TILAPIA..!!

Options
13»

Replies

• cechapman10
    cechapman10 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Season with salt pepper and a little garlic powder. Spread a spoonful of mayo on top and top with parmesan cheese. Bake at 375 for about 20 min.

I season with salt/pepper, then broil about 3 minutes on each side. While broiling, mix low-fat mayo, parmesan, oregano and a squeeze of lemon juice. Put on top of the broiled fish and broil 4 more minutes. My husband and I enjoy this one about once a week!
  • photogal375
    photogal375 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Mrs. Dash is amazing! Lots of flavors to choose from. You'll love it!
  • txnineandout
    Options
    Im from the south and always used a cornmeal based coating to fry the fish...but i pretty much do the exact same thing (dry fish, dip in eggwhite, shake in bag with coating...i use louisanna brand) then place on baking dish, mist the top with tiny bit of oil, and bake. its so much better than frying, and i still get that cornmeal coated fish that i have had all my life.
  • pam3b
    pam3b Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I usually grill it with Tony Chachere's seasoning a little olive oil and some lemon...
    or I chop it up and make ceviche...
    that sounds good too.. but what is ceviche ?

Uh oh...it's usually something you eat as an appetizer. The fish is marinated in citrus juices, usually lime and is somewhat like a pico de gallo. You can add shrimp or onion, peppers, tomato, a little garlic, salt, pepper...etc. You would eat it with tortilla chips. Goes really good with a margarita.

Here's a couple of links:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceviche
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/marcela-valladolid/tilapia-ceviche-recipe/index.html

LOL! i bet it does go well with a marg..er uh.. two.. lol that sounds really good.. but the fish is cooked right?!

Dont worry its fully cooked, just make sure the tilapia is completely covered with the lime juice. I love this stuff! I chop cilantro on top and eat it with homemade baked tortilla chips or as filling for lettuce wraps.
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I usually grill it with Tony Chachere's seasoning a little olive oil and some lemon...
    or I chop it up and make ceviche...
    that sounds good too.. but what is ceviche ?

Uh oh...it's usually something you eat as an appetizer. The fish is marinated in citrus juices, usually lime and is somewhat like a pico de gallo. You can add shrimp or onion, peppers, tomato, a little garlic, salt, pepper...etc. You would eat it with tortilla chips. Goes really good with a margarita.

Here's a couple of links:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceviche
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/marcela-valladolid/tilapia-ceviche-recipe/index.html

LOL! i bet it does go well with a marg..er uh.. two.. lol that sounds really good.. but the fish is cooked right?!

Dont worry its fully cooked, just make sure the tilapia is completely covered with the lime juice. I love this stuff! I chop cilantro on top and eat it with homemade baked tortilla chips or as filling for lettuce wraps.

exactly...what she said!
  • sblake204
    sblake204 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Try marinating it for an hour in:

pinch of cayenne pepper
    pinch of sea salt
    2 tbsp of cilantro
    1 tsp of cumin
    juice of a lime
    juice of half an orange
    drizzle with olive oil
    a few chopped red or white onions

then place in a toaster oven, if you have one, on broil at 450 for approx 10-12 mins
    if a conventional oven cook at 325 for approx 15-20 mins depending on size and amount

it's a great marinade for all types of white fish, especially mahi mahi
  • willowdogz
    Options
    Fresh Herbs! No other way to cook/bake! Buy yourself a mini processor/chopper (cuisinart)...they're about $30.00. Add some parsley and mint together.. add a clove of garlic...and add some EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)...just a little...and some lemon juice from a FRESH lemon. this is the easiest way to spice up any fish. You can use fresh dill with mint...or dill with parsley, you can also add some of the lemon rind. Do you own a zester...if not...buy one....using zest will add a ton of flavor to your food.

Don't buy jarred 'seasonings'....just use fresh and chop chop chop in the mini chopper...you will turn yourself into a gourmet chef! Your food will be so happy and you will never look back.
  • jessicas1184
    jessicas1184 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love tilapia and skinnytaste.com has a few recipes that were great!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2007/07/seafood-recipes.html
  • Fitby31
    Fitby31 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    rub with blackening seasoning & either bake in the oven or in a pan w/ a tad of EVOO. So yummy!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    ONE word..............................make it into CEVICHE!!!!!!! One of the healthiest foods in the world!!!:bigsmile:

Nothing like cutting Tilapia into small cubes and letting it be cooked BY FRESH lime juice!(no stove needed!!!!!!) suberge in juice and let it stand in fridge for 4 hours.
    then adding
    RAW:
    Tomatoes
    onions
    cilantro
    jalapenos(optional)
    salt!

Healthy!!!!!!
  • sprinkels29
    Options
    tumblr_mexm19qQIi1rm4p0lo1_500.jpg

I started with it frozen.....grapeseed oil and tin foil on top, bake at 350 until looks somewhat cooked (maybe 10-15 min?) Put garlic powder, sea salt, pepper, "italian spices" (oregano, thyme, basil), top with lemon slices and then Broil for roughly 6-7 minutes. Thats what i ate last night!
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Saute sliced mushrooms and fine diced onions, add diced tomatoes, add some lemon juice, capers, and italian parsley...
    Saute sliced bell peppers and onions, add some lime juice, and cilantro...
    How many variations do you want?
  • slamb1020
    slamb1020 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mexm19qQIi1rm4p0lo1_500.jpg

I started with it frozen.....grapeseed oil and tin foil on top, bake at 350 until looks somewhat cooked (maybe 10-15 min?) Put garlic powder, sea salt, pepper, "italian spices" (oregano, thyme, basil), top with lemon slices and then Broil for roughly 6-7 minutes. Thats what i ate last night!

UMMMM DELISH..!
  • jigglewiggles
    jigglewiggles Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I use Durkee six pepper blend (you can find it online, I use to buy it at Sam's club, but haven't seen it there in a while) and cook it in a tsp of EVOO, then I take a lemon and cut it in half and pour the juice over it, it's really easy and tastes amazing.