3 1/2 months and 30lbs later! Prego Weight is gone!

Options
13»

Replies

• Happyme2009
    Happyme2009 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Amazing! And zero stretch marks! Congratulations from a newbie :)
  • tinanana7
    tinanana7 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You are my role model! My son is almost 4 months and I've lost 25 of the 35 I gained with pregnancy & I have more to lose because I was overweight when getting pregnant. Do you mind me asking if your breast feeding and how many calories you eat/ate to lose the weight? You look amazing & you have a beautiful family!

Again, thanks so much for the comments everyone, they are seriously making me want to cry, so nice!

As for breastfeeding, I am still breastfeeding but only part-time (maybe 3 times a day). My little one is mostly on formula. When I started MFP I only deduction about 100 calories a day for breastfeeding. I didnt want to count those toward my daily goal since I was never really sure how much he was eating at a feeding.

As for calorie counts, in the beginning I was super anxious to lose pound so put myself on a pretty strict calories count ( I know MFP doesnt reccommend going below 1200 but I was probably averaging about 1050-1100 a day net. I was of course eating more calories than that but made a point to do cardio every day (for at least an hour with a few exceptions) so that I would always net my daily goal. Zumba helped a lot with that because there is no way I will run on a treadmill or do the elliptical for an hour. The key really is to find a form of exercise that you enjoy so that you will stick with it. I think