Need a strength/fat burning at home routine

Options
Hey, I'm just wondering if anyone has a routine/dvd/anything that will help target fat loss, help lose inches and build up my strength at home?

I want to tone up desperately. I'm 3lb away from my pre-pregnancy weight and look nothing like I used too....not even close!

Replies

• Super_Cee
    Super_Cee Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I won't be alone in suggesting Jillian Michaels 30day shred DVD, both for calorie burning and strength building. Great results and actually enjoyable!
  • dc_smile2002
    dc_smile2002 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Www.bodyrock.TV. great workouts and they are all free. Oh.....and they normally only take 12 minutes to do. I normally try to do two of there workouts. You can follow them on Facebook too. :-)
  • dc_smile2002
    dc_smile2002 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Www.bodyrock.TV. great workouts and they are all free. Oh.....and they normally only take 12 minutes to do. I normally try to do two of there workouts. You can follow them on Facebook too. :-)

Fyi......Just checked the bodyrock website and it appears that they are having some issues with there sight today. Tomorrow they are suppose to roll out there new website. So excited to see the new site! :-)
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm just wondering if anyone has a routine/dvd/anything that will help target fat loss, help lose inches and build up my strength at home?

I want to tone up desperately. I'm 3lb away from my pre-pregnancy weight and look nothing like I used too....not even close!

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

Give this a shot...
  • shellux
    shellux Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Fitness blender workouts on you tube are very good.
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I love both Nerdfitness and Bodyrock.
    Nerdfitness is probably a little less intimidating, as it is difficult to find beginners, full body workouts at Bodyrock, so I suggest to start with Nerdifitnees.

:)
  • Amanda21202
    Amanda21202 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I've tried the 30 day shred and just couldn't stick to it, I found it boring and repetitive. Plus it was on my laptop which annoys me, I kept having to move my laptop to the fire then the floor etc, but thank you :)
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I've tried the 30 day shred and just couldn't stick to it, I found it boring and repetitive. Plus it was on my laptop which annoys me, I kept having to move my laptop to the fire then the floor etc, but thank you :)

My laptop has a hdmi output for any dvds I've stolen using the internetz

Follow the checking out free sites advice above.
  • Katy_G2013
    Katy_G2013 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    First place I'd start is with starting strength or strong lifts, but you have to have the equipment, which not everyone does at home. Still worth looking into.

Next, would be New Rules of Lifting. But again, you need equipment.

After that, I'd look into a lot of the above suggestions. Also read up on Convict Conditioning. BenderFitness (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/BenderFitness) is a member on here who puts all her routines on youtube... could be a good place to start from at home workouts with minimal equipment.

If you're willing to do something on your own (as opposed to a "boxed" routine), I'd get a pull-up bar, some resistance bands and start with the basics... pushups, pull-ups, squats, lunges.
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Bumping to keep so I can check out some of these sites. Thank you.
  • MariAOK
    Options
    bump
  • jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Try Nike training club on iPad
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    bump - this is what I'm trying to figure out for myself today!
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    blogilates is a fun and entertaining workout, and you should be able to connect your laptop to your tv.
  • RachelX04
    RachelX04 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Aside from the videos mentioned, don't forget to add the basics like push-ups, pull-ups squats, lunges, deadlifts, dips which you can do anywhere with little to no equipment. Consider buying a resistance band or much better yet invest in a pair of adjustable dumbbells plus some additional plates so you can have something extra when you become stronger and fitter.

Good luck!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Power Yoga, $8 at Target. Body weight training it's where it's at.

Trainer Bob's Warrior Yoga.

Work all of your muscles without special equipment. $5 on sale.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I won't be alone in suggesting Jillian Michaels 30day shred DVD, both for calorie burning and strength building. Great results and actually enjoyable!

It's on the YouTube for free.