Options
  • Colliex3
    Colliex3 Posts: 328 Member
    Options

I FEAR MY BROTHER WILL GET THE MASHED POTATOES AND STUFFING BEFORE ME :(
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    0. Food doesn't scare me. Bad people scare me, strong storms scare me, the thought of someone harming my kids scares me.

Wait - rotten food or contaminated food scares me, holiday food or not. That is the only kind that scares me.
  • katienichols11
    Options
    probably a 9... those mince pies D:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    05180752230132296.jpg
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    0 - i am no longer going to allow food to control me... I control what I eat and how much, not the food.

good luck all!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    fear of food - zero
    fear of hurting some ones feelings because they want EVERYONE to have a piece of their handcrafted delight and I politly say no, thanks - 10
  • tbullock11
    tbullock11 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'd like to say 0, but I'm gonna say 1. I have a little fear of going nuts on the cookies.

I completely agree with this! But I would add in fudge...Those darn sweets get me every time!
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    negative 100000000. no one should fear deliciousness! enjoy it, it comes but once a year!!!!
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    fear of food - zero
    fear of hurting some ones feelings because they want EVERYONE to have a piece of their handcrafted delight and I politly say no, thanks - 10

hahah this is soooo true!!
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    ZERO! No fear for one day of enjoying myself. Even TWO!!! I lost weight over thanksgiving week :)
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Since it's not possible to go itno the negatives, and 0 is not on your little scale, gonna have to say 1. I have absolutely _no_ fear of indulging, ever. Because I know I can get right back on schedule the following day. Same with going absolutely hog-wild at a buffet.
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    a 10 when it comes to mom's made-from-scratch Christmas cookies.
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options

The food better fear me!

:happy: :drinker:

Although I'm adjusting my 0/10 answer to a conditional 3/10. If there's fruitcake, I'm hiding. My tummy might sadly revolt the rest of the deliciousness I've consumed, because.....(although I've admittedly never tried it) fruitcake just LOOKS like expelled tummy contents. Why would I eat that?! But luckily the only person in my family who likes fruitcake is my grandma, and she's used to being the family outcast in terms of that, so she keeps it alllll for herself. So I doubt I have any reason to worry :wink:
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    fear of food - zero

^^^^^ This......
    And I will probably be one of those people with the "handcrafted delights". hahahaha :wink:
    I am making 10 different kinds of cookies and EVERYONE has to try one of each!!! AAAHHH!!!
  • SloRunner25
    SloRunner25 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Not afraid of the food. Afraid of my ability to control my portions. I'm going to have some cookies ( I bake 5 different cookies usually 2 batches per cookie), but not have 12 cookies at once. To keep me honest I'm storing the cookies in the laundry room in gift containers so I only grab them on the way out to gift giving! I'm giving myself December 26th at my in-laws of no logging as a Christmas present. Like most people are saying, one day isn't going to completely throw off weeks and months of healthy living!! Best advice, listen to your body not your brain. If you are not hungry, don't eat (easier said than done, I know). :) Otherwise enjoy the holidays!!
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    As long as I compensate with plenty of exercise I hoping it will all even out. I gained a few pounds during Thanksgiving but was able to return after a few days of working hard.

Lookout Insanity in the new year!!! Gonna kick some serious butt on the unwanted inches!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    No fears because sweets, especially holidays sweets, do not tempt me at all. Christmas goodies are mostly full of cinnamon, a spice that I dislike and to what I may even have a mild allergy; it is very easy to stay away from it.

Not many parties (probably none this year) to attend, and I make Christmas dinner so I control the ingredients. I shouldn’t have many problems, especially if I use my "portion control" motto.
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I say a good solid 9! I have baked my Christmas cookies and eaten a few but not many. I'll get through it. :laugh: