Lose 15 pounds by New Year?

Options
13»

Replies

• PurrfumeGIrl
    PurrfumeGIrl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just read about Anne Hathaway and her role in Les Miserables. She lost 25lbs. 15 of it within a 2 week time period barely surviving on two square of oatmeal paste (WTH that is). I'd love to lose 14lb myself but not at the risk of my health. She admits how unhealthy it was on her, she wasn't able to focus or sleep and it took her weeks to recover. That doesn't sound healthy to me.
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Sure it can be done through extreme measures or under doctor supervision, but it's not healthy in most cases.

Good luck regardless.
  • dirtybadgermtb
    dirtybadgermtb Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    For your sake, I hope that you don't filter all of the comments that day "no way" and favor the ones that say that you can do it. It isn't worth it. Trying to do this is insane. And what if you loose say, 5 lbs instead of 15? Are you going to be devastated?

I just don't want to see you set yourself up for failure.
  • Chlo92x
    Chlo92x Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am aiming to loose 4lb by new year... I will be a happy bunny if I loose any more!! :D
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Would only be able to do that if I stopped eating, aint gonna happen. sorry girly. That doesn't seem too healthy to me. I'm doing between ounces and 1 lb per week.
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Considering the OP has never replied, I smell a Troll....
  • Mimi0726
    Options
    I'm in a LCHF diet and have lost 21 pounds so far in the 2 months that I've been on it. I eat on average 1300 calories a day, no more that 20 carbs and drink a lot of water.

I doubt I can loose 15 pounds by new years but you can try it if you want. I'm happy if I lose 5
  • Hadunka
    Hadunka Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Please, don´t do it. This is really nonsense. 5 pounds maybe but there is Christmas time...
  • sokkache
    sokkache Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'll join in with you. Although I think it's pretty much impossible for me because I play sports and go to the gym, I still need a little extra push. I'm guessing I would be lucky with ten pounds, but I am going to opt for 8 pounds by New Years at least. I guess that means either a lot of running, or not eating. And I want to eat!
  • trainingdirty
    trainingdirty Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    thanks to everyone who's supportive! x

for those who don't believe i can do it healthily, just watch [:

i'll post my update January 1st!
  • soulfulsally
    Options
    15 lbs in 2.5 weeks isn't realistic. You want success, not disappointment.
  • lupo316
    Options
    thanks to everyone who's supportive! x

for those who don't believe i can do it healthily, just watch [:

i'll post my update January 1st!

Looking forward to it, as long as you promise to post your bounce-back weight gain by June of 2013. :)
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    That's gonna be tough! But, best of luck :flowerforyou:
  • trainingdirty
    trainingdirty Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    there won't be a bounce-back, but i'll be glad to update then as well! [;
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Sorry, but that attitude is exactly what makes most diets fail. Instead of believing you're the special one that can beat the system and keep off a ridiculously fast weight loss, why not start with a plan that has a chance of success? It's pretty nice to believe we can do anything we want if we just try hard enough, but then we grow up. We have to accept the boundaries of the world around us and plan to be successful despite those boundaries, not just pretend they don't exist.

And the reality is, doing diets like this is not only pointless, you actually end up worse than you started- with a slightly higher BF% each time, because you waste muscle and regain weight without regaining much of the muscle loss. You literally get fatter every time you cycle through a yo-yo diet, even if you end up the same weight.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

Sorry, but that attitude is exactly what makes most diets fail. Instead of believing you're the special one that can beat the system and keep off a ridiculously fast weight loss, why not start with a plan that has a chance of success? It's pretty nice to believe we can do anything we want if we just try hard enough, but then we grow up. We have to accept the boundaries of the world around us and plan to be successful despite those boundaries, not just pretend they don't exist.

And the reality is, doing diets like this is not only pointless, you actually end up worse than you started- with a slightly higher BF% each time, because you waste muscle and regain weight without regaining much of the muscle loss. You literally get fatter every time you cycle through a yo-yo diet, even if you end up the same weight.

Exactly this.

And then when you finally end up at your goal weight, you still won't be happy with the results. So you have to cut more, lose more muscle, still not happy. See where were going here?
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options

I can attest to this, from personal experience. Trust me, it is NOT worth it. One step forward (temporarily) and two very-hard-to-lose steps back!!!