How many times do you do it each week?

Options

Replies

• Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Lately it's been every day, but as soon as my weekends free up, I'll be prepping & cooking as much as I can in one day so we can both "grab & go" with my own fast food (home cooked, preportioned out & SUPER healthy!).

My Husband is away from home during the week, but I send him off with healthy snacks & ready made home-cooked food for his bfast, lunch & dinner, I work full time, take care of our house, 4 cats & I HAVE to make my own food as I have allergies.

It helps I enjoy playing in the kitchen, coming up with new versions of healthy staples :smile:
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Unless I have leftovers, I cook every night. I also cook lunch everyday, and occasionally breakfast is cooked as well :).
  • ruckerbenton
    Options
    We cook in 5 to 6 times a week. I don't do fast food and eating out gets expensive. We eat lunch in most days. Breakfast varies. Sometimes I'll make something, sometimes we just skip. I have a real hard time managing my calories when eating out. I love to do it but find it hard to stick to my food plan when we do.
  • DLSlim
    DLSlim Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I feel so bad for my boyfriend. I only cook for myself because I eat dinner around 10pm and he doesn't come home until 2am!
  • ScarlettDam
    ScarlettDam Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That depends are you talking about a hot meal or are cold aloud too?

My husband and I make a large salad every night. Often he'll make a fish or grilled chicken to go with it.
    Since I don't eat pasta, rice, potatoes, white bread or processed foods we never make the above.

We did try to make a stir-fry a few months ago but after a few failed attempts we went back to salad.

Scarlett
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Every night. Unless we decide to order something.
  • 6Penguins6
    Options
    Every night for us - we generally split the cooking though, whoever has had the hardest/longest day gets to relax on the sofa!
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    4-6 times a week. The other times is either leftovers or our dinner date night (Thursdays).

I am up at 4:45am, leave the house at 6:00 & return home between 6:15-6:30 each night so the crock pot & George Foreman grill are my best friends! My fiance works construction & is home by 5:00 so by the time he waits another hour & half for me to get home, he's STARVING! Crock pot & George help me fix dinner ALOT!
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options
    I cook my own breakfast and lunch 7 days a week (I work from home so easy to do).

My wife and I cook dinner 5-6 nights a week depending on night activities with my 3 year old (gymnastics, soccer, etc). We NEVER eat fast food. If we go out, its usually to a local mom and pop or to something like Bonefish grill (great food and small portions).

Once a week, my daughter asks for ice cream from the "french fry store"---so that is tough for me. I try to limit myself to only 1 ice cream from the golden arches once a month (170 cals).

Cooking is easy, folks who say they do not know how are folks who havent tried. Its not rocket science to boil something in water or pan fry something. Even easier is to throw something on the grill and just make sure it does not burn.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Typically? I cook four or five nights (depending on if we have leftovers - I don't really consider reheating to be cooking), my wife cooks one night, and we go out one night. Again - that's just typical. Sometimes things get hectic and we eat out twice, or I cook every night, or my wife cooks more than once.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Not nearly enough :( We go through spurts where we will cook 4-5 days a week and then we have weeks where we eat out 7 nights a week. Horrible, I know, but we are working on it. Nutrition and money saved should be huge motivators, but after working all day, neither one of us wants to cook!

This totally used to be me until my husband and I made a pact to eat at home every day (usually). It's been really fun finding new recipes that my family likes. My husband is loving it! He's getting spoiled. Not to mention we are saving tons of money, and feel so much healthier!
  • carriempls
    carriempls Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I eat out at lunch every day so I make my own breakfast and dinner every night. I'm really lucky that my work cafeteria is inexpensive, makes everything from scratch (local when available) and has lots of healthy options and when they don't have something I want there are a few places nearby with healthy options also.

I also love to cook. It's satisfying for me to come home and spend an hour or two in the kitchen putting something yummy together. True, sometimes I just don't feel like it, but on those days I usually have leftovers handy or a frozen veggie pizza I can toss in the oven. That's about my only pre-packaged food these days so I don't mind it now and again.

I'm actually at a point where I prefer my own cooking to many restaurants. Not just for making things healthier but because I've gotten to be a fairly accomplished cook.

That said, we still eat out 1-3 meals on weekends, depending on what's going on. There are some things I don't do as well and sometimes we grab a lunch on the go or go out for brunch.
  • jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options
    At minimum every other night, with just the two of us if we don't work on leftovers actively they will go bad.
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I eat a home cooked meal most every night. Sometimes it's something I cook that night or sometimes it's a frozen crock pot meal. Dinner is really hard right now because my cross fit class is 6:30-7:30. I eat a light snack before and by the time I get home and shower/change and cook, I'm eating dinner 8:30-9pm. Lunch is home prepared (sandwich) 6-7 days a week. Breakfast is always home prepared. I live alone so I do all my own cooking.
  • greenpointmoni
    Options
    Probably4-5 days a week. I do like to eat out though. But I make sure when I do, that it's not some crappy fast food.
  • katiedid1226
    katiedid1226 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I am cooking every night of the week.

Of course, when I'm in the kitchen, I usually burn stuff cuz I'm so hot.

You may slap me now.
  • eazieske
    eazieske Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    i love to cook at home also but we usally eat 3 to 4 times a week only
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    I only cook dinner only 1-2 times per week. However, Sunday is one of the days I cook and I prepare at least 4 meals to keep in the fridge and warm up during our crazy work/school weekdays. So, we have homemade dinners every night and very rarely go out to eat. The other nights, we either eat left overs or my husband cooks.
  • deeksha_s
    deeksha_s Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Twice a day- lunch & dinner. But we eat 1 or 2 meals out during the weekend.
  • Antlady69
    Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Two to three times a week. I'm single and usually cook a portion large enough to last me for two or three days.