Options
    Yesss! <3
  • Kap10
    Kap10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    we'll be going asap
  • jono2970
    Options
    I will go see it but my wife is really worried about MF as Bilbo...we'll have to see, won't we?
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    cmcollins001 posted:
    I don't like crowds of people enough to go to the opening, BUT I will see it at the theater. I've been waiting for this since the cartoon disappointment they put out so many years ago. LOVED the book!

You didn't like the Rankin/Bass version in 1977? I thought it was kinda cute, and the depiction of Smaug was well-drawn.
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Slightly nervous about the fact that it's THREE movies (not really sure how they can do that without it dragging/spreading thin), but still very excited to see it regardless.
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    soooooooo jealous!!
  • lc52820
    lc52820 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to the premiere but I'm planning on trying to catch a Friday matinee :happy:
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I was mad when they didn't make the Hobbit first. I'm so excited!!!
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Slightly nervous about the fact that it's THREE movies (not really sure how they can do that without it dragging/spreading thin), but still very excited to see it regardless.

I know, three full-length movies out of that one little book! That's Hollywood, milking it for all the dollars they can get!
  • Celticthunderfan
    Celticthunderfan Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The three movie concept is interesting. The Hobbit itself is short, but there is a lot of extra information in the Lost Tales, Sillmerilion, and Appendix of RotK. I hope it works well.

Also, I am a Sherlockian. I can't wait to see Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    The three movie concept is interesting. The Hobbit itself is short, but there is a lot of extra information in the Lost Tales, Sillmerilion, and Appendix of RotK. I hope it works well.

Also, I am a Sherlockian. I can't wait to see Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch.

Yes, yes, yes. I can totally see it being 3 films considering the story and the supplements. I am happy it will not be over after one film. :)
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    yup, I need to get tickets to the premier. I have been waiting for this movie for 10 years...I'll probably see it three times before christmas...
  • shirlandmews
    Options
    The Community of the Ring was on TV tonight in France ! Just finished it ! I'm so excited ! It'll be out in 2 days here ! Yaaaay !
  • Celticthunderfan
    Options
    Lucky. The USA has to wait until Friday. I the mean time, I watching Fellowship (Community) of the Ring right now. I love LOTR.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    It has Richard Armitage in it so I will be watching at some point!

Bet he isn't as attractive as in North and South or Robin Hood though!

I beg to differ!

thorinoakenshield-firstlookswordtsr1.jpg

HAWT!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I don't like crowds of people enough to go to the opening, BUT I will see it at the theater. I've been waiting for this since the cartoon disappointment they put out so many years ago. LOVED the book!

Disappointment? How old are you? I was a small child when it came out. The cartoon was the beginning of my love for Tolkien.
    hobbit_1.jpg

I have nothing but love for it. My kids watched it also, when they were little.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

I heard they were adding in bits from The Silmarillion. But I haven't verified that.
  • Celticthunderfan
    Options
    I went on imdb today, and apparently Elros is in the second movies. That could mean some amazing flash backs.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I was mad when they didn't make the Hobbit first. I'm so excited!!!

I know!! Right?!!
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Waiting til Christmas so I can go with my hunny. Hope I understand it since I never saw lotr. He can explain what I've missed.