Any 5'7" ladies with before and afters?!

Options
I'm 5'7", 145 lbs, and my measurements are 38.5" in the hips, 29" at my waist, and 36" in my bust and I've done no weight training yet, mostly cardio. I'm small frame and have been told that 120-130 is the perfect weight range, but I'm not sure if that's too thin or not. Anybody have similar results or before and afters?

Replies

• madonifer
    madonifer Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I feel that 145 is a good weight for someone who is 5'7. If you are comfortable in your skin n clothes then thats awesome .. if u eat right and excersise then your keeping your body healthy and thats all that matters
  • cmae1020
    Options
    bump for later. I'm 5'7" and have the 120-130 goal!
  • cls_333
    cls_333 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm an inch shorter, but 120-130 is my weight range, I am also small framed. (You can see my before & after pictures on my page)
  • AmandaMaitland
    AmandaMaitland Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm an inch shorter, but 120-130 is my weight range, I am also small framed. (You can see my before & after pictures on my page)

You've done great! I don't think you look too thin either, you're fit and look toned :) Thank you for the feedback!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    5' 7" here. Bump
  • lindseynyfarmer
    Options
    I think 145- 150 is a good goal weight for someone our height! however, it does depend on your frame!
  • blissfulself
    blissfulself Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    bump 5'7 and currently 147 here and we have almost the exact same measurements (though you look much smaller than i think i do!). My goal is 130-135 which I don't think is too small especially if you're toned.
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Bump. I'm 5'7" and 155 right now. Looking to get down to 135 by summer 2013!
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I have a large frame. I used this military calculator and found out I have a lean body mass of 118. So at 120 I would be considered really underweight. :) A healthy weight just above underweight would be 150 lbs! So that's the goal I'm shooting for... 155 - 150. :D

Here's the link I used, you'll need to take your measurements: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7, 152lbs, hips: 39.5 and waist: 30.25 so we are pretty close! My ultimate goal is actually 145lbs and I need to stay around that weight (for my job) but lose inches. I can't be 120lbs or the fire hose would pick me up off the ground! Feel free to add me!
  • jessicaw79
    jessicaw79 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Here are my before and during, I started out about exactly where you're at, same weight and measurements almost exactly. It took me a loooong time to figure it out, and I'm not done yet, I'm going to start lifting weights now, but my before was April 1st, my after was last week. I still have a belly but I'm hoping the lifting will get rid of it! I have a short waist so that doesn't help, lol. I went from 144 to 133.5 as of this morning.

side1.jpg

front1.jpg

ETA: I clearly don't know how to post picture right, you'll have to right click on it to view the after, haha...sorry!
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7, 152lbs, hips: 39.5 and waist: 30.25 so we are pretty close! My ultimate goal is actually 145lbs and I need to stay around that weight (for my job) but lose inches. I can't be 120lbs or the fire hose would pick me up off the ground! Feel free to add me!

That's awesome! Yeah I started my journey before MFP 2 years ago at 245 lbs....and for the past year have been struggling to get past 190...then gained 10 after my wedding... :grumble: This year my focus is to get past 190 and on downward, I'm sick of looking at it. :D Knowing that we are about the same frame size gives me hope. You look amazing!
  • ncruso24
    ncruso24 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much the same except for the waist and bust measurement (I have little to nothing up there haha). Are your wrists small? My wrists are 6'' and my doctor said thats a really good indicator. I was told 125 to 130 is where I should shoot.
  • AmandaMaitland
    AmandaMaitland Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Here are my before and during, I started out about exactly where you're at, same weight and measurements almost exactly. It took me a loooong time to figure it out, and I'm not done yet, I'm going to start lifting weights now, but my before was April 1st, my after was last week. I still have a belly but I'm hoping the lifting will get rid of it! I have a short waist so that doesn't help, lol. I went from 144 to 133.5 as of this morning.

side1.jpg

front1.jpg

ETA: I clearly don't know how to post picture right, you'll have to right click on it to view the after, haha...sorry!

You have done awesome!! I have a short waist as well.. or at least I think so! lol so I know how you feel! Keep up the good work because it is definitely paying off! :)
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and I don't know about anyone else but it takes me about 30 pounds of weight loss to really go down a jean size! I don't get it. some people lose 30 or 40 pounds and go down 4 or 5 jean sizes WTF??!!
  • KaraGrr
    KaraGrr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7"...my starting pic is about 140 lbs and after is 125. (my before & after from doing The New Rules of Lifting for Women program.)

Resampled_BIKINI122.jpg
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'7" and I have what I would call a "solid" frame - it's not big (except my hips), but not what I'd consider small either. I'm currently at 148.4 and my measurements are 38.25" hips, 26" waist, 23.5" thighs. As you can see, I carry all of my weight in my thighs! My goal weight is 135 - 140. Getting below that isn't realistic with my frame, I don't think. I'm also diabetic, which means that I fight months and months for every single pound and it's just not worth it to fight for a number lower than that! :) I think it's all about your frame and comfort level though. 125 might be where you feel and look the best, or maybe when you get to 135, that'll be where you want to be!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I about 5' 8" and started off at 277 pounds, size 24 and now I'm 165 and a size 10. I always wanted to reach 150 but been stalled out for a year now. Most people don't think I weight what I do so that's a good thing.

scan0014.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    beforeandafterfaceshots.jpg
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Before I was 206, now I'm 155, medium frame.

I want to get down to 145, and plan on having a lot of muscle so I'll look even smaller.

I think if I tried to get into the 120/130 I would have to push myself to a level of food logging detail and enact strict lifestyle change that I wouldn't be happy with. But again, I'm medium frame, and love my sweets!
  • Init_to_winit
    Init_to_winit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I have a large frame. I used this military calculator and found out I have a lean body mass of 118. So at 120 I would be considered really underweight. :) A healthy weight just above underweight would be 150 lbs! So that's the goal I'm shooting for... 155 - 150. :D

Here's the link I used, you'll need to take your measurements: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/

Hey thanks for this I just checked it out myself it says I should be 151. I'm shooting for 150 so this is really close. I'm also 5'7", so once I get down to 150 I guess I'll re-evaluate my goals from there. I'm lifting as well cardio right now so we'll see how my body looks at that point. Once I'm in the healthy weight range, the scale won't matter to me anymore, I'll just want to look toned from there!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!