Any ideas for kitchen gadgets on your Christmas list?

Replies

• Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    I asked for this stuff for my kitchen this year:

carving board with juice "moat"
    Henckels Paring Knife
    Some new stone bakeware in a 9x13 size
  • Jen2Bfit
    Jen2Bfit Posts: 125 Member
    I bought myself a juicer for Christmas, I love the idea of making whole, pure juices and smoothies. :smile:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    I want a food scale and an assortment of new grater - like a zester, nutmeg grater, etc :) I like to grate sh1t? A new Lasagna Pan, and a bread knife.

I'm taking suggestions on which brand bread knife or food scale, btw.

PM me for my address on where to send my gifts.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    I want a food scale and an assortment of new grater - like a zester, nutmeg grater, etc :) I like to grate sh1t? A new Lasagna Pan, and a bread knife.

Just need a few diff microplanes for all your grating needs :)
  • odusgolp

Just need a few diff microplanes for all your grating needs :)

Or maybe I can grate things on your abs??
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Kitchenaid stand mixer (love mine!)
    Ice cream attachment
    Meat Grinder attachment
    Pasta attachment

Anything from Williams Sonoma (like the pinapple corer that cuts it into rings!)
    Dutch Oven
    I would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE some Mauviel Copper Cookeware (although not gadget-ey)

Slap chop!
  • odusgolp
    Kitchenaid stand mixer (love mine!)
    Ice cream attachment
    Meat Grinder attachment
    Pasta attachment

Anything from Williams Sonoma (like the pinapple corer that cuts it into rings!)
    Dutch Oven
    I would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE some Mauviel Copper Cookeware (although not gadget-ey)

Slap chop!

Rumor has it the pasta attachment is discontinued :(
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    I need one of these

31gObLj74VL.jpg
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    I think to put a Magic Bullet on my list. Just saw one at Costo just over $40. Not bad. Love to make smoothies and protein shakes which I usually do with my blender. A bit messy because it is a big thing, only for one cup. And most of it all the frozen fruit get stuck in the blades and I have to poke it to loosen it up. Nobody else in the family loves smoothies.
    Any other ideas for kitchen gadgets?Maybe a digital food scale?

Don't get a Magic Bullet. It was one of the worst kitchen appliances I ever bought. I made salsa with it. I didn't get salsa - I got pureed tomato goop. I tried to grind up chicken salad - the chicken salad was just as complete as it was when I threw the pieces in. The ONLY thing a Magic Bullet is good for is smoothies. My advice? Get an immersion mixer for like $15 and you can make your one smoothie at a time.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    I asked for a George Foreman because they're really versatile. Specifically I wanted it to make like hot ham and cheese sandwiches.

I would do anything for a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    I asked for a George Foreman because they're really versatile. Specifically I wanted it to make like hot ham and cheese sandwiches.

I would respectfully suggest the above reason is why you, and others, should not have one :devil:
  • mtabh
    mtabh Posts: 128 Member
    Last year I got a KitchenAid, a set of Wustof knives and a "slap chop". Slap chop is the funniest thing and doesn't work very well...but I HAD to have one. Clearly I should have known better.

I want a digital food scale and someone to teach me to weigh meat. Can you weigh it frozen? I rarely thaw before cooking.... Can you weigh it after it's cooked?
  • ARHx0
    ARHx0 Posts: 32
    A juicer!

I'm so tempted to just buy myself one right now, but I guess I can wait until Christmas and hope it's under someones tree! lol
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Thermapen.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member

I would respectfully suggest the above reason is why you, and others, should not have one :devil:

I normally walk quietly backwards out of the "room" when I see comments like this, but that, sir, was very rude and uncalled for. Now I shall quietly walk out of the room. That is all.
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    I asked Santa for a Ninja. Our current blender has about pooped itself.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    i am asking for a magic bullet or food processor too!! and also an ice cream maker so i can make ice cream with almond milk!
  • erinlibke
    erinlibke Posts: 144 Member
    george foreman grill and sandwich press, T-fal actifry!
  • erinlibke
    erinlibke Posts: 144 Member
    :smile:
  • Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Definitely a Yonana!! I also wouldn't mind one of those cool plum coloured Kitchenaids