What do you all think?

Options
Whats everyone's take on meal replacements? Would you eat them?
I love meal replacements I got some whey protein today just a little container
For some protein in the morning, But the Program im going on i will
mostly have meal replacements that's basically what it is,
Its Low carb, low calorie meal replacement , Its protein, Its goodness what yall think?

Replies

• onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    No, I wouldn't.
  • kayduro
    kayduro Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't either. I love food too much.
  • grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336
    Options
    I don't normally replace entire meals with meal replacement/protein supplements. I like protein bars/shakes after working out, but that's the extent of it.
  • art3mislecter
    art3mislecter Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I couldn't do it. I like food.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    I'd rather wait to nom nom real food.

This program didn't even take the time and try and fool people with at least some diet food......this is a dos program, not worth it. j/k lol
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Meal replacements don't replace meals. You need much more than just protein to maintain health. Vitamins, minerals, carbs (yes, you need them) fiber, etc. But more than that, if you are going to maintain your weight loss you need to train yourself to eat good, balanced nutrition - like a normal person living a normal life. Use your weight loss journey to learn about how to feed yourself well for life. (That being said, the occasional mela replacement won't do any harm....)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I don't mind it once in a while, like a protein shake for breakfast if I'm in a hurry, but I wouldn't like doing it all the time, I love food!
  • SylentZee
    Options
    I like my whey protein but I'd rather have chicken or turkey. I used Isoflex since it has 27g of protein and only 1g of carbs.
  • jojorocksforeva
    jojorocksforeva Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Alright I love food to guys Part of why i am in my predicament im in, and that's fine, i like all your guyses opinion but I don't just have meal replacements ill be having Real food as you guys call it, Healthy veggies at-least 3 servings and a lean which is eggs Healthy protein like salmon chicken breasts turkey ect, so Yeah, Iv been inspired to do meal replacments not just by the program But by people on you-tube that aren't even on the program Look up impatient dieter she did it with meal replacement shakes and 2 normal healthy meals http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pawl9ROAXWw enjoy!
  • stargazer008
    Options
    Real food for me
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Medifast that you are going to be selling is rubbish just like the rest. Try real food instead so you learn how to eat right.

Also the untube video says that eating lots of times a day speads up your metabloism which has been found to be untrue.
  • jojorocksforeva
    jojorocksforeva Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    This is not about my program this is about meal replacements in general!! k and its not a myth it does speed up your metab its been proved ask around im sure you can find something!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    This is not about my program this is about meal replacements in general!! k and its not a myth it does speed up your metab its been proved ask around im sure you can find something!

Wrong! It doesn't speed it up, that has been debunked! Oh and you WERE talking medifast in the other thread and it's in your profile so sorry if I assumed you were still talking about it.
  • lockcharmb
    Options
    I wouldsay if you choose to do it, stick to only replacing one meal a day. I did the Tony Ferguson diet and replaced my lunch with a shake. Ate a healthy big breakfast and a good sized dinner.
  • megan1869
    megan1869 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    If you are a busy individual keep the meal replacements handy just incase you are short on time... something is better than nothing.... but a diet built on meal replacements sounds like failure waiting to happen.... been there done that...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Meal replacements are nothing more than some processed powders with lower calories disguised as "food" for those trying to lose weight because they DON'T know or won't learn how to do it with real food.
    Also you'd be very hard pressed to find proof (actual peer reviewed clinical studies) showing meal replacements "speed up" metabolism. Like I mentioned in my "gullibility" thread, some people get desperate for weight loss and fall for the propaganda that the diet industry offers. But why listen..................this is only my job for 29 years.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    If you are a busy individual keep the meal replacements handy just incase you are short on time... something is better than nothing.... but a diet built on meal replacements sounds like failure waiting to happen.... been there done that...
    Success rate is about 10% overall. But that doesn't bother the companies that sell them because if someone lost a few with their product, quit and restarted, chances are they might reup with them again. Repeat customers are a huge profit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Eat real food. Use protein powder if you need to up your protein.
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    No thanks. My mom does the Ideal Protein plan and it hasn't been sustainable for her. She will do ok for awhile, lose weight, get bored and she's back to making poor food choices again and the weight comes back. I think they are ok for one meal a day or so. But I can't do a whole program. What do you do after?
  • keelz2010
    Options
    I'd rather eat real food than drink the calories.