How Many Miles Do You Run A Day/Week?

Options

Replies

• mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    1.5-2 miles about 4 times a week. Doing interval training.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I run three times a week, usually between 10-15 miles a week.

I normally hate the cold, but I like running in the cold better than in the heat.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Not running as much because of the weather, but usually 3-5 miles 3x/week and a long run 18-12 miles 1x/week
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I try for 3 or 4 times a week. Anywhere from 3-5 on the treadmill twice a week and anywhere from 4-8 on the weekends..
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    My base is around 55 miles per week. Marathon training maxes out in the low 80s per week.

Right now, coming back from some ITBS, I'm at more like 10 miles for this week, but it's going to be cranked back up here soon.
  • brianfmatthews
    brianfmatthews Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I run 20 -25 miles a week, four days a week. I run two easy runs (3 m each), a speed or tempo workout (6 mi), and a long run (11 mi) on Saturdays.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I *try* to run 3-4 times a week. Life has been getting in the way of that lately, but I'll get back to that frequency soon!

I usually run 2-3 miles at a time. So, I guess I average 8-12 miles a week? It's not stellar, but it's way better than how much I was running last year, which was 0 miles a week :laugh:
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I run 5-6 miles 3 times a week and aim to do an 8-10 mile run on the weekend...
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I try to run 20-25 miles a week when I'm prepping for a half marathon. RIght now, with it being my "off season", I'm only running about 15-16 miles a week. Usually two 4-41/2 milers and a 6-8 miler for the weekend. Just to keep the lungs and legs in line! LOL
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am on week 3 of couch to 5K - I run/walk 9 - 12 miles/week. I had bad knees before and I am really taking it easy so as not to mess them up. I never ran before and I love it!
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I used to get 20+ miles a week. I just finally started running again after almost a year of not due to injury and I am at about 6 miles a week.
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    30-35 mpw right now, trying to build up to 50-55 mpw -- my biggest challenge is the long run, I like run them with company, but I like to do them at a certain pace.. hard to combine that.
  • ATclassof2021
    ATclassof2021 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Shoot for 125-150 a month :-)

On DL this week....damn Knee
  • timboom1
    timboom1 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I run 5-6 days a week, each day is different mileage, but when not training I am at ~50 miles per week, when training the average is closer to 65 per week.
  • mnstrpc
    mnstrpc Posts: 109
    Options
    Average 20-25 miles a week, run 4-5 days per week with all but one of those being in the 3-4 mile range and then on either Saturday or Sunday I do a long run, aiming to keep it around 9-10 miles over the winter. Did my first half marathon this past October and I'd like to do another half next year. Eventually I'll do a full but I work FT and also have two small kids (4 1/2 and 2 1/2) and truthfully it's partly about the balance of time I have on the weekend to workout vs. spend time with my kids. :) I definitely want to start trying some trail running, and planning to get up to at least 15-16 miles on my long runs over this coming spring/summer.

I don't do treadmills. Makes me feel like a hamster on a wheel and oddly enough it's also actually worse on my knees (too bouncy for me, maybe? I don't know).
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    3.5 mi runs, 3x/wk

Steadily gaining more distance, though, even through the winter.
  • mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I run 4-5 days a week, at least 2.5 miles each run. It depends how I feel each day or if its group PT (I'm military) and what they determine the run course to be. My longest route is 5 miles though.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Currently, 27 - 34 miles per week. :)
  • Noonoo757
    Noonoo757 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    It ranges from about 2-4 a day 4 times a week. I used to run everyday but now im also doing some Insanity so I had to cut back.
  • brandee777
    Options
    Just curious... At what speed are you all running/jogging at? I have no clue if I could run/jog with an experienced person or not? I do know that I love it! In the gym or outside! ;0)