Spaghetti Squash Pizza Bake --- Amazing.

Options
bcf7683
bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
So I was wondering around on Emilybites.com yesterday (amazing recipes) and I found a recipe for Pizza Spaghetti Bake. Looked good, but I didn't want all the carbs, so I thought I'd replace the spaghetti with spaghetti squash....it turned out AWESOME!

Spaghetti Squash Pizza Bake

14oz cooked spaghetti squash
2/3c skim milk
1/2T garlic powder
1 1/2t oregano (I didn't have any, used parsley instead, still came out good)
1c reduced fat mozzarella cheese
30oz spaghetti sauce
2oz turkey pepperoni, thinly sliced
2 large egg whites
1 large egg

Preheat oven to 400. Mix the eggs until frothy, add in milk, garlic powder, oregano, and 1/3c of the cheese and stir until combined (I added in some dried onion for flavor as well). Add spaghetti squash to the mix and coat. Put squash/egg mix into a cooking spray coated 9x13 baking dish and bake for 15 minutes. While that's cooking, slice the pepperoni. I also sliced up some green pepper, mushrooms, and onion for added flavor. Once you take the dish out of the oven, reduce heat to 350. Top cooked squash/egg mix with sliced veggies if using, then pour the sauce over the entire dish. Top with remaining cheese, and sprinkle pepperoni over the top. Return to oven for 25-30 minutes (I did 25 mins, and everything was cooked).

Nutrition: (serves 10)
Cals: 84, Carbs: 8, Fat: 3, Protein: 7, Sodium: 504, Sugar: 3 (Sodium, sugar, and carbs may fluctuate depending on the cheese, spaghetti sauce, and pepperoni used. I used Kraft 2% mozz cheese, WalMart Great Value all natural tomato sauce, and Armour turkey pepperoni)

My boyfriend (who hates health food) even said this one's a keeper (he said next time to add more pepperoni, so that's a thought...). But I consider it a score if he'll eat it!

Replies

• easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    What a clever idea!
  • xo_Sarah_xo
    xo_Sarah_xo Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • almostgoodbye99
    almostgoodbye99 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    This sounds great. I'm going to try it for Friday night pizza night! Thanks for sharing.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I wanna get your color baked. YUM

#bronzegodess
  • SouthernArt77
    SouthernArt77 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    We love spaghetti squash. This sounds good!
  • tangie82
    tangie82 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting!
  • azb9
    azb9 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Sounds fantastic. Definitely trying this one soon!
  • green022
    green022 Posts: 115
    Options
    Great !
  • justlistening
    justlistening Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I was wondering what to do with my spaghetti squash.
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to have to try this, sounds like something my kids will eat too!
  • jjj1988
    jjj1988 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    So I was wondering around on Emilybites.com yesterday (amazing recipes) and I found a recipe for Pizza Spaghetti Bake. Looked good, but I didn't want all the carbs, so I thought I'd replace the spaghetti with spaghetti squash....it turned out AWESOME!

Spaghetti Squash Pizza Bake

14oz cooked spaghetti squash
    2/3c skim milk
    1/2T garlic powder
    1 1/2t oregano (I didn't have any, used parsley instead, still came out good)
    1c reduced fat mozzarella cheese
    30oz spaghetti sauce
    2oz turkey pepperoni, thinly sliced
    2 large egg whites
    1 large egg

Preheat oven to 400. Mix the eggs until frothy, add in milk, garlic powder, oregano, and 1/3c of the cheese and stir until combined (I added in some dried onion for flavor as well). Add spaghetti squash to the mix and coat. Put squash/egg mix into a cooking spray coated 9x13 baking dish and bake for 15 minutes. While that's cooking, slice the pepperoni. I also sliced up some green pepper, mushrooms, and onion for added flavor. Once you take the dish out of the oven, reduce heat to 350. Top cooked squash/egg mix with sliced veggies if using, then pour the sauce over the entire dish. Top with remaining cheese, and sprinkle pepperoni over the top. Return to oven for 25-30 minutes (I did 25 mins, and everything was cooked).

Nutrition: (serves 10)
    Cals: 84, Carbs: 8, Fat: 3, Protein: 7, Sodium: 504, Sugar: 3 (Sodium, sugar, and carbs may fluctuate depending on the cheese, spaghetti sauce, and pepperoni used. I used Kraft 2% mozz cheese, WalMart Great Value all natural tomato sauce, and Armour turkey pepperoni)

My boyfriend (who hates health food) even said this one's a keeper (he said next time to add more pepperoni, so that's a thought...). But I consider it a score if he'll eat it!

Sounds tasty!
  • CanuckTracy
    CanuckTracy Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • sapphire318
    sapphire318 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options