Weird things that give you the heebee jeebies

Replies

• emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Chalk. Touching it, writing with it, the sound of chalk on a chalkboard... all of it. *shudder*

My oldest son can't stand it, either.

Just thinking about chalk, I get instant goosebumps every single time.

yep - me, too... ick.
  • emmy3111
    fingernails-on-chalkboard.jpg

you. are. mean.
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    tupperware...why the hell does that stuff get greasy in the summer when ther is no food in it?
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member

We are in a fight.

You can almost taste the chalk dust in the air. Muu haa haa!
  • emmy3111

We are in a fight.

just wrong. what did we ever do to you?!?

seriously. have the creeps so bad right now...
  • alisiaendris
    alisiaendris Posts: 213 Member
    Thisis really strange, but if I see stickers stuck to the traah can liner, I feel nauseated!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Thisis really strange, but if I see stickers stuck to the traah can liner, I feel nauseated!

LOL. No seriously that was the most random thing I've seen all day. What triggered this response? I get some of the other ones but why trash can liners and stickers?
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Frogs and Cotton Wool.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    The sound of cardboard being cut or torn.

The way Tums feel on my teeth...funny, with my new healthy eating habits, I haven't had to touch a Tums in weeks.
  • kmorg22
    kmorg22 Posts: 180
    hearing people breathe while they are at rest
  • ticks :noway:
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    The sound of satin or taffeta swishing when the person wearing it walks. Makes me feel queasy.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Lantern fish. The kind with the light bulb on their head? They're about the size of my hand - and I have small hands.

Still freak me the **** out.
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Patterned holes or clusters in things (think honeycomb)...it has a name. I could share it but then you'll google it and weird yourself out. I'm saving you really. (Oddly enough, I learned it had a name here on MFP...and it's more of a phobia than a just-creeps-me-out thing)
  • amber1533
    amber1533 Posts: 117 Member
    kids' runny noses :noway:

I can't stand boogies/runny noses. Of all the things I deal with being a mom runny noses sends me to the hills. I have to talk myself into wiping my sons nose (thank God he has only had a runny nose twice!) I just have the hardest time! lol
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Spiders and that sound when you scrape your fork on a plate.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^This. Dear lord, this.

I can't stand the sound of people Chewing or Snoring
  • ethieman
    ethieman Posts: 99 Member

We are in a fight.

just wrong. what did we ever do to you?!?

seriously. have the creeps so bad right now...

THIS. I am seriously border line breaking into a sweat sitting at my desk...and I am a teacher at a University who will be stuck in a classroom with a chalkboard next semester :-/

Also...the sound of velcro!!! Chills down my spine...no joke...
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Horses biting my Achilles tendon (but mostly just horses in general), those grates on city streets, rotisserre chickens, the sound of people eating (ugh, makes me want to vomit), freshwater fish (and I have a degree in marine biology; saltwater fish do not bother me)
  • amber1533
    amber1533 Posts: 117 Member
    Patterned holes or clusters in things (think honeycomb)...it has a name. I could share it but then you'll google it and weird yourself out. I'm saving you really. (Oddly enough, I learned it had a name here on MFP...and it's more of a phobia than a just-creeps-me-out thing)

I don't think I have it bad, but I just looked this up on google and yeah it weirded me out...
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    I don't think I have it bad, but I just looked this up on google and yeah it weirded me out...
    Told ya...lol

Not everything patterned bothers me, but when it does, it's awful!