Addicted to Ranch Dressing...HELP!

Options

Replies

• Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Ranch doesn't necessarily destroy the nutritional valueof salad. I eat it all the time! but what I usually do is cut a normal sized serving of it in half, and cut it with just a little bit of skim milk to make it a little runnier. then I put it and my salad in a tupperware, seal the lid, shake shake shake, open and enjoy. Same flavor for almost half the calories!
  • Lake_Po
    Lake_Po Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse farms makes a 45 cal for 2 T Ranch that is really good. It's yogurt based.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle 1 teaspoon of dry ranch mix on my salads. I also dip my veggies in it. Same ranchy flavor but only 5 calories per 1/2 teaspoon!
  • citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I would see if your insurance covers Ranch dressing detoxes and then you won't have to worry about craving it any longer

this sounds like broscience, what are you trying to detox huh? lol

Please do not joke around about ranch addiction, it's a serious ailment

I like Russian myself. yum
  • CrystalZ2012
    CrystalZ2012 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ok, I LOVE me some salad, but my favorite dressing is ranch...and that ruins the whole healthy concept of the salad. So, what are some good dressings to try? I've done fat free Italian...not feeling it.
    Have the ranch. Just have a small amount on the side and dip your fork into it. You eat a lot less dressing that way, and there is Ranch on each forkfull of salad.
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Thu 12/13/12 02:56 PM
    Someone already mentioned it, but I have to second it - Bolthouse Farms ranch tastes almost exactly like full-fat regular Hidden Valley, but only has 45 calories per two tablespoons. I used to be addicted to ranch (French fries dipped in it in college... aka how I gained weight!) and pretty much cut it out cold turkey when I started eating healthier. But Bolthouse is definitely a great choice if you can't end your relationship with ranch :)
    This^ I also tried the salsa ranch it is way better then just the ranch.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Gotta love Pinterest. I pinned this recipe for later use. I'm glad you reminded me of it - a full mason jar is only 255 calories. :o)

here's the original link: http://fluffimama.blogspot.com/2012/03/little-something-for-your-time.html

1 cup Dannon Oikos plain nonfat greek yogurt
    1 packet hidden valley ranch (dressing, not dip)
    1/2 cup 1% milk

Whisk together in bowl and chill for 1 hour before serving.

The best part....this ENTIRE jar of dressing, is only 255 calories, 1.75 grams of fat, 42 carbs and 34 protein. That calculates to 8pts on the new points plus system. For an entire jar of dressing. I would hazard a guess that this would yield about 20-24 servings.
  • BrittneyLutz
    BrittneyLutz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Many people have said this before but I just want to repeat. Bolthouse dressings are The Bomb. So delicious and relatively guilt free.
  • BrittneyLutz
    BrittneyLutz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Gotta love Pinterest. I pinned this recipe for later use. I'm glad you reminded me of it - a full mason jar is only 255 calories. :o)

here's the original link: http://fluffimama.blogspot.com/2012/03/little-something-for-your-time.html

1 cup Dannon Oikos plain nonfat greek yogurt
    1 packet hidden valley ranch (dressing, not dip)
    1/2 cup 1% milk

Whisk together in bowl and chill for 1 hour before serving.

The best part....this ENTIRE jar of dressing, is only 255 calories, 1.75 grams of fat, 42 carbs and 34 protein. That calculates to 8pts on the new points plus system. For an entire jar of dressing. I would hazard a guess that this would yield about 20-24 servings.

I'm going to have to save this to make my own though, yummy and sounds much more affordable.
  • mrcbu145
    mrcbu145 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have this in Ranch and Blue Cheese---deeelish and a lot lower calorie count!
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Many people have said this before but I just want to repeat. Bolthouse dressings are The Bomb. So delicious and relatively guilt free.

Agreed! Yummmmm
  • Lobster1987
    Lobster1987 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    i would eat my hand if it were covered in ranch
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else that said Bolthouse farms yogurt ranch! It tastes exactly like regular ranch dressing with WAAAAY less calories and fat! I always have a bottle in my fridge!!
  • Jme03
    Jme03 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ranch! I use fat free greek yogurt, the hidden valley ranch mix & a little bit of skim milk. It taste much better than light ranch, & I can have the ENTIRE BOWL for under 200 calories!
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Do fat free ranch, done.
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Wanna know whats awesome on veggis and stuff? The "holy trinity": Olive Oil, Lemon Juice (or Vinegar) and salt. This is low in fat, high in flavor and brightens any dish.

Olive oil is high in fat.
  • mrpink84
    mrpink84 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I use Bolthouse ranch. It is a yogurt based dressing. It is sold in the cooler next to the salad in mt grocery stores.

I second yogurt dressing! I use the Eating Right brand at Safeway/Vons and have both Ranch and Blue Cheese and both are great.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    didn't read all the replies so sorry if this is a repeat

put your dressing on the side, then dip your fork then get a bite of salad .. surprisingly, you will use a whole lot less dressing
  • tameejean
    tameejean Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    If you like Ranch, eat Ranch...just a little less. Dip your fork in it, don't go for nasty lite dressings, they're just full of sugar.