Lost 56 lbs and no one noticed!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• cdickey
    cdickey Posts: 230
    Options
    You are doing great! 56lbs is a big accomplishment. I hope that the next time you see them they notice and make nice compliments. I do kind of agree with some of the posts that maybe they don't want to offend you. I have had that happen before to me. People would say I looked like I had lost weight when I knew that I hadn't or when I had lost some they never said anything. I'm sure you look fantastic.

I have lost 100#'s and to this day my MIL hasn't said anything to me about it. She probably won't either. My SIL has lost 40 pounds by taking shots and such from a weight loss clinic and everybody raves about how good she looks. I just know that I am a lot healthier now than I was and I don't need a shot or pill to bring it off. Mine will stay off where she might have trouble keeping hers off. It's sad.
  • kjs1628
    kjs1628 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    People are so funny about weight loss - either they compliment you and then tell you to stop because it won't suit you if you lose too much more, or they completely ignore the fact that you've lost it. Either way, jealousy is involved (and I've probably been guilty of that myself!)

There is the third option too, which is that they genuinely don't know whether they can comment on it at all - like it might be rude to do so....

My sister in law has also lost LOADS of weight (Uk size 24 down to 10!!!), through sheer hard work and dedication, and I am absolutely thrilled for her, although a little miffed that I would have to weigh about six stone before I could compare to her!!! Tee hee. My mother in law (I guess quite rightly) is so proud of her that my legs would have to fall off before she commented on my loss too!

56 pounds isn't just good - it's a miracle. Keep going. Keep your chin up. It's your self pride that really matters at the end of the day - and I bet you feel great! Well done.x
  • luvslife2
    luvslife2 Posts: 15
    Options
    Wow, the butterfly is emerging!!!!! Congratulations, you are an inspiration. It is the same with me....Since starting before mfp, i've lost 30lbs...not one word said...maybe it isnt noticeable enough on the body, but I know it is on the face. Stick with it, and try not to let it bother you. You should be so proud and look at the support you get here! That's why we are here, for ourselves and for the support that we garner here. My hat's off to you!
    "When things go wrong as they sometimes will;
    When the road you're trudging seems all uphill;
    When the funds are low, and the debts are high
    And you want to smile, but have to sigh;
    When care is pressing you down a bit-
    Rest if you must, but do not quit.
    Success is failure turned inside out;
    The silver tint of the clouds of doubt;
    And you can never tell how close you are
    It may be near when it seems so far;
    So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit-
    It's when things go wrong that you must not quit."
    ~ Unknown
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    You have done so wonderfully! Don't let anybody make you feel any less successful or important! Like others have said, you need to remember that you're doing this for yourself. We are truly rooting for you here!! :heart:
  • jrobertson37
    jrobertson37 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you that is a huge milestone. Please do not feel alone. Thats why we are all here bc we can all use encouragement and support. Remember you are doing this for yourself!!! Dont worry about them. You know what they say about family!!! So no worries and keep up the good work. We here on this website SALUTE YOU!!!! I hope you feel better and im sorry that that happened.