Thoughts on Wii Fit?

Options
Any thoughts on Wii Fit? Good? Not worth buying? Tell me!

Replies

• USMC1968
    USMC1968 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Wife has done wii fitness and mfp and has done good
  • mrskchris
    mrskchris Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It's fun, but not a great work out. It's a good start to get moving, and it's better than just sitting and watching tv. Get the Wii Fit Plus for the most options. I like to play it with the kids.
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I love mine! AND I just bought Jillian's Biggest Loser Challenge..............can't wait to start it~!!
  • ReinaLorenz
    ReinaLorenz Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I love mine....it is a great way to start an exercise program...you can do as much or as little as you want.....I know the wii system has come way down in price, so it is even a beter deal now....Plus I would go to a place that sells used games...there should be a whole bunch of them now...or check amazon for used games
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Any thoughts on Wii Fit? Good? Not worth buying? Tell me!

we used it once and it's been a door stop since. I tried it again recently and thought it was pitiful compared to other fitness games. better buying ' gold's gym' for a few bucks, that game helped me lose a ton of weight.
  • PattiDu
    PattiDu Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just bought Zumba Core...I love it!
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I like doing yoga on the wii fit.
  • citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I bought one a few years ago and was quite excited but when I used it found it to be lacking. The workouts were a joke imo. I sold mine and use my wii for mario bro's & to run my netflix. I workout regularly and better without it. :)
  • paintbrush1966
    paintbrush1966 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like it. I can use it for stepping and general exercise when it is too cold or wet outside and/or don't feel like going some place to workout.
  • blissfulself
    blissfulself Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I think it is great for some weight moves and yoga exercises, but not good for cardio. It has some running/step aerobics exercises, but I don't think those are worth it. If you are just getting started exercising I think it's great to get, but if you exercise a lot then no. I haven't bought many games for it though so maybe those are a little more challenging.
  • Ewaldt
    Ewaldt Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    It is all what you put into it! It might tell you that you did well if you just move your wrist up and down, but YOU know if you actually did what it was asking you to! It can be a great workout if you actually get into it and do it correctly, but it is also easy to let yourself cheat. So don't let yourself cheat. Haha!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I have it, and admittedly, I have a bit of a commitment problem with "programs" and can't commit to using it. I do better cardio on my own without a game and having to worry if the nunchuck controller is angled right when strapped to my leg, if my legs are going high enough for the basic running...

If you are set on having it, by all means go for it. I might just be a music/weights person.
  • Zumaria1
    Zumaria1 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hello! I do Zumba Wii Core and love it! The Zumba Core Wii is awesome because it comes with a belt that you put the wii remote in, it picks up your moves. After you put your personal data in (weight, age, etc) you get an estimate calories burned and so far I get about 500 cal burned after an hour. Plus you really sweat and your heart gets a good workout. On top of that, the dancing makes it fun and the hour passes quickly.
  • danettehinkler
    Options
    its not that great compared to the xbox 360 kenect I like the dance ones its a good work out and fun too
  • tifalva
    tifalva Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I agree with a lot of the comments. I enjoy my Wii Fit. I've been known to put on the free style walking or running and jog/walk while watching TV. It gets me moving at least. If you put effort into it, it can be a great workout. I personally love the boxing and the ultra hula hoop. I'm sore the next day after those two workouts. I also like the yoga and strength training moves.

If you need accountability and are a visual person to see your progress, I get great satisfaction from stamping my day when I use it. You can see every day you've logged in and done something, it's nice. Need to use mine more often actually.

Only concern would be getting a constant burn, there is lag time between changing activities which is a bummer. Good lunch to you :-)
  • meganrpelican
    meganrpelican Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    you probably burn more calories washing dishes than playing wiifit. however, i really like the my shape game bc it has a camera to make sure you have good form. also seeing youself on the tv is pretty motivating.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Wii Fit isn't much of a workout, more of a game but there are some good workout available for the Wii. The 2 I like the most are EA Sports Active 2 and Gold's Gym Cardio workout.
  • Ohsilentheart
    Ohsilentheart Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit Plus. I stopped using it recently because I wanted a more high intensity work out, but I lost 40 lbs with it the first year I had it!
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the Wii Fit but I can tell you I play the Sports Games: Tennis gives me a great workout and Bowling is another great workout for me. I've seen others play and they just wave their hand and don't move. I set dance music when I play both Tennis & Bowling & move to the music.....It's a Great Workout for me!!!
  • castell5
    castell5 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I bought it a couple years ago. Got bored with it pretty quick.
    I really like the stepper and the DVD to use the stepper. Good workout and it's much cheaper.