Coffee drinkers

Options
I do drink coffee. One regular cup in the morning with sugar and milk. I need t start the day somehow.:) After reading a lot about it, I tried not to have any. I could last only 3 days. Simply I was a zombie. Always sleepy, slow... My blood pressure is very low, without coffee, I could fall asleep while standing! I tried tea of course, but won't give enough push. I'm wondering if anyone has/had same issues and how do they handle it.

Wishing to all of you a delighted, well-controlled day!

Anna

Replies

• tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Why are you giving up coffee? If you are worried about calories, eliminate the milk and sugar, or have it with just milk.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I love coffee!

Just watch the milk and sugar as above.

I also try to drink and extra cup of water for every coffee I drink
  • Galathea96
    Galathea96 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'd never give up coffee. I just cut out the sugar and now just drink it with low fat milk. I prefer it that way now and don't like it when sugar is added.
  • 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    I have my coffee every morning with some heavy cream, and splenda.
  • SibylDiane
    SibylDiane Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    you'll pry my morning mug of coffee out of my cold, dead fingers. I drink it black, so fat/sugar etc. from adding cream or sugar is not an issue. Black coffee helps prevent type II diabetes and other nasty diseases :)
  • esquire9
    esquire9 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I cant survive without my daily caffine :) . You can switch to low calorie energy drink if all you need is the caffine .
  • Bill_from_Philly
    Options
    No coffee? couldn't do it, I don't think mankind started to become civilized until we discovered coffee and if it was gone we'd all revert back to being savages in loincloths.
  • deepbreaths_strongmoves
    Options
    I drink a cup of coffee almost every morning with almond milk. I just make sure that I have water throughout the day as well. I believe coffee, in moderation, is fine.
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Ditto. I know coffee is one of those now-it's-good-now-it's-bad foods, but I don't have any problem with it. I cut out sugar from my coffee a long time ago by gradually switching from white sugar to raw sugar to honey to nothing, and then did the same with cream. Buying good quality coffee helps with that too... I find milk just masks the taste of a nice strong cup.
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    I drink black coffee. It was a torture to give up my creamer and milk but I did it and only "spruce it up" on special occasions. I think on average I drink at least 30-40 oz of coffee a day.
  • Suzyqall72
    Options
    I use splenda or equal, and then I add a creamer with no sugar or lower fat or whatever. One little creamer is no more than about 25 calories for the liquid ones. It's worth it.
  • Ravepixie87
    Options
    I used to be a massive coffee drinker, but gave it up and now love green tea.

However if you enjoy it and your arent drinking it in access I dont see any reason why you should give it up! Isnt coffee only harmful to your health if you drink too much of it?
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I have an espresso machine and always start the day with a cappucino or latte, and usually at least one more later in the day. When I was trying to lose, I replace the milk with almond milk for awhile to save on calories. Now on maintenance I am back to 2% milk. My favorite long run recovery drink is a single or double latte with 1 TBSP of some sort of flavoring syrup!
  • LittleBallofFurr
    LittleBallofFurr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee with flavored cream. It is my one guilty pleasure. I alternate it though, a few days of coffee, and then a few days of tea. I loveTazo teas, especially the Passion blend and the Awake! Blend. They do almost the same as coffee for me. (sipping on passion now...) Hope this helps and good luck!
  • ambervaldez79
    ambervaldez79 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Anna, I am exactly the same way. I have tried on numerous occasions to give it up. If I don't start my morning with coffee I will have terrible headache and I will be so sleepy and lethargic. I want to cut it out because of the acid in it. I think I would need to do it when I don't have to work. I was thinking about xmas vacation. :/
  • zinfull
    zinfull Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to take the calorie hit for my coffee. Maybe I'm logging it wrong but 1 Tbl 1/2 & 1/2 is only 20 calories plus Splenda or real sugar. There are worse things I could be consuming in the morning.
  • joeamendiola
    Options
    I have also tried to give up coffee and I can't. It is my one weakness.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    No need to give up coffee. I use splenda and fat free half & half in mine, and it's delightful. sometimes I go for just splenda to cut a few calories out.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I drink half-caf with stevia and sugar free, fat free flavored creamer.