Lululemon

Options

Replies

• vegapsi
    Options
    Read this article, I can promise at least 2 employees were/are unhappy, amongst some other shady stuff. :/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/stewart-j-lawrence/when-yogis-kill-the-grisl_b_1077457.html
  • dcdemocrat34
    Options
    I live in LuLu. Absolutely LOVE their stuff. I have s serious addiction to all of their clothes.

Their pants make your *kitten* look ridiculous! My b/f compliments me every time I wear them!

Their tops hold your boobs in place perfectly, and their running shorts are AMAZING, with perfectly sized pockets for everything.

Their tops also BREATHE, along with your pants for comfort when you sweat, and their stuff if QUALITY! I have been using their stuff for years, and worth the money.

I've gotten my b/f hooked on their mens line as well, def. worth the prices in my book!
  • sarahmaren
    Options
    My husband LOVES their running shorts and underwear. When we went into their SF store he showed one of their store employees his before/after picture. She said they LOVE stories like that and gave him a $90 pair of running shorts. Needless to say they have a lifelong shopper in my husband. :)
  • aimeev2
    aimeev2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yes, Lululemon is quite expensive. However, their products are durable and are tailored well to flatter your body.

Unfortunately, the two long sleeved running shirts I wear are too large, and are tailored in such a way that they do not have side seams. I will have to create side seams to take them in.

I heard of a warehouse sale during Boxing Week in Ottawa, where the prices are much more reasonable. I will definitely be looking into this.

You could also sell your used Lululemon on Ebay. Apparently, people pay a lot of money for items that are no longer available.

And yes, I agree on the durability and tailoring! I don't own too many items, but what I do own I wear all the time and always feel good in.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I live in Lululemon, love their clothes, my bum looks the best in their pants and my boobs don't wiggle in their sports bras. Plus everything washes well and lasts forever.

My husband loves it too, he rocks the underwear :)

I'd much rather pay for Lululemon than wear some crappy fitting pants from Old Navy.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    So I have these two pairs of pants that make my a$s "look like gold"... My boyfriend comments on my hiney every time I wear them. And... they're both from WalMart. 13 buckaroos a piece :bigsmile:

They're actually my favorite among the Nike, Adidas, Reebok and other brand pants/capris that I have.....Go figure.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I bought a couple of pairs of their pants when they were (I think) still a relatively new company, about 5 years ago. I still have them and they've held up great!

12 years ago they opened! Crazy how time flies eh? My original pair held up amazing. The new ones not so much!
  • gregorsa
    gregorsa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of their pants. Honestly, if you have any dimpling on your bum or legs, any little bumps you don't like, lulu pants conceal it and make a less than perfect bum look like a size 6 teenager's. Which, at age 46, was precisely the reason I made the investment.
    I don't wear them when I am working out to a dvd at home, why would I? But for a pair of pants to go to the gym and then an errand, oh yeah.
    I have the cheap ones from Walmart too. Sorry, there is no comparison.
    Don't put them in the dryer, but if you are like me and looking to minimize the appearance of some imperfections, they are well worth the money. . $98 Is a lot cheaper than plastic surgery.
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I live in Vancouver...can't escape Lululemon. Sigh. I hear the raves.. I understand how it looks good...I don't believe that $100 is a good price for a pair of yoga pants...but it is the sizing and people who work there that drive me crazy! See..there is nothing there over a size 12. Umm....not even a 14? Why..because overweight women couldn't possibly also want to look good working out?
    Grrr..
    My latest experience there was a clerk that told me to try on this one pair of pants which she SWORE fit like a 16. I did try them on. They did fit. I also looked like MC Hammer in them. Harem pants. Right.
    She pushed hard..really hard..but in the end, I did not end up paying $89 just to have a stupid little logo and pants that said size 12 on them.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I live in Vancouver...can't escape Lululemon. Sigh. I hear the raves.. I understand how it looks good...I don't believe that $100 is a good price for a pair of yoga pants...but it is the sizing and people who work there that drive me crazy! See..there is nothing there over a size 12. Umm....not even a 14? Why..because overweight women couldn't possibly also want to look good working out?
    Grrr..
    My latest experience there was a clerk that told me to try on this one pair of pants which she SWORE fit like a 16. I did try them on. They did fit. I also looked like MC Hammer in them. Harem pants. Right.
    She pushed hard..really hard..but in the end, I did not end up paying $89 just to have a stupid little logo and pants that said size 12 on them.

I'm picturing this conversation where you ask a clerk why they don't have bigger sizes, and the obnoxiously cheerful clerk says, "Well, obviously, overweight women don't work out...... DUH!"
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    LOVE Lululemon. I didn't get the hype at first, but now I'm an addict. However, I never pay regular price.

ETA: Just noticed that everything I'm wearing in my profile pic is Lulu - headband, run shirt, tank, and shorts. LOL!
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    The sizing is wrong I was shocked when I fit into a size 10. I am NOT a size 10! I thought I was too big for lululemons. Just try on some pants I am sure you will be surprised what will fit you.

Oh ya and my husband goes nuts for my *kitten* in them :D He says it looks like a ripe tomato and that ALRIGHT with me!
  • jayne_mel
    jayne_mel Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Lulu, have been wearing it for 7+ years, I don't work out in anything else.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Did you know there are a lot of people who have lots of money?
    AND lots of people with credit cards
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Read this article, I can promise at least 2 employees were/are unhappy, amongst some other shady stuff. :/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/stewart-j-lawrence/when-yogis-kill-the-grisl_b_1077457.html

wow! that article was hardcore. Unfortunately these business ethics are quite common among popular chains. The only differences are who can cover it up better.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I hadn't heard of them two years ago. When I finally did, I swore I would never pay that much for a pair of "yoga pants. I am not a name brand person. I wear what is comfortable, fits and looks good on me. Some things maybe name brand lots aren't.
    Then my mom bought me a pair as a gift. Most of my workout gear is now lulu.
    It is comfortable and flattering. I have a long torso so the Nike tops were always too short and rode up. I have yet to find a pair of pants that are as flattering. As someone else mentioned, they cover up any imperfections in your legs like dimpling, unlike my Adidas capris. The shorts are one of the few ones that don't ride up on me.
    I buy one piece at a time and now have a decent size collection. There is no local store so when I travel, I budget for a purchase. I wear every piece I own on a very regular basis, I run and lift a lot. Plus I wear it as casual wear. I wash them frequently and everything has held up so far so for me, it has been worth the money.
  • KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    OMG Lululemon. WOW. I love it. Slowly refusing to work out in anything else.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I have to say, lulumon is good stuff. and it lasts. The good news is the pants hold up well in the delicate cycle in the washing machine.

I try to keep 3 complete workout outfits in my closet. I have three different pairs of workout pants - lulumon, rebok and nike. All of them originally were in the $98 range, but I got them on sale / gift card/etc.

They all fit great, the nikes have that folddown top that i have to fold down now because I lost my excess weight, but they are still good for yoga,not so much for the recumbandt bike or walking/running.

I watch the racks and on line sales for the lulumon hoodies... and I haven't gone crazy buying t shirts, etc at lulumon - I have a few yoga shirts with built in bras from rebok and nike to wear out first. (and they show no signs of it!)

I would rather have three high quality good fitting I feel and look great in yoga pants than a dozen pairs that sag and make me look dumpy! But to each her own...
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I love my lulu!! I have two pairs of pants for over two years, and both still look like I just bought them yesterday! They are the only pants I can do yoga in, they never fall off or move from where they're suppose to be. I also have a sweater and a winter jacket, both look amazing on me! And the sweaters are thick and warm :). I also have a running tank top, and it never rides up or bunches up, it's great!

I've also rode my horses a few times in the pants and have found that they are comfy for that too :). So you don't have to do just regular workout things in them, they're great for lots of stuff!
  • spm2010
    spm2010 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I used to when it was local (vancouver canada). But they have gone corporate and lost their quality. I still have a pair of capris I bought when they first opened that I should have worn through by now, still kickin it. But the one I bought last year is already pilling and falling apart.

You can get way better stuff for half the price elsewhere in my opinion.

Apparently theres a 5 year warranty on the fabric, but after 6mths mine turnes to crap and I wore them like 2-3 times a week for walks. But if you go in to exchange they won't let you, warranty my tush.