What do you think about men fake n bakin

Options

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    personally, i don't like it when girls or guys use the tanning beds. Defiantly not healthy or cute.

defiantly not?
  • Nickle526
    Nickle526 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Farmer's tan all the way baby!
  • nataliefamily3
    Options
    I would find that to be a bit metrosexual and un attractive for a man.. Also agree it raises risk of skin cancer...ill stay pale
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    This is why I decided to be born black.

I just about spit my coffee out! lol :laugh:
  • KiraBaby20
    Options
    I work at a tanning salon and I see a lot of guys. I personally think it is great that the guys are talking the time to get the vitamin D and take care of them selves. I try to get my bf to tan, but he refuse. Says its not ok for men to tan in salons...what do you think?

Tanning salons are for vitamin D acquisition? Wooooooowww........

It's the reason I tan once a week. I have a problem with depression, especially during the winter. My dermatologist also recommends it in moderation for people with sever acne.
  • newata
    newata Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I think it's lame unless you do have eczema(me) in which case it's ok on an occasion to help with skin and usually for less than 10 minutes.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's ok for anybody to tan in tanning salons. I'd much rather get my vitamin D through being outside or supplements if I were that serious about it. But I wouldn't risk doing myself damage with tanning beds or encouraging others to do so. Leave your bf alone about it. He's a smart guy. :P
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    same thing i think of when women get a tan... mmm skin cancer

if we're taking about spray tans then i don't really care
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Given my strong family history of skin cancer, I have a very negative opinion of any kind of tanning at all.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Men in tanning salons? Are somewhere near the Jersey Shore?
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I tan, I enjoy it. It's therapeutic, I get great sleep for those 8 minutes or so.

I also enjoy cooking, shopping, and yoga.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    i have not even tried to tan in a salon before. but although i heard its bad for your skin...it causes wrinkles so its all weird to me to pay for fake sun.
  • KiraBaby20
    Options
    Men in tanning salons? Are somewhere near the Jersey Shore?

Nope. Washington state.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I work at a tanning salon and I see a lot of guys. I personally think it is great that the guys are talking the time to get the vitamin D and take care of them selves. I try to get my bf to tan, but he refuse. Says its not ok for men to tan in salons...what do you think?

I'm not a fan of tanning beds. I tried one once and found myself bored beyond belief.
  • ekkand
    ekkand Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Tan guys look nice if its from the natural sun but I think if I saw a guy going to a tanning salon, I'd laugh. My man went with me once and we both laughed about it later and he has never gone again. I go though and no, I'm not "orange"
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    It's wrong, period.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I do it and I don't give a damn what anyone thinks. I look better tan, I feel good when I'm tan, and it helps keep my skin clear.

If a girl doesn't like it, then she is definitely not the girl for me.
  • 2012Stoney
    Options
    I did it for the first time before I went to Mexico last week and it was nice to be able to go to the beach all 5 days I was down there, instead of the usual, burn the first day, then suffer.

as far as not being 'manly' please!, I could give a rats *kitten* about what anyone thinks! LOL

If your wife or GF approves, you are golden.
  • 2012Stoney
    Options
    I hate when I kill a thread....
  • KiraBaby20
    Options
    haha its ok =)