Burned out on Subway

Options
1235»

Replies

• thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I like the Chicken Fajita Pita from Jack in the Box--they also have grilled chicken strips that are yummy. Other than that, I like Chick-fil-A, or just order off the children's menu if you have nowhere else to go. I do try to pack food in a cooler when I think about it, but hey, life happens, and you've got to have a plan B. Be careful about salads, because the dressing can be extremely high-cal...although lots of places have healthier dressings now. Good luck :flowerforyou:

P.S. I hate Subway. lol
  • kmiagia
    kmiagia Posts: 104
    Options
    I second the Panera Bread. Sooo many options and calorie count given. Can't go wrong. Subway is amazing, I love to get veggie delight on the whole wheat bread .. mm getting some tomorrow :o)
  • TheGimper
    Options
    I think the baja tacos that are offered at a lot of chains and taco trucks are good because they are just meat, corn tortillas, and pico de gallo most often. No cheese or sour cream to rack up calories, and pretty easy to estimate calories
    Rubio's is my favorite and they have all the nutrional information on their website (and calories posted on the menu board in the restaurants) so you don't have to estimate. They're mostly located in California though, with a few locations in other southwest states.
  • Lushaholic
    Options
    Im not sure where you are from, but in Canada we have extreme pitas and pita pits they are pretty awesome.
  • threeonethree
    threeonethree Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    McDonalds Southwest Grilled chicken salad is 400calories and the grilled chicken sandwich is 300calories without mayo. Those are 2 go-tos when I dont want Subway.
  • mraines78
    Options
    My hubby worked at Wendy's in high school. After he told me they save all the scap meat from the week to put in the chili.....I try to stay away from any chili from fast food places....Sorry not to bring you down on it....
  • KatieSChaisemom
    KatieSChaisemom Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have come to rely more and more on my kitchen and since I have fast food doesn't have the same appeal it used to. Even when I'm craving a in and out burger from McD's it just doesn't taste all that great anymore. Maybe it's just that the fast food places are changing their quality Idk.
  • leslie4302
    leslie4302 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I like Arby's - Jr Roast Beef Deluxe and a package of apple slices. Sandwich is less than 300 calories.
  • TheUnwritten
    TheUnwritten Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I was on a subway kick for years. Than I met my fiancé moved to New york to be with her. She took me to Dibella's and I have not been to subway since lol. Seriously the best subs I've ever eaten. They have the nutrition information online too!
  • stanluoser
    Options
    Ihop under 600 calorie menu. The omelette with fresh fruit is awesome!