How long did it take you to lose 25 pounds?

Options

Replies

• Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    About 5 months.
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Nine months to lose it; 3 months to gain it back.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    About 3 months.
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    It took me about 100 days :) About 3 months?
  • jadeaudrey
    jadeaudrey Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I go through spurts of weightloss. Might take me 5 or so weeks but then I tend to plateau for a few months. Meh, as long as it comes off I'm happy
  • Freidon
    Freidon Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    A few pounds away from that, so, starting at 170, I'm guessing it'll be about 3 and a half months. It's definitely slowed down, though.
  • starvinkevin
    Options
    The faster it comes off though, the higher the chance you're going to regain so don't focus too much on it....
  • Tsunami79
    Tsunami79 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    It took me 5 months to lose 21 pounds, so it will probably take me another month to lose 4 more.

I started at 185 & I am now down 164 right now.
  • Brandywithrow
    Options
    Depends how much you weigh? depends how much you want it ? for me starting at 255 lbs it took around 4 or so weeks but I had alot of lose and I worked REALLLY hard for it. Good Luck!!
  • 1Clueless1
    Options
    I'm a 42 year old female and my weight loss goal was 38 pounds at the end of August. So far IV lost 20.5 pounds and its taken me just over three months. I'm hoping by January I will have hit the 25 lbs lost mark. Good luck on your journey.
  • outdrsmom
    Options
    How many times a week do you exercise and do you use a gym or at home? How many hours do you exercise when you do?
  • Daisyc5000
    Options
    Its taken me about 8 months or so. I wouldn't worry yourself too much. Personally I went through phases of loosing nothing for two months the suddenly lost 5 lbs in the space of about a week. Just keep going, you'll get there! :happy:
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    i started losing before I joined mfp, I started at 310 and I'm right around 280 now, in a month's time.
  • jason923
    jason923 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    70 days
  • septembergrrl
    septembergrrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Three and a half months.

And then I stalled out, and for the last two months and a bit I've been losing and regaining the same five pounds.So that's fun. But the first 25 came off pretty quickly!
  • anniekin_skywalker
    Options
    It took me less than a month but I made drastic changes - no sugar in my coffee(s) vs. 3 heaped spoons with each cup; no bread whatsoever vs. eating pizza up to twice a week and a sandwich every day and, of course, actually getting off my butt. I have a long way to go but I'm a step closer than I was before. :)
  • MandyMason7
    MandyMason7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    It took me about 3 months but I started out at 252 lbs at 5'7" so I definitely had it to lose.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    It took me 158 days, or just over 5 months.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Took me 19 weeks.