TIPS for LOSING WEIGHT WITHOUT EXERCISE?

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Milk is not good for you, it is good for cows. If you cut the milk and the wheat, you'll probably drop weight. But, honestly, exercise is the most beneficial. Even if it's just a few minutes a day. It will build muscle and shift your metabolism to burn more calories all day long.

*facepalm*

I don't see anything wrong with what she said. What other species drinks the milk from the udder of another animal? I consider milk in the same league as some processed stuff, with all the hormones that go into it. Yes it can have beneficial things it in but in the long run it's hardly a health food.

Cat-skunk01.jpg
    rt_animal_friends_080701_ssh.jpg
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I'll probably get blasted for this but I get tired of hearing people say you MUST take time to exercise. Well, when you work two jobs (one in retail during the Christmas season), have 3 very, very busy kids, you don't always have the time. I've lost 20 pounds (1 pound a week consistently) without exercise. You can do it if you follow the calorie intake MFP sets up for you.

These attitudes of "you must do this, you must do that" was the reason I failed in my weight loss the last time. I felt like I had to follow every piece of advice, do everything everyone said. I was convinced there was only one right way to lose weight. And when the pressure became too much (to only put healthy things in my mouth, to work out so many times a week, yadda, yadda, yadda), I simply quit everything.

This time I'm not listening to any "you must".

Well, except for one. "You must do what's right for you and only you know what that is."

This.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Milk is not good for you, it is good for cows. If you cut the milk and the wheat, you'll probably drop weight. But, honestly, exercise is the most beneficial. Even if it's just a few minutes a day. It will build muscle and shift your metabolism to burn more calories all day long.

*facepalm*

I don't see anything wrong with what she said. What other species drinks the milk from the udder of another animal? I consider milk in the same league as some processed stuff, with all the hormones that go into it. Yes it can have beneficial things it in but in the long run it's hardly a health food.

Cat-skunk01.jpg

A tame farm cat that zoo workers placed the skunks with after the mother skunk died. Yes, truly a demonstration of natural behaviour at work.

lolz - read what you said - I was showing it was wrong.

Also, last time I drank milk, I did not drink it directly from an udder either
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

*facepalm*

I don't see anything wrong with what she said about milk. What other species drinks the milk from the udder of another animal? I consider milk in the same league as some processed stuff, with all the hormones that go into it. Yes it can have beneficial things it in but in the long run it's hardly a health food.

Other animals don't have thumbs to pull on cow udders. Aside from digestive issues that some people have, there's nothing wrong with drinking milk.
  • thisisiamj
    thisisiamj Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Make sure you use a food scale to make sure you are eating at the correct calories deficit, when you go shopping - park farther away, take the stairs when you can, eat more protein/less carbs, eat your calories/don't drink em.

I really think everyone should find the time to exercise though, it has so much more benefits than just losing weight. Even if its just for 30 minutes at home, it could really do you some good.
  • K8Mohr
    Options
    Eating at a calorie deficit can only do so much. If you're completely inactive you won't burn enough calories to be able burn the calories you are taking in.

Personally I would suggest some Vitamin B3 (Niacin), it'll help with digestion, increasing your metabolism, increasing your energy levels, it even helps with depression.

If possible I would suggest waking up 15 minutes early and go for a walk, do some yoga or something to get moving. You'll want to move if you start taking that Niacin.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    You're right. Allow me to correct myself: what other species naturally drinks from the udder of another species without being artifically placed in that situation by humans?

"Also, last time I drank milk, I did not drink it directly from an udder either "
    The milk came from the cow's udder, which is my point. It's even more unnatural in this case.

None of this has any bearing on milk being good or bad.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    You're right. Allow me to correct myself: what other species naturally drinks from the udder of another species without being artifically placed in that situation by humans?

"Also, last time I drank milk, I did not drink it directly from an udder either "
    The milk came from the cow's udder, which is my point. It's even more unnatural in this case.

