cookies!

Options
djames92
djames92 Posts: 990 Member
i told my family that id make cookies for christmas what kind should i make???? dont really give a damn about healthy for christmas

Replies

• djames92
    Options
    anyone??
  • codycisco
    Options
    No Bake Oatmeal Cookies
    2 cups sugar
    1/2 cup 1% milk
    4 tbs cocoa
    1 tsp vanilla
    3 cups oats (quick)
    1 stick butter or 1/2 cup margarine
    1 cup peanut butter

In heavy sauce pan, melt butter, then add sugar and milk. Bring to boil and when it comes to foaming boil continue boiling for a minute and a half. Stirring continuously. After boiling remove from heat and add vanilla, then peanut butter, stirring until melted. Then gradually add oatmeal till mixed completely. Spoon drop on waxed paper or aluminum foil to cool. And eat.

I made these yesterday with 1% milk, natural peanut butter and omitted the cocoa and they were delicious! The trick is to make sure you boil the sugar for a full minute and a half after its foaming. If they dont set up right you can throw them in the oven and bake them for a couple of minutes. My calorie count was 114 per cookie.

Here's another easy recipe for peanut butter cookies.

1 cup of sugar
    1 cup peanut butter
    1 egg

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients till smooth. Spoon drop batter on cookie sheet. Can mash the tops with fork to make them pretty. Take them out when the edges are brown usually around 7 or 8 minutes. They are gooey and so good! Makes 1 dozen. I dont know the calorie stats on these, sorry.

I hope these help, Merry Christmas!
  • codycisco
    Options
    Oh yeah, on the peanut butter cookies. You can add a Herseys kiss to the center of them when they come out of the oven to make them extra special.
  • djames92
    Options
    thank you!!
  • kwmarissa
    kwmarissa Posts: 34 Member
    Options
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Oreo truffles! Not really cookies but oh so delicious!
  • djames92
    Options
    that sounds amazing!!
  • lynn14
    lynn14 Posts: 116
    Options
    Think it is great you want to help with cookies!! Bake classics...they always make people smile!
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    For chocolate lovers: Puddle Cookies. Pretty easy to make!

Sift 4 cups confectioner's sugar & a litttle bit over 1/2 cup cocoa power into a bowl

Stir in a bag of mini chocolate chips

Add 4 egg whites

& then 1 tbsp vanilla extract

Combine WELL. Place on PARCHMENT PAPER (different than wax paper) & bake at 360 until you see the tops of the cookies becoming glossy & kind of crackled. Leave lots of room between each cookie, as they tend to spread out.

The end result: http://www.101cookbooks.com/mt-static/images/food/chocolate_puddle_cookies_2.jpg
  • djames92
    Options
    Think it is great you want to help with cookies!! Bake classics...they always make people smile!
    i was thinking about making classic sugar cookies and cutting them into trees and candy canes and other christmasy things
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options

Oh wow, that really does sound amazing :love: I'm also thinking about baking something for Christmas, might just do these :laugh:
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Snickerdoodles. Best cookies ever.....

I just did snickerdoodles, sugar cookies, toffee chocolate chip, and white chocolate chip pecan cookies.

I'm going to try red velvet cookies with white chocolate chips.
    Easy recipe! http://www.duncanhines.com/recipes/cookies-bars/mommy2angels/red-velvet-cookies/
  • laughingdani
    Options
    Here's the recipe....you know....just incase....

What You Need:

36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed, divided

1pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened

16oz. BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted

Make It:

RESERVE 1/4 cup cookie crumbs. Mix cream cheese and remaining cookie crumbs until blended.

SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Dip in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.

REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.

**Note: I would refrigerate the balls (that sounds so wrong lol) before dipping in the chocolate. So they don't fall apart.
  • tinak33
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/saltine-toffee-cookies/

Saltine Toffee Cookies..... :love: :love: :love:

My mom made these and I'm pretty sure I experienced heaven when I ate one.....
    Plus they are easy to make!!

Classic cutouts are fun to decorate!
    Chocolate chip cookies are classic and a major crowd pleaser as well. :smile:
  • tinak33
    Options
    Here's the recipe....you know....just incase....

What You Need:

36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed, divided

1pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened

16oz. BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted

Make It:

RESERVE 1/4 cup cookie crumbs. Mix cream cheese and remaining cookie crumbs until blended.

SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Dip in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.

REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.

**Note: I would refrigerate the balls (that sounds so wrong lol) before dipping in the chocolate. So they don't fall apart.

I"m sooo going to make these.....
    Do you use all of the oreo when crushing them? Or just the cookie part? What about the creme part?
  • laughingdani
    Options
    You use it all.

They will look like this....

oreo-truffles.jpg

I've had them with white choc and milk dark choc coating. It didn't really make a difference to me. They were both good!
  • djames92
    Options
    started with no idea what to make now i want to make all of these things and cant pick!!!
    first world problems lol
  • djames92
    Options
    You use it all.

They will look like this....

oreo-truffles.jpg

I've had them with white choc and milk dark choc coating. It didn't really make a difference to me. They were both good!
    looks like heaven
  • laughingdani
    Options
    Solution:

We have a MFP baking party and we bake all the things!

28804021.jpg

I just randomly found this image. Thank you internet. lol
  • bpreteroti
    Options
    bump for later!