• TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    0/10

That being said, I have 4 different Christmas meals to attend...YUMMMMMMMM
  • RatherBeFishing
    RatherBeFishing Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am not worried at all about Christmas food, so I give it a 1. One or two days doesn't kill you, it's when you that one day turns int 1-2 then 3-4 then 7 days a week. You still have to enjoy your life, or what is the point of looking good and being healthy if you don't???
  • sgarrard01
    sgarrard01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    0/10

Christmas is about having fun! Enjoy it!.... Rememeber, its not about what you eat inbetween christmas and new years, its what you eat between new years and christmas!

x
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    i^2
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving is way more scary than Christmas. T.giving is a whole holiday based on food. Christmas is based on being selfless. I got this one.

And I have the Christmas Menu planned. These people are going to eat great for very little.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    zero - I won't be indulging. I won't screw up a year's hard work just because everyone else is on a binge-fest.
  • dawndw
    dawndw Posts: 203
    Options
    0/10 NO FEAR!!! It's only food!!!
  • dawndw
    dawndw Posts: 203
    Options
    zero - I won't be indulging. I won't screw up a year's hard work just because everyone else is on a binge-fest.

Exactly!!!
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,234 Member
    Options
    I fear that it might not be as yummy as I hope. Otherwise, I don't fear food-I love it.

I started my "journey" the day after thanksgiving last year. It's daunting to enter into a big "eating" season just when you get started and you feel like you're going to undo everything you've done for the last few weeks. You won't. And even if you gain a pound or 2 or 3 (or more) because you choose to enjoy the holidays with family & friends and not stress over every cookie-get back on track afterwards and you'll be fine. For the record, I ate 1200 calories over maintenance last Xmas and survived.
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to eating like a pig for a few days!! It will not sabotage my efforts...we have a family brunch on the sunday before christmas, which is a buffet and I plan to eat like crazy, christmas eve we have dinner at my sister in laws, Christmas day is breakfast, lunch and dinner at our house, and boxing day is "Christmas" dinner at my brothers house, so I plan to go wild. Plus New Years Day is my boyfriends birthday so we there will be cake and snacks then too! Im looking forward to eating bad, ive been so good (for the most part!)
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options

All things in moderation. If I over do it a couple of days, so what? The great thing about the next day is it is an opportunity for a fresh start.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start a serious crack habit, I believe from largely anecdotal evidence that this will offset the damage done by the other festivities.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    0/10

Why on earth would I have a fear of food?

Think about it logically. How could a couple of days of over-indulgence possibly outweigh years of healthy lifestyle???

Everyone who doesn't answer like this has an issue with their head, not their body
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    1>365

Yeah, I really understand that logic.
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options

I flatly refuse to fear food! I do respect it however. I love to cook so I will take charge of what is being served, watch portions and be prepared to be over my calorie goals anyway. Then get back on the wagon the next day.
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    first world problems.

"OMG OMG OMG I hate Christmas! there's so much food around!"

puh-leeeease! and there are kids starving.

:yawn:
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    The problem is people stop exercising for a couple of weeks - many gyms are dead through the whole of December - and spread their overeating and binge drinking over a week or more. It's two full weeks until Christmas, you shouldn't already be seeing yourself as holding back, baking should not even be on your radar. Christmas is one single day, even if you have house guests for a few days there is no reason to bake two weeks in advance.

I will drink like a fish for a couple of days, overeat tho not pig out on milk chocolate and sugary crap because I prefer the savoury meals. But honestly how much damage can I do in the three days I am away? I can't physically consume enough calories that I will gain more than two pounds of bodyfat. That is 7000 extra calories which is eleven entire bottles of wine or eleven 100g bars of dark chocolate. How long would it take you to drink or eat that ON TOP OF a maintenance level diet, if you didn't hold back?
  • gsbrooks1
    Options
    not as bad as Thanksgiving for me. Christmas rate at a 4...Thanksgiving rate 15
  • Kellyeee2013
    Options
    Christmas is different if you are on the road a lot and staying with other people in their homes and either eating what they offer or eating out somewhere else. Big difference. I can just not go to restaurants and eat healthy at home the rest of the time.

I am travelling 8 hours by car just one way and staying with other people for 1-2 weeks. Big diff.

And if you want to eat healthy on the road you can do that too. They sell salads at restaurants, you can get lemon and no dressing and be bored as hell while others eat cake and other yummy stuff. I agree that it is harder to eat healthier on the road, but it's certainly not impossible. The reality is junk food is just as available at home as it is on the road, and if you can make the choice to eat healthier at home you can do the same on the road.

The alternative, what I choose to do, is to accept that you'll be a bit off during the holidays and account for it at other times. It's what most folks do, and you can too if you so choose.

There is NO reason to be 'afraid of food'.

I disagree. 8 hours of driving in the woods and only passing gas stations here and there really do limit what is available. I am not saying it is impossible, but it is for sure challenging. Maybe I will need to pack some sandwiches? Who knows. Also, when going from home to home visiting am I likely to stop by myself at a restaurant just for a salad and say no thanks to dinner with my loved ones? Probably not. Am I likely to ask for a salad when my friends are ordering pizza and I am staying in their home? Probably not. I will figure something out. But it is definitely challenging to try and adjust to a new lifestyle while living a completely different one while on holidays.