How Many Miles Do You Run A Day/Week?

Options

Replies

• atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    A 5K-4 miles is all I can seem to manage at the gym because it's so damn boring. I normally just focus on speed on the days the weather forces me inside. My outdoor runs are rarely less then 5 miles, normally I do an 8 mile loop occasionally adding an extra 2-4 miles to this on a days I have a time for an endurance run. I guess in a typical week I run at least 30 miles.

I can't run at the gym. Treadmills bore me. I need outside. I just hate the cold weather.

You'll like the cold weather running a LOT better if you have the right gear. I can't say that I love running when it's wintertime but it sure does feel good when you're out there running while everyone else (it seems) is sitting on the couch and putting on "winter weight". It's my way to combat the inevitable extra calories I'm going to eat during the holidays.
  • Weathers58
    Weathers58 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    maintenance around 20

training (marathon) 40-50

training ultra over 80

a week
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I average 16 miles a week.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    5k 3-4 times a week and I'm working on the 5k to 10k bridge and I plan on doing that 3 times a week when I'm done.
  • squirrelythegreat
    squirrelythegreat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    3-10 miles a day. 5-7 days a week depending on how things go. 25-30 miles a week probably.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I used to run a lot but since I started doing more weights and less cardio it's down to only once a week for 6 miles. Every once in a while there may be another 2 miles thrown in on another day in the form of intervals.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I run a different amount every day but generally around 70 to 80 per week.

that made my jaw drop. you are AWESOME
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Just curious... At what speed are you all running/jogging at? I have no clue if I could run/jog with an experienced person or not? I do know that I love it! In the gym or outside! ;0)

85% of the mileage is at easy run pace, which ranges from 8:45 to 10:00 per mile. Most of the time it's in the 9:15 range. The other 15% of the running can be anywhere between 6:00 and 8:45 per mile.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Just curious... At what speed are you all running/jogging at? I have no clue if I could run/jog with an experienced person or not? I do know that I love it! In the gym or outside! ;0)

85% of the mileage is at easy run pace, which ranges from 8:45 to 10:00 per mile. Most of the time it's in the 9:15 range. The other 15% of the running can be anywhere between 6:00 and 8:45 per mile.
    My training paces are similar. I used to try and run faster all the time but after a year found that it tired me out too much, inhibited recovery, and stalled progress. Now for easy runs I use a HRM and stay at or under 70% heart rate reserve. Several times a week I run with a training group and can range anywhere from 9:30 to 11:00 min per mi.
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I can range from 25-35 miles per week depending on the week and my schedule. Two morning runs during the week averaging about 5 miles each; a lunch run (to destress and get out of the office) 3-4 miles, and then a long run on Sunday which can be anywhere from 6-10.
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I run about 50 miles per week, as I'm usually training for something. I'm trying to slowly build my mileage up though. Most of my runs are at an easy pace. I rarely do speed days unless I'm doing a shorter race, or I throw in a few faster miles into my long runs.
  • mnstrpc
    mnstrpc Posts: 109
    Options
    My average pace on shorter runs is around 9-9:15 min/miles. For long runs, anywhere from 9:30-10:30 depending on how hilly the course and how I'm feeling that day.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    3 days a week, anywhere from 3 to 10 miles at a time, though typically my weekly total is under 15 miles. I'm hoping to add a 4th day of running to the mix and do 15 to 17 miles a week. I run pretty slowly though. Around 11 minute mile for my short runs and around 13 for the super long ones. Medium around 12.
  • kmorganlfc
    kmorganlfc Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Between 15 and 30 miles plus one circuit training session.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing about 25 miles a week. One day is a slow longer run (Currently 8 miles), 2 days are just medium speed longer runs (6 -7 miles) that don't feel too hard, and one 5 mile day at a medium fast pace or intervals.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I've been averaging high 20s to mid 30s for the last several weeks but I'm training for a marathon so that mileage will increase as my long runs get longer.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Generally I run 6 or 7 day a week for 45 - 50 miles.

weekdays are usually ~ an hour = 6 to 8 miles

long run is usually ~ 15 unless I'm ramping up for marathon training
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not alone in my hatred of the treadmill. It's legit like OMG IVE BEEN ON HERE FOR HOURS and I look at my timer and it's been like 8 minutes hahaha and then outside I'm like I've only been out here for like 15 minutes and I discovered like an hour and 15 minuets has passed haha. I normally stick to a pretty standard route sometimes switching up which direction I go, you'd think it would get boring but it really doesn't.
  • timboom1
    timboom1 Posts: 762 Member
    Options

Most of my miles are easy, which could be anywhere between 9:00 and 10:30 min/mile depending on the day and distance, probably averages closer to 9:45. 15-20% are 8:00 - 8:40 but they are very specific training runs. If I am faster than that it is either because I am doing VO2 max intervals, running a 5k or I went out too fast in some other race (oops.)
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    When the weather is good, up to 15. With the weather bad I plan to at least get my 5 mile run in, so that way I don't loose the ability to run that far.