Your WTF moment of the year...

Options
UsedToBeHusky
UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
To go along with the "year in retrospect" thread...

I thought it would be amusing to talk about those moments in the year that stand out in your mind as the most random.

For me, my parked car spontaneously combusted on the 4th of July. And no... it was completely unrelated to fireworks.

What happened to you this years that made you say "WTF?"

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I broke my ankle walking and sprained my knee in my sleep.

Seriously.. W.T.F.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Seriously damaged my trap muscle in my shoulder taking a tire off a car back in March. I'm STILL having trouble, even after PT.

JM
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Nothing close to what's listed here but my brand new less than a year old CR-V flooded in August in a freak rainstorm- seriously they said a storm like this hits every 100 years-ish...

Then after coming back from a trip to Texas in November I discovered that my Accord I got to replace the CR-V had a dead battery after sitting in the airport garage for 5 days...no lights left on or anything just bought a suicidal car I guess...

**edited to state that both cars were paid for with down payments made with leftovers from the previous car being totaled ...Im not rolling in new Hondas over here...
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    My team lead replaced me with two inexperienced newbs. One watches DVD's and takes meeting minutes. The other just reformats the documents that I've made for the last two years into the new and improved document templates (copying and pasting). Neither are technical or understand the subject matter.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

Seriously.. W.T.F.

How do you sprain your knee in your sleep? :huh:
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    My cat decided it was too late for me to be reading in bed, so she walked over my head and turned off my bedside lamp with her paw then went and lay down to sleep. That was definitely a wtf moment.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    My husband spent most of January and February in the hospital. So the portion of our tax refund that would have went to bills and saving for my furlough ended up spent in gas and hospital cafeteria food. Our finances still haven't caught up completely. :ohwell:

edit: This might be more of an FML than a WTF, but wtf-ever. :tongue:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    My cat decided it was too late for me to be reading in bed, so she walked over my head and turned off my bedside lamp with her paw then went and lay down to sleep. That was definitely a wtf moment.

That's a pretty awesome cat! LOL! I need to teach mine to do that.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Biggest "WTF" moment: waking up on Nov. 7
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    About the time I hit the "I lost 50 lbs!" mark, I developed gall bladder problems (required surgery) and plantar fasciitis - which still messes with my cardio. I thought getting healthy was .. ya know... gonna make me more healthy! :)
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I woke up one morning with a CONFIRMED raisin in my nose and I had not had raisins for days leading up to the incident.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Doctors appointment, full checkup for good measure you know.

She
    Recommends I make a cardiologist appoinment right away(for a heart murmer I had no idea I had) , also a mammogram and ultrasound. THEN tells me I seem sad and prescribes prozac.

A lot of crappy WTF moments this year, but that was by far the biggest.
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I woke up one morning with a CONFIRMED raisin in my nose and I had not had raisins for days leading up to the incident.

Do you have kids?
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Finding out my BP is NOW higher than it was when I was 80lbs heavier
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I saw a Storm Trooper buying coke and muesli bars at the grocery store.

Turns out it was a guy walking across the country for charity. But at the time he was just shopping like it was nothing.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    My house burned down in Jan. other than being a huge mess - it ended up being a great thing. All new stuff, kitchen of my dream, the kids got all new toys and clothes. We really needed a fresh start

Diagnosed with thyroid cancer 2 weeks after we moved back into our home in June. Just had radiation treatment last week and am in isolation in my new big comfy bed.

Here's to 2013 being much less dramatic. Lol
  • odusgolp
    Options

Seriously.. W.T.F.

How do you sprain your knee in your sleep? :huh:

Best guess is my foot got caught up and I rolled? Doctor said he'd seen it once before in 1976 *LOL* And this was on Saturday :)
  • odusgolp
    Options
    My house burned down in Jan. other than being a huge mess - it ended up being a great thing. All new stuff, kitchen of my dream, the kids got all new toys and clothes. We really needed a fresh start

Diagnosed with thyroid cancer 2 weeks after we moved back into our home in June. Just had radiation treatment last week and am in isolation in my new big comfy bed.

Here's to 2013 being much less dramatic. Lol

I'm a horrible friend. I did not know about the thyroid cancer love ((((((HUGS)))))))
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    when I woke up one morning with a big bruise on my forehead and lipstick all over my face wondering what happened last nite.