The Lovely Keurig Coffee Machine...

Options
2»

Replies

• DeenaSueW
    DeenaSueW Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That is where I buy mine - I get the Newman's Own Organic. Costco also carries them for the same price with a different selection. This time of year you can also find the pumpkin spice which is very yummy!
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Ours have 5 sizes.
    Yes I think they are worth it. I find that you can get two uses out of each cup, depending on the size you choose.
    Costco has a large box of them for a pretty good deal.

I'm a tea drinker so my favorite is the black tea.

I buy the Costco pack too. Works out to ~50 cents a cup. 1/3 or less of the price of a daily take out coffee.
  • ctgirlscout
    ctgirlscout Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I love mine because I am the only one in the house who drinks coffee. It was such a waste to brew an entire pot just for me. You can find the K-cups online fairly cheap. My only problem is right now my Keurig isn't working...pump stopped working...and I don't know where to take it to get it fixed!
  • DeenaSueW
    DeenaSueW Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    They have a solo cup filter that is reusable. You can use it for coffee or tea.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    It's a giant pain in the tuchas to use and the coffee turns out icky.

I'd rather use my two-cup Euro press. Cheaper, better, easier and doesn't produce plastic waste for the landfill.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    It's a giant pain in the tuchas to use and the coffee turns out icky.

I'd rather use my two-cup Euro press. Cheaper, better, easier and doesn't produce plastic waste for the landfill.

I just re-read that. What a parade-rainer-onner I am.
  • laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    We have a senseo which they apparently have stopped making. I like it much better than keurig (we have it at work) as long as I buy better pods for it (i.e. not the ones labeled Senseo). I also like it better because it doesn't have plastic - can compost the pods. Also, they have (I have) refillable "ecopods" for use with your own ground coffee. Once this dies, we'll probably just stick with cold brewed coffee, reheated in micro for hot coffee.
  • Heather0123456789
    Options
    The Keurig and I...........<3 at first site ;)

I have a bazillion favorites (okay, maybe 15) and I don't care how much it costs........

That relationship ^^^^^^^ is totally worth every cent :)
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I love mine <3
  • asbonita3
    asbonita3 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Drinking a cup right now, love it!!!!
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Try the San Francisco Bay Coffee cups

http://www.gourmet-coffee.com/onecup-coffee/

If you buy the case at Costco it is about $0.37 per cup. They have a filter bottom instead of plastic so they taste better.
  • faupster
    faupster Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Buy the Keurig at Bed Bath and Beyond on the clearance table - people return/exchange them all the time(my friend works there, thats how I got mine for $40 never opened just returned).

Buy K-Cups online on amazon for cheap prices on the main flavors, for other flavors use the 20% off coupon in the ad each week.
  • woodsy0912
    Options
    Love mine. I am the only coffee drinker maybe once a day so it is perfect for me.

I also buy a lot of my flavors on amazon when they are on sale.

My three go to flavors are hazelnut cream, pumpkin spice, and the Kahlua kind.
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I like mine. I buy the cups on sale one of my purchases on Black Friday. I also run each cup twice, protein whey is my new creamer.

I never thought about running them twice! I will have to try that. I also use loose coffee sometimes and put it in the k-cup reusable filter.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Mine is the Keurig from Costco - not sure which one, but you can adjust temp and there are 4 different cup sizes. It also came with it's own K-Cup, which we can fill with our favorite brand of coffee and make it just like a pot of coffee, one cup at a time. I love ours and would really miss it not that it's part of my routine. My problem with a regular coffee maker, is I only ever wanted on cup in the Am, so it works perfect for me.
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!!