Egg drop soup

Options
2»

Replies

• weliveaswedream
    weliveaswedream Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome! I will have to give it a go.
  • batewellb
    Options
    thnk you
  • tangie82
    tangie82 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Bump. Thanks for posting.
  • ChristinaR720
    Options
    Also, you can try slowly pouring your eggs through a fork while making sure that the soup in the pot is spinning like a tornado. That's what I do.

Thanks for the tip! I’ll definitely try that next time!
    Should be around 280 for the entire recipe, though... Maybe you used extra large eggs or something. :P

ETA: Should be less than 280 actually. I read that as 6 egg whites.

Nope, I just used a regular large egg. I’m not sure about the calories. I used MFP’s recipe feature, and based the calories off of what it gave me. But, hey, it’s great if it has even fewer calories than I had originally thought!
    I have never seen egg drop soup.
    What are you shooting for?

I googled images of it and found some with noodles and some without.
    What I want to know is in the noodle less version --- how does the egg end up?

Do you end with 1-2 TBS of cooked egg from the heat of the liquid with a trail of less and less cooked egg?

Egg drop soup can be a low-cal soup without the added calories from the noodles. If done correctly (which I still need to learn), the egg will look stringy and will have a slightly similar texture as scrambled eggs. I'm not sure how much egg you actually end up with. It's mainly a broth-based soup. I hope this helps!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I love egg drop soup ......... I always use low-sodium chicken broth ..... thanks for sharing :drinker:
  • horses7777
    Options
    bump and thanks!
  • monastempletransformed
    Options
    yum yum !!! :wink:
  • CandiceScott69
    CandiceScott69 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yum
  • Pixie8504
    Pixie8504 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Will have to try this one. Sounds yummy
  • blackunicorn101
    Options
    Sounds delicious, will definitely try.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    It is yummy, comforting and low cal. One of those recipes that may take more cals making it than eating it, yet satisfying. :love:
  • onehurt
    onehurt Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Bookmarked!
  • iconnor
    iconnor Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I love egg drop soup!
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Making this tomorrow!
  • Sheirai
    Sheirai Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yummy!
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Just made this... it was really good! I didn't have any sesame oil, so I didn't add it. I used Better than Boullion paste, but will use homemade chicken stock next time. That would be delicious!! Mine was only 42 cals a cup!!! Wow!!! I could eat A LOT of this! Yay!
  • VirtuousVal
    VirtuousVal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Here is a recipe for egg drop soup, in case anyone is interested! This was 96 calories per serving (1 cup). I am not big on onions, so I didn't add them, but feel free to garnish this with green onions or chives.

Egg Drop Soup
    Makes 4 (1-cup) servings

4 cup chicken broth (I used 2 bouillon cubes with 4 cups of water)
    1 tsp soy sauce
    1 tsp sesame oil
    1 egg, beaten
    6 tbsp egg whites (or egg whites from 2 eggs)

In a small saucepan, combine the chicken broth, soy sauce and sesame oil. Bring to a boil. Stir gently in one direction while you pour in the egg. Season with salt and pepper and serve.

Bump this to save for later!

Yummy! Yummolishcious! It is full of Deliciousness! Thanks for sharing your low calorie recipe idea! Have a blessed and prosperous day! † ♥♥HUGS♥♥

Elephantbutt.gifElephantbutt.gifElephantbutt.gif
  • JNALTBK
    JNALTBK Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Ohhh my ... this would make a yummy lunch. Thanks.