Will My Cup Size Go Down?

Options

Replies

• lc52820
    lc52820 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    It's false that all women will lose weight in their chest as they lose. I'm down 25lbs and I still remain the same cup size. It depends on how you lose weight, where you lose it. If you do it the healthy way, slowly & over time your cup size will most likely remain the same or only decrease by a cup.

Me too...I was curious to see what would happen since I was about 36C prior to weight gain and right now I'm up to 40D. I was kinda hoping to at least go down to a size that's more common & easier to find when shopping for bras.
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    at my start weight 219 lbs 2 years ago, I was a 42DD...I have lost 36.8 lbs, slowly, and I didn't see a change in my bra till just this last week where I was able to adjust my band setting to one tighter...all tho now my pants are almost falling off, LOL...I have all my adult life been heavy and mostly at least a D cup....I don't think it is possible to get to an A or B, from where we are at....
  • Suzyqall72
    Options
    I am a DD as well, and I went from a 44 DD to a 38 DD when I lost 86 pounds. I don't think you have to worry about being an A or B.
  • sheri555
    Options
    My boobies were like the first thing to go. I was a D cup to start, with 48lbs off me I'm down to a C. I miss them sometimes but ahhhh, the memories. :)
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Some do, some don't. Some are blessed with dense chest tissue that doesn't go anywhere, others are not. lol. I was a 38D, now I am a 34C. which is almost a B I believe. Before I even gained any weight I was a 36B. so guess i'm back to my natural shape. Bra sizes are really so confusing anyway. I wouldn't worry about it. It seems that women that have had a larger chest before, tend to retain most of it.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I only lost a cup size or so, but 16 inches in band size. Everyone is different.
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different when it comes to losing weight, but I doubt that you would go down quite that much. I know when I lost about 30 pounds a few years back (before I gained it all back and then some) they got a little smaller but not much. I just went from a big C to a small C cup. I also think some of it depends on whether your boobs got bigger due to a weight gain or if they were already big to begin with due to genetics.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Well I sure hope I don't lose any as I am fond of my C's it took me forever to get them (gained 54kilo). Was skinny most of my life and only had A's.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I just joined today so hopefully I am posting in the right place :)

I'm 5'1 and hoping to lose around 88 pounds I'm currently a 34/36 DD in bras (usually just wear victoria's secret or la senza)
    What are the chances of me becoming an A/B cup after losing the amount of weight I'd like?
    Thanks! :)

I'm just a smidge taller than you are, and started out with 85-90 pounds to lose. I started out at a 42DD...I have lost 32 pounds, and currently wear a 38C. That is where I was at the last time I was close to goal weight almost 14 years ( and 2 more kids) ago. I'm pretty sure my boobs will stay about the same size, but I am making sure to work my pecs as insurance...
  • ILoveMyLifeee
    Options
    I'd say I've been on the heavier side most of my life. The heaviest is my current weight which is 208 pounds. I don't seem to carry it in that area though , more so on my arms and legs. I guess I'll see as I go what happens :)

Thanks for all the answers so far everyone!
  • Calm_Lotus_06
    Calm_Lotus_06 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Every woman is different. A friend of mine lost weigh in her breasts first. I however havn't lost anything and I wish I would! I am 5'0'' and a 38 DDD.. it is no fun! But good luck!
  • amyc0128
    Options
    I have lost weight everywhere but my breast cup size I am still a DD.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Mine got bigger, but I'm tall and had a big bust even when I was very thin.
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You've seen all the answers (some yes, some no, some maybe...) but here's my experience:

As I gained weight over the last 10 years - my boobs got bigger too. Went from about a 36-38 C (in my happy days!) to a 42DD when I started my weight loss. I'm down 70lbs and as of today, I'm down to a 38D. So in my opinion, YES! They will go down in size. But it wasn't super drastic... It makes sense they'd go down- I mean, I think boobs have a lot of fat in them (they're so squishy!) so... I'd say yes.
  • hehthurr
    hehthurr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Very true, everyone is different! I have a friend who just lost 40 lbs and has lost her boobs, and my weight has always fluctuated and honestly, I've never lost my boobs.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Went from a DD to a B, and am very ecstatic.

No guarantees that it will happen to you too, but I'm here to say there's a strong chance. :)
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    i went from a 38D to a 36B
  • ashmorgstraws
    Options
    Everyone is different. I've lost 110 lbs an went from a 42 G to a 36 G. :sad: I wish I could be a C or D cup.

Holy cow! I'm a 38DD & I want to be a C cup more than ANYTHING!
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. You would think with me being over 70 pounds overweight when I started, I would have had even a tiny butt. But nope, I still had a nega-butt. Just the way I am and how I hold my fat, around the belly. I don't THINK my chest will shrink but maybe a size at most. I am a DD now, so I don't really care if they shrink. The breast is fatty tissue but it isn't all "bad" fat, there is a difference between fat tissue and breast tissue.
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'm going to just pretty much repeat what everyone is saying and tell you "who knows"

You might lose weight from your chest, you might not.

At 4'11" and 125lbs, I was a tight 34 D. Now that I've lost 15 pounds, I'm somewhere between a 34 B/C. I haven't been measured since I lost weight, but I have bras in both 34B and 34C that fit well.

My bet is that you will lose some weight in your chest. Its just a matter of how much.