Is Christmas going to be a free day for you?

Options

Replies

• slamb1020
    slamb1020 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm going to wake up, run 10k and then eat what I like all day. Should minimise the damage and it is only 1 day after all!

I like your style!! i am going to wake up early and do the same! then christmas time with my daughter!
  • Lala20112
    Lala20112 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Iam sure Ill go over ,but not gonna stress.Ill just try and not eat 3 deserts at once. LOL Have fun and get back on track the next day. :))
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    No, I will probably have a little too much at breakfast because all the family is going to my brother's for breakfast before we go our seperate ways. But the rest of the day I will balance against it.

I will fire up the XBOX and the connect for the My Fitness Evolved at the end of the day to get back under net or to just get my exercise in.

Sadly the gym is closed and it will likely be too cold to run so that's my best option.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    I'll probably watch portion sizes and log an estimate of what I eat. Not going to obsess if I go over on my cals. Tomorrow we have our company Christmas lunch. Its a Golden Corral...........My boss is morbidly obese and she always wants to go there................ Yeah.
  • superpapa16
    superpapa16 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    We don't do big family get togethers any more. My family will be over this weekend and I'll be good. Brunch with her family next weekend, again being good. Christmas Eve and Day will just be the three of us. I'll eat good and maybe exercise. Those days are definitely lazy days for us, but no cheat days.
  • KYBETH
    KYBETH Posts: 52
    Options
    no because we are going to celebrate on the 29th and that is going to be my free day.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Nope, especially after my "free" Thanksgiving Day turned into a whole week of madness.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Starting today its free... I will eat what I want, when I want right until January 2nd, and then its back to normal.

Not that there really is a 'free' day, i just wont be as strict with myself.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Nah I will eat normally...I don't log calories anyway. I don't do cheat/reward/free days...I eat the same all the time, everything in moderation or something like that...
  • invincible_summer
    Options
    No, I'm not really in the Christmas mood this year. I've managed to avoid mince pies etc. and stick to sandwiches and small meals, all around 1200 calories. I'm cheering myself up by thinking that I'll get a head start on everyone else come January 1st, when all the dieting adverts come on tv.
  • rwhawkes
    rwhawkes Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am absolutely not going to stress about it. I will probably overindulge for more than one day, as "Christmas Baking" is all around me. I will do some form of exercise every day, make healthy(ish) meal choices, and burn it all off in a couple days.

As my mom says, "It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year's that makes you fat. It's what you eat between New Year's and Christmas!"
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I quick add 3000 calories in the morning and then thats the end of MFP for the today. Happy Holidays to everyone.
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    not a free day but I will enjoy myself..I will log everything and not go over my limit. Plus i will find time for myself so I can workout. I have come too far to be lazy for 1 day!
  • ARHx0
    ARHx0 Posts: 32
    Options
    Oh yeah, I'm piggin out :)
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    No, but Christmas Eve is. My uncle makes the feast of seven fishes and I will be eating every fish!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    It's going to be a free week for me!
  • sharonpink
    sharonpink Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat like I did at Thanksgiving. Fit all I want on one plate and NO seconds!!! And limit myself to one dessert. With that and the drinking, I will probably go over somewhat,but not haywire like I did in years' past where I got two or three platefuls and two or three desserts.
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Yep, Christmas eve is going to be my splurge. I hope to get in some excercise but I am certainly not counting how many oreo truffles I eat because I am sure that i can consume my whole day's calories with just them =) I will try to not go CRAZY but I am not counting that day for sure.
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I'll log, but I'm sure I'll overeat. I actually get a lot of activity in at family get-togethers. I always end up with the kids, so we run around, play outside and I'm always carrying someone or playing airplane.
  • gregarybrown72
    gregarybrown72 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My gym is open both x-mas eve and x-mas, I think I'm going to wake early and burn 1500 calories on each day and then go home and eat whatever is on the holiday buffet.