Is Peanut Butter holding me back?

Options

Replies

• RikkiDominey
    RikkiDominey Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have a banana and peanut butter sandwich every morning and I think its keeping my weight loss at a stand-still, its the only thing I can think of that might be having an effect, although I thought peanut butter was healthy. Usually one whole banana on one piece of whole wheat and 6tablespoons of peanutbutter or more, sometimes with a little honey.

the rest of my diet is clean so I think that im underestimating the calories of this morning snack.

6 tbls!!! WOW, now I am a person that truly loves pb in a till death do us part type of way, but that is a thick a** sandwich! Maybe try cutting back a few tbls or even try PB2 it's more than half the calories.
  • jharb2
    jharb2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Come on, can't you answer that for yourself? I don't know what your daily calorie limit is, but clearly you are eating half that at least at breakfast. Its your choice how you spend your calories. Doesn't matter if its peanut butter or salad for breakfast .
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    6 tablespoons is 1/3 cup. Add to that a banana and honey. How do you get that all on 1 piece of bread? Do you eat that with a fork?
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    600 calories just in peanut butter...ugh! I eat that much in 3 meals

Then add in the banana and bread, you just ate almost an entire days worth of food in one meal.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Maybe the OP means teaspoons...so 6 t = 2 T = 1 serving.

No, the OP said tablespoons.

That's a LOT of PB. I love the stuff but I don't even eat that much in one day.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter if it's peanut butter or ham or marshmallows or vodka... if you're eating at a caloric deficit, you're okay. If you're still not losing, maybe it's time to look over your diary.

14si820.jpg

WHOA!!!! I want some!!!!!
  • ajoakland83
    Options
    I had to cut back a lot on my peanut butter as well. I acutally get the Peter Pan Whipped Creamy PB now - it has 1/3 less sugar than the normal product. It's whipped too so you aren't getting quite as much as a spoonful of the regular. It's 150 calories in 2tbsp. It tastes just the same though. I switched my whole family over:)
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is my reason for living. It could never Do anything bad.

I also eat pb2 several times a day. Try mixing one or two servings of it with 1/3 TBS of natural PB. It makes it taste pretty much identical to PB IMO, also you get some good fat then but it stretches it a whole lot for less cals. Very important to PB addicts like me.
  • SStrauss79
    SStrauss79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Depending on what kind of peanut butter it could be so. Banana's are probably a bigger culprit. I used to have between 1 and 2 banana's a day and experienced the same problem. I cut them out and the weight loss is coming along again.
  • shanmackie
    shanmackie Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    ONE tablespoon. get natural & salt free. the only ingredient really should be peanuts. only use two if it's a peanut butter and peanut butter sandwich. you should only need to put peanut butter on one side.
  • Dsmcgrail
    Options
    Is that PB2 any good?

Not to me. Rather eat real and just eat less of it.

this

plus it's expensive

Really?!! You people don't like the PB2?!! I love it and tell everyone about it! I eat it on sandwiches, on apples, toast, celery, whatever! I love peanut butter but I can have 2x the pb2 for LESS calories than one serving of regular!

Try it at least once if you have not yet. My only thing is you might have to play with the suggested water to add to get to a consistency you prefer.
  • SStrauss79
    SStrauss79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is my reason for living. It could never Do anything bad.

I also eat pb2 several times a day. Try mixing one or two servings of it with 1/3 TBS of natural PB. It makes it taste pretty much identical to PB IMO, also you get some good fat then but it stretches it a whole lot for less cals. Very important to PB addicts like me.

I also use PB2 vs regualr peanut butter. Sometimes I will do natural PB from Trader Joe's because it is strictly peanuts but PB2 is so much better than that even.

Also, if you do any kind of protein shake PB2 is great to put in there.
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Why not try eating something else for breakfast, for variety if nothing else? If you think PB's a problem make it a treat for once or twice a week, not an every day habit.
  • jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options
    Is that PB2 any good?

this

plus it's expensive

I just use PB2 for mixing in smoothies and shakes.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Is that PB2 any good?

this

plus it's expensive

Really?!! You people don't like the PB2?!! I love it and tell everyone about it! I eat it on sandwiches, on apples, toast, celery, whatever! I love peanut butter but I can have 2x the pb2 for LESS calories than one serving of regular!

Try it at least once if you have not yet. My only thing is you might have to play with the suggested water to add to get to a consistency you prefer.

I've never tried it. I can't bring myself to justify the cost when I can get a big, fat jar of store brand peanut butter for less then $2 and it lasts for a couple of months.
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    I eat peanut butter on a regular basis but I only eat one tablespoon 90 calories plus one table spoon is enough. And I have tried the fake horrible
  • JudySwims
    JudySwims Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I would also use Sprouted Wheat Bread. Super yummy and filling!!!
  • kdub67
    kdub67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Holy cow...6 tablespoons! I eat peanut butter sandwiches all the time but only put the recommended serving size, 2 tablespoons on it. I love peanut butter and this is more than enough (and already 190 calories, to boot). Try using 2T and see what happens.
  • Mrsmartin61
    Options
    Just reading this post reminded me that I had a jar under the cabinet here at work! Mmmmm! Hit the spot! Two heaping teaspoons and I m full. I give the parrot his share too and we are good !
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Maybe the OP means teaspoons...so 6 t = 2 T = 1 serving.

No, the OP said tablespoons.

That's a LOT of PB. I love the stuff but I don't even eat that much in one day.

I know they said tablespoons, but maybe people are incredulous because it was a typo/mistake.
    or troll...