cookies!

Options

Replies

• djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Solution:

We have a MFP baking party and we bake all the things!

28804021.jpg

I just randomly found this image. Thank you internet. lol
    love this!
  • Cuna77
    Cuna77 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • traceyfunk
    Options
    bump!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    i told my family that id make cookies for christmas what kind should i make???? dont really give a damn about healthy for christmas

Best Christmas cookies:

iced sugar cookies cut into x-mas trees with red/green sprinkles
    peanut butter cookies with Hersey's kiss on top
    and ...those little tiny butter cookies that are rolled in powdered sugar right out of the oven and just melt in your mouth and often include pecans but since I don't like pecans I leave those out

Those three are the best, IMO.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Snickerdoodles. Best cookies ever.....

I just did snickerdoodles, sugar cookies, toffee chocolate chip, and white chocolate chip pecan cookies.

I'm going to try red velvet cookies with white chocolate chips.
    Easy recipe! http://www.duncanhines.com/recipes/cookies-bars/mommy2angels/red-velvet-cookies/

Oh crap! And these too. Snickerdoodles are the 4th best!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Thumbprints are a must! :tongue:
  • kureiko
    kureiko Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    There are some really delicious ideas in this thread (snickerdoodles, mmmm). I am personally baking all the cookies tonight! Well, really just peanut butter blossoms & sugar cookies but it counts! :P
  • djames92
    Options
    could you cut out snickerdoodles?
  • Ghkffb56
    Ghkffb56 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    ugh any cookies will do !!! one does not simply resist cookies! >:D!
  • djames92
    Options
    ugh any cookies will do !!! one does not simply resist cookies! >:D!
    very true!
  • bkwhit1964
    Options
    bump for later
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Original Nestle Toll House Cookies!! christmas isn't complete without 'em!!

http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/18476/Original-NESTLÉ-TOLL-HOUSE-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies/detail.aspx
  • catelabow
    catelabow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I just made snickerdoodles tonight! Giving them to a friend for a party, I've only eaten two. They're easy. I wouldn't try rolling and cutting them out, though. If you really want to cut out sugar cookies, go for it! I always get bored of that before I finish.
  • kspecks
    Options
    You could always bake standard chocolate chip cookies, but use the combo mint/regular chocolate chips instead of just regular ones to give it a little holiday pizzaz :) The recipe on the Nestle Tollhouse package, minus the nuts, is my family's go-to recipe! (we also usually substitute baking Crisco for butter, but that's all your decision).

Alternatively, you can "bake" the one of the easiest holiday treats--not quite cookies, but close--and they look delicious as well. Place a bunch of those square pretzels (you know, the ones with the criss-cross pattern that sort of look like windows) on a cookie sheet. Place a Rolo candy on top of each pretzel. Put them in the oven at 350 for two minutes, then press a pecan into the top of each Rolo (they should be all melty and easily smush-able). Let the chocolate cool and set, and enjoy!
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Oreo truffles! Not really cookies but oh so delicious!

My niece just made these and we tried for the first time...yummmmm
  • Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Snickerdoodles!

If you want easy and out of a box, Betty Crocker Pumpkin ones are suppperrr good and also kind of festive.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Yes. I will be making these for Christmas. Thank you!
    Here's the recipe....you know....just incase....

What You Need:

36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed, divided

1pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened

16oz. BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted

Make It:

RESERVE 1/4 cup cookie crumbs. Mix cream cheese and remaining cookie crumbs until blended.

SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Dip in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.

REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.

**Note: I would refrigerate the balls (that sounds so wrong lol) before dipping in the chocolate. So they don't fall apart.
  • djames92
    Options
    found a recipe for snickerdoodle bars! might not even go with a cookie so many choices!!
  • Ghkffb56
    Ghkffb56 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    lol sorry im a cookie loveer, i think about cookies pretty much all the time... hence my name.. but.. i was just on pinterest and im pretty sure you need to make Red Velvet Cheesecake Cookies..yuuuuup... Fam would def like them!! anyone would..
  • djames92
    Options
    lol sorry im a cookie love i think about cookies pretty much all the time... hence my name.. but.. i was just on pinterest and im pretty sure you need to make Red Velvet Cheesecake Cookies..yuuuuup... Fam would def like them!! anyone would..
    ill google a recipe !! those sound heavenly