suggest a good protein bar for me

Options

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I still have yet to ever see a Quest bar anywhere. And I gotta give the Pure Protein bars a thumbs down on taste. Just Eww. I will eat two cliff bars or two Zone Perfect bars instead. (Or like today, a Clif bar and a Zone Perfect)

They sell them individually at GNC.
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I looked for a long time to find a protein bar that was not a million calories. I was looking in the wrong place. I've been eating Greek yogurt for the past 4 or 5 weeks and love that I can get 12g of protein for 130 calories.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    i like the power bar protein plus. 23 g of protein and 300 cals

if you want all natural ingredients do the clif bars, not sure how much protien then have tho.

Someone mentioned jerky. thats low cal high protien but also very high sodium if that matters too you, and it probably should.
  • k1200s
    k1200s Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein Revolution Chocolate Peanut Caramel 50g
    For Diabetes watchers sugar 1g, Protein 20g, Calories 180
  • mustdothis40
    mustdothis40 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am a fan if the Luna protein bars. Started eating them while training for Half marathons because I wouldn't burp them up while running. Now I have half a bar before workouts and the other half after!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    ... Have you heard of Luna Bars? They are specifically designed for women ...

FVCK!!! I've been eating these. Nobody told me they were designed for women. I don't know what to do now........ but this may explain a few things.

HAHAHA! It says it on the package
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I still have yet to ever see a Quest bar anywhere. And I gotta give the Pure Protein bars a thumbs down on taste. Just Eww. I will eat two cliff bars or two Zone Perfect bars instead. (Or like today, a Clif bar and a Zone Perfect)

Thanks. No wonder I've never seen them. When I'm looking, it's usually at the grocery store. I'll bet Vitamin Shoppe has them too. Vitamin Shoppe tends to sell the same things as GNC but for a lower price. I'll keep looking. :smile:
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

FVCK!!! I've been eating these. Nobody told me they were designed for women. I don't know what to do now........ but this may explain a few things.

Read? Really? That sounds like something a chick would do.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Thanks. No wonder I've never seen them. When I'm looking, it's usually at the grocery store. I'll bet Vitamin Shoppe has them too. Vitamin Shoppe tends to sell the same things as GNC but for a lower price. I'll keep looking. :smile:

Vitamin Shoppe did not carry them last time I went to check.

ETA: Actually, picturing the logo in my head, that might have been vitamin world, or vitamin universe, planet, whatever. I don't know if Vitamin shoppe has them or not. I only know that GNC does have them individually, so I bought a couple to try the flavors, and now order them online.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    i've tried so many stupid protein bars and gagged them down cause they were gross. if walmart sells em,i've tried them..
    and you'd think the snickers one would taste good. hell mothaafluckkin no it doesnt.

i suggest, protein shakes.
  • YoungDoc2B
    Options

Hmm..I thought chicks wore flourescent green running sneakers. I've been doing it wrong!
  • sjohnny
    Options

Hmm..I thought chicks wore flourescent green running sneakers. I've been doing it wrong!

These are 13EEs. If they were chick shoes they would probably only be available in the tranny section.
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Bonkbreaker makes great all-natural protein bars. I've never seen them in stores though. I signed up to receive a Kona Kase and each month I get protein bars/shakes sent to my door for $15/month. My first kase had a Bonkbreaker bar in it and it was the PB&J one. It was really good.
  • YoungDoc2B
    Options

These are 13EEs. If they were chick shoes they would probably only be available in the tranny section.

How would you know? Been rendezvousing in the tranny section lately?
  • Foodie711711
    Foodie711711 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Quest bars. Best nutritional bang for your buck!
  • sjohnny
    Options

How would you know? Been rendezvousing in the tranny section lately?

I'll never tell :wink:
  • emily2tx
    Options
    I like Caveman Dark Chocolate Cherry Nut 190 cal, nut protein only, but paleo friendly and they taste good.
  • dreamchaser12
    dreamchaser12 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the Oh Yeah bars. :happy:

190 calories
    15g protein
  • AngelofMusic13
    AngelofMusic13 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My favourites are Zone Perfect (Graham Chocolate, Dark Chocolate Strawberry, and Double Chocolate are amazing), Quest Bars (Apple Pie, Strawberry Cheesecake, Cinnamon Roll... really I haven't tried one that I really didn't like), and Builder Bars (Chocolate, Mint Chocolate). I think the Quest Bars taste best warm though.

I'm not a huge fan of the Pure Protein Bars either. I think they taste taste too much like protein powder.
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    On the quest bars, you will notice a big consistency difference as they are more like laffy taffy than the "normal" protein bar. I also like Applie Pie, Strawberry Cheesecake and Cinamon Roll. I plan to try mixed berry as well. I didn't care for the chocolate brownie but that's me. To make them all better, I microwave them for 10 seconds. It softens them up a bit and warm apple pie and cinnamon rolls are better anyway, lol.

I recently found the Oh Yeah trail mix bar. It's likes raisins, peanuts and M&ms held together with a caramel peanut butter and whey protein, lol.

There are lots of others that I like such as Kind Dark Chocolate Cherry Cashew; Kind Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Pecan, Special K Protein Meal Bar (chocolatey chip and chocolatety peanut butter) - note not the snack ones; Rickland Orchards or Farms greek yogurt bars - cherri and blueberry especially; Supreme Protein Peanut Butter & Jelly and so many others. I probably average 3 a day during the week (makes a hectic work schedule more manageable).