I don't know if my boyfriend is 'the one'?

Options

Replies

• the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Where's that iceberg pic from that other thread. It's appropriate here.

JM
  • HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    If you 'don't know' then he's not. It's as simple as that Got married to someone I 'thought' was the one after several years of dating. A messy divorce later, I did meet 'the one' and we both knew immediately.
  • amber1533
    amber1533 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Guys don't typically express that you are their "soul mate" or "the one" until they are ready. I'm sure you were expecting some amazingly romantic response to what you said but let's face it.. life isn't like the movies. Don't think too much about it.

this, me and my husband have been married for 4 years and he still doesn't just say he loves me without me saying it first, But I learned that it's not because he doesn't its because he just doesn't think about it like we do. We are wired differently then men.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I do think guys express it when they feel it. I have two "the ones" and neither were shy about saying so.
  • nayers86
    Options
    Don't push men and don't force them into committing to you in a life long sort of way. When they're ready they're ready. If he enjoys time with you, enjoy time with him. Don't put all of your eggs in the basket as soon as you think you're ready to make the jump. You're overthinking and overreacting...he's obviously committed to you so enjoy what you have and let it take it's own path. If you're asking yourself if he is the one, maybe he isn't. If you really knew do you think you would have to ask??
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    lets-break-up.gif \m/
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Just break up..

so original.
  • If you have to second guess yourself, then maybe YOU don't want to be with him. Or maybe youre finding an excuse to end it. This is about fitness, Quit wasting people's time.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    TOPIC: I don't know if my boyfriend is 'the one'?

Neither do we.

this is just so like totally unsupportive and like we are all here for the same reason and that is to support journies and journals and stuff and get support and stuff
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    18551590.jpg
  • shayyyface
    Options
    If you have to second guess yourself, then maybe YOU don't want to be with him. Or maybe youre finding an excuse to end it. This is about fitness, Quit wasting people's time.
    you are definitely in the wrong section dude.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options

Neither do we.

this is just so like totally unsupportive and like we are all here for the same reason and that is to support journies and journals and stuff and get support and stuff

*journeys

He's just not that into you
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    This is such a chick thread.

I'm going to go have a beer, make a sandwich, and watch some sports now.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

Neither do we.

*journeys

you say tomato I say death box
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    ditch him! hook up with his dad!
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    18551590.jpg

What makes this even more epic, is your current profile picture :flowerforyou:
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    My fiance said to me he knew about 2 years ago that I was his "the one". We got together in 2005. Bought a house in 2007. In 2010 he finally clicked, got engaged in 2011 and getting married next Feb.

Sometimes they're a bit slow, bless them.

I giggled at this. Off topic, but my bf and I celebrate 10 years together tomorrow. He knows I am the one, but no ring yet! :laugh:
  • StaceyJ2008
    StaceyJ2008 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Maybe he really just doesn't want to think that deeply about it. If you two enjoy spending time together then thats all that matters. Don't over analyze everything he says or doesn't say.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

Neither do we.

*journeys

that
    But he still wants to hit it.
  • lokooe
    Options
    One Word "Patience."