This milk came from a cows udder and the rats are wild ones:

Milk4.jpg

Milk is a good source of protein and has a bunch of nutrients. Please could you explain how it is bad for you?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    milk is not the subject of this thread

let's not hi jack it
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I have heard of people exercising to house work and losing weight. If you work alot baybe you could take the stairs instead of the elevator or park further away from the door.
  • higgyjig
    Options

Milk4.jpg

Milk is a good source of protein and has a bunch of nutrients. Please could you explain how it is bad for you?

no argument on the milk front bro but
    artifically placed in that situation by humans?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Milk4.jpg

no argument on the milk front bro but
    artifically placed in that situation by humans?

No - they are not placed there, they are wild rats outside. I think, a temple in India...errr...bro! :wink:
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I've been so happy to lose the last five pounds or so while in chronic pain. I decided when my shoulder got really bad and I started taking pain killers that I was not going to sit on the couch watching tv and eating my favorite potato chips. Instead I decided to have a calorie deficit without exercise and if I'm going to be miserable anyway I may as well lose a little weight while I'm at it! Turns out I'm not miserable, I'm losing, I feel so confident about what I have learned here. I have ran or walked about once a week along with sitting on the couch with ice and painkillers or wine and net flicks. I don't feel like I need to justify my inactivity, nor do I think I'm being lazy. But to make a long story short, yeah, you can lose weight without depending on exercise to do so.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP for about 40 days, only able to lose about 3 pounds. I haven't really been working out much because i don't have much time to do that, but I'm relatively following my calorie amount per day to lose 1.5 pounds per week. Im not really losing 1.5 pounds per week though. I've cut down on sugary foods and simply carbs completely. I only drink water and milk. I recently started to have a cup a day of milk because my bodybuilder teacher told me it helps out and its good for you. I don't eat any processed foods. My snacks are fruits, vegetables, whole-wheat crackers, etc. Does it take longer to longer to lose weight because im not exercising, how long? AND do you have any other tips i should take to change my dieting habits?

--Thanks

You can lose weight without exercise, but not if you're 'relatively' following your calorie goal, as you stated. You need to exactly know what you need and eat at a deficit. You need to be accurate in measuring and counting calories. Relatively won't cut it.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I would start walking. A few minutes here and there can add up.

Maybe something like a fitbit could help encourage you to be more active throughout the day.
  • mdyorston
    Options
    I'll probably get blasted for this but I get tired of hearing people say you MUST take time to exercise. Well, when you work two jobs (one in retail during the Christmas season), have 3 very, very busy kids, you don't always have the time. I've lost 20 pounds (1 pound a week consistently) without exercise. You can do it if you follow the calorie intake MFP sets up for you.

These attitudes of "you must do this, you must do that" was the reason I failed in my weight loss the last time. I felt like I had to follow every piece of advice, do everything everyone said. I was convinced there was only one right way to lose weight. And when the pressure became too much (to only put healthy things in my mouth, to work out so many times a week, yadda, yadda, yadda), I simply quit everything.

This time I'm not listening to any "you must".

Well, except for one. "You must do what's right for you and only you know what that is."

Not blasting you, but working retail IS exercise. You'd be surprised how many calories you burn while working.

that's what I was going to say :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I have nipples Greg, can you milk me??

mtp.jpg
  • vegdocmama
    vegdocmama Posts: 4 Member
    Options
  • vegdocmama
    vegdocmama Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    [quote/]
    [/quote]

http://www.nutritionmd.org/nutrition_tips/nutrition_tips_understand_foods/dairy.html

http://www.pcrm.org/search/?cid=2104

http://www.naturalnews.com/000930_cows_milk_dairy_products.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/031255_milk_health.html

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/dangers-of-cows-milk/

http://www.notmilk.com/kradjian.html

Cow milk is designed by nature to grow calves into large cows quickly. It is full of antibiotics, blood, pus, and growth and stress hormones. It has not 'been consumed by all humans for all of history' as many people like to claim. Most of the world does not drink cow milk. It is associated with higher cancer rates, obesity, diabetes, ear infections, colic, asthma, sinus infections, osteoporosis and increased hip fractures.
    The dairy industry wants you to believe that cow milk is good for you as it is highly profitable. That is all.
  • mambagirl
    mambagirl Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I Agree.Cow milk is for baby Cows.