Weird things that give you the heebee jeebies

Options

Replies

• CJLS_5
    CJLS_5 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Omg I thought my sister and I were the only ones!!! I'm a nurse so it gets tricky when I need to use cotton balls on patients..im finding that latex gloves usually do the trick but the thought of them still sends shivers up my spine.
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    If we're talking "nails on a chalkboard" type shudders, then my biggest one is wet shoelaces (especially trying to TIE them). Cracking knuckles. And for a very long time (now subsiding), patterned sheets. Yes, I'm serious.

If we're talking full blown phobias, then the only one is tent caterpillars. I literally would not leave my house for days for fear I would see one at certain times of the year.

<shudder>
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Sharing milk, I will not share a glass of milk. If someone else drinks from my milk it is theirs, can't do it. The other day someone took a sip of someone elses milk and it grossed me out. My hubby knows better and my daughter has learned don't even ask just no not ever.

Other stuff is fine, soda ,water, coffee but not milk.

I also won't drink milk out of a hard plastic ( non disposable) cup, it has to be a glass or a disposable cup.
  • kayfrog
    kayfrog Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Any type of monkey and the thought of biting down on a dry washrag
  • whitneyberra1987
    whitneyberra1987 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Sock Monkeys - evil creatures

LOL too funny my daughter was terrified of them
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Walking on grass :sick: Grosses me out!
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I also hate the sound of opening a can of refridgerated biscuits, that pop seems menacing to me.

^^ Yes!! This too! I tense up with anxiety every time I have to open one up...even worse if I peel back the paper and it doesn't pop so I have to use a spoon to get it open. I jump all the time.
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Marconi and cheese after it's been sitting for 15 - 20 minutes. Gag. I can't stand to have to clean it up with it's.. weird texture.
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Sugar ants...I wouldn't hurt a fly, I take spiders outside but I go terminator on sugar ants!
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Achilles tendons. I get these weird sympathy pains just looking at them.

and styrofoam. OMG it is like a borderline phobia for me D:
  • Baloostika
    Baloostika Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    People.
    People ke???
    Are u an alien or something?
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Children....
    If they are quiet and well behaved I can cope without too much stress.
    If they are out of control or *shudder* screaming then my stress levels push towards breakdown.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    tuna
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    All kinds of bugs.. :indifferent:
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Pineapple
  • ceceshunshine
    Options
    People.
    yes. people and whales. mostly people....but also mostly whales...
  • ceceshunshine
    Options
    uncomfortable textures. like. now-cold-once-melted cheese. soggy potatoes [like in a soup]. cream sauce with flakes in it. no. just no.
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    People brushing their teeth in front of me (give me the boak lol). I hate it even when they show in adverts and films ewwww. I know, I'm weird lol
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Beards on guys. Grey haired mustaches. ICK! Guys with lots of body hair, esp. if it's greyish. Slobs, dirty, messy guy's hair, body or clothes.

I'm with you on the excessive body hair, but the salt and pepper look is attractive to me...to each his own, right?
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    fingernails-on-chalkboard.jpg

We are in a fight.

Why? There is pie on that black board. Nothing else matters. :)

i like pie.