inclined to muscular calves!

I once had an older man (it...was actually a bit creepy) tell me to keep on swimming because of my gorgeous legs. I didn't bother to tell him I could probably drown in 2 ft of water.