Coffee

Options
What is the downside of drinking too much coffee?

Replies

• MelloCape
    MelloCape Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Nervous twitching. Not being able to sleep. Becoming so addicted to it that when you go a day without it, you get a headache. But I still loooove it....
  • marilynnam
    Options
    Check out www.justbrewit.org.

That coffee has ganoderma lucidum in it, good for you AND TASTY! Research the benefits of ganoderma lucidum.
  • madworld1
    Options
    You can actually OD on coffee... meaning if you drink a certain amount you can hallucinate. True.
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    For some people caffeine causes high blood pressure. For me, nothing - besides not being able to sleep. WHICH IS AWESOME! Especially during finals! :tongue:
  • HannahsBestLife
    HannahsBestLife Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I just saw the word coffee and had to go into this topic, btw i'm currently drinking coffee :D
    I have it with trim milk and one sugar, Coffee isn't actually that bad in moderation but if your adding sugar or milk you need to make sure you track it, each of my coffee's is 52cals,

Btw way if your interested.. Nescafe and another brand (can't remember name) have brought out "GReen" coffee, it taste's AMAZING and has more nutrients and more health benefits than green tea!!!! It's slightly more expensive but it is goooood
  • Chug it, by the gallons, its a good diuretic and gives you that extra boost in the morning when you most need it. The goods outweigh the bad by far.
  • traceface71
    traceface71 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You can actually OD on coffee... meaning if you drink a certain amount you can hallucinate. True.

Hmmm...exactly how much? Cause I can bust out some Pink Floyd and brew a pot!
  • c0ffee_l0ver
    c0ffee_l0ver Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Hmmm...exactly how much? Cause I can bust out some Pink Floyd and brew a pot!

Unfortunately, you'd have to drink more than a normal human can consume.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Coffee-Slut-Name-Tag.gif
  • c0ffee_l0ver
    c0ffee_l0ver Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Coffee-Slut-Name-Tag.gif

LOVE THIS lol
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options

challenge-accepted.png
  • madworld1
    Options
    Yeah. You'd have to drink an assload. I used to drink an entire pot and then some. But, I cut way back.

Ahhhh Pink Floyd/Roger Waters. Love em with or without massive amounts of coffee. Ha.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I am yet to find a downside
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    for some people its a stimulant (heart palpitations,high blood pressure, jittery, ulcers, sleeplessness etc). For me no symptoms, I can drink an expresso on my way home from work and then sleep with no problems, also can go days without coffee with out the withdrawal effects ( choose to drink it most everyday, multiple cups for multiple years). Never heard of anyone having hallucinations from it unless they were mixing it with something else.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Yeah. You'd have to drink an assload.

I think you mean butt load. Assload is not a actual unit of measurement
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    No downside noted here....
  • LovelyVegetarian
    LovelyVegetarian Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yes please! I love coffee and it is frequently my go-to when I am hungry, have already had lots of water and need a pick me up. I drink it black so no added sugar either. I love it - have lived without it (two pregnancies and 26 months of nursing) but love it love it love it!!!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options

There really are people that cleanse their assloads with it though.....
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    my downside is peeing and pooping a lot after my 2 cups in the morning....and wanting mass quantities of vanilla creamer...love that ****.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

Standard, or Metric?