Victoria Secret Model Legs

Options
Aside from Starving and not being 6 ft tall what's the best way to achieve awesome lean tones legs and butt?? I have been struggling in this area for a long time and I'm tired of it....thanks for the input!

Replies

• TKRV
    TKRV Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I've been reading The New Rules of Lifting for Women, and from what I understand you will need to have specific genetics to achieve those legs. You can change the size of your muscles but not the shape.

For example, my legs are big and muscular as opposed to slender. No matter how much I work out, they will not look slender because my body just isn't made that way.

I could starve myself and I would not lose a single pant size due to my hip bones and the genetic make up of my legs. That's just life.

If you want encouragement, though, I suggest your learn to love your own beautiful legs. They are uniquely yours and you should have no reason to strive to have a copy of someone else's.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Aside from Starving and not being 6 ft tall what's the best way to achieve awesome lean tones legs and butt?? I have been struggling in this area for a long time and I'm tired of it....thanks for the input!

To say that the models starve themselves is a stereotype, a lot of the Victoria Secret models don't. As someone above suggested, look into heavy lifting. Other than that, you are just going to have to keep losing fat, you cannot spot reduce.
  • AtlasHoldsWorlds
    Options
    Squats

/thread
  • wildcelticrose
    wildcelticrose Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    running leans my legs out and cycling gives them awesome tone and shape (and lifts the butt)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    deadlift
    squat
    lunge
    run
    stretch
    repeat
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    deadlift
    squat
    lunge
    run
    stretch
    repeat

^^This
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Figure out what J. Lo did and do that.

If you ever saw Jennifer Lopez as a fly girl on In Living Color or saw her legs in the movie Money Train you would think she had a leg transplant. Since that is unreasonable it must have been A LOT of hard work :happy:
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    deadlift
    squat
    lunge
    run
    stretch
    repeat

^^This

Bingo.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    50% genetics, 50% hard work.
  • yoovie
    Options

Id like to thank my parents for being sexy as hell.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options

Id like to thank my parents for being sexy as hell.

As would us men! :drinker:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    deadlift
    squat
    lunge
    run
    stretch
    repeat

^^This

Bingo.

Thirded. Add hill sprints, too.

eta: ^4? Mathz is hard.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Squats

/thread

winner
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Don't you think that's perhaps an unrealistic goal?

"I want legs like someone who I saw working a job who was specifically hired because her legs look like that"
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Figure out what J. Lo did and do that.

If you ever saw Jennifer Lopez as a fly girl on In Living Color or saw her legs in the movie Money Train you would think she had a leg transplant. Since that is unreasonable it must have been A LOT of hard work :happy:

A lot of post-editing will also do that.
  • rworthman
    Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Callanetics these excersizes can be easy or altered for more difficulty, but they lengthen muscles instead of bulking up.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    deadlift
    squat
    lunge
    run
    stretch
    repeat

this + proper eating.
  • yoovie
    Options
    deadlift
    squat
    lunge
    run
    stretch
    repeat

^^This

Bingo.

Thirded. Add hill sprints, too.

^ yes - specifically Bay Ridge Brooklyn hills. the one at Owl's Head Park -shakes noggin- OUCHIES -looks down at legs- *does NOT complain*

l950959152.jpg
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Strive for about 12% body fat.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Callanetics these excersizes can be easy or altered for more difficulty, but they lengthen muscles instead of bulking up.

The length of your muscles is defined by the attachment to your skeletal system on either end. There is no way to lengthen muscles without changing bone structure.