This is what they mean when they don't want to "bulk up"

Options
But I love it.

2e3rf9j.jpg

I love lifting and feeling strong. Since I have started bicep curling 30's at the gym, the guys definitely take notice. lol

Now, I'm not claiming to be some genetically modified freak, but I was a gymnast growing up so I probably started doing pushups at age 5. That and a calorie surplus enough to still make me a chubby kid despite all the exercise meant I was strong. Always have been. Lucky for me, I was able to keep up my muscle mass enough when I stopped living an active life for about seven years. Now that I'm back in it I'm loving seeing my muscles. My quads are a force to be reckoned with!

I'm far from my goal, and there's still a fair amount of squish on top of my muscles (most of it on my stomach) but I'll welcome my "bulk" with open arms!

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    You're biceps are pretty. And probably what, 12" around? Not bulky.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Whoooaaaaaa gun show! You're doing amazing :)

Nothing to be ashamed of here!
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You're biceps are pretty. And probably what, 12" around? Not bulky.

lol, I don't necessarily think I'm bulky, I just love my muscle definition these days. But yeah, about 12" regular, about 13" if I'm flexing.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Love it. Unless I flex, my muscles are not that noticeable , I just look toned (arggggg) but I measure at 13 inches biceps
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    gorgeous arms! love it! my biceps measure 12.5 but some of that is soft and flabby....I WANT my arms to look like yours!
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    If that is what people consider "bulking up", sign me up! Can't wait to start dedicating the gym time to lifting in Jan!
  • AcampoGirl
    AcampoGirl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You look so amazing! You're doing a awesome job and such an inspiration!!
  • trekkietaz
    Options
    awesome keep it up girl
  • myOWNinspiration
    Options
    Nice guns
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • Lconsla
    Lconsla Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Looks Great! I think i've done about a million tricep exercises and no difference,but i do have a nice little pop on my bicep. Which of course makes me looks like i have kick *kitten* bat wings :laugh: :laugh:
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Ah, how lovely! You have my goal arms. *sigh*
  • Aliciaaah
    Options
    Looks Great! I think i've done about a million tricep exercises and no difference,but i do have a nice little pop on my bicep. Which of course makes me looks like i have kick *kitten* bat wings :laugh: :laugh:

I LOVE the little "pop" on the bicep lol. I love flexing, because that's when they're rock hard and gives me the delusion that there's no fat on them hahaha
  • InkedBeauty89
    InkedBeauty89 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! I was also a gymnast. I love being strong!
  • Lconsla
    Lconsla Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    lol...exactly
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Great bicep & good forearms!
    I'm not a gymnast, but I love my muscles, or what is starting to show of them! I've always been a "thick" child, grew into a thick teen & thick young adult (thanx to swimming, ballet & karate as a kid). Now I'm middle-aged and getting muscles that pop and guys that oogle me at the gym - lol! Our quads might have been cut from the same cloth - mine are getting ginormous & I'm better than good with it, I'm embracing the muscles!!

Here's to muscles, strength & looking better than just good :bigsmile:
  • Aliciaaah
    Options
    Awesome!! I was also a gymnast. I love being strong!

Woo for gymnasts! lol
  • Cori_Mac
    Cori_Mac Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Inspiration! I can't wait to work my arms up to that. :)
  • Abstraktimus
    Abstraktimus Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You have bigger arms than mine ^.^ Way to go, you look amazing!
  • jentarver
    Options
    I love this girl! She is a power house!!! :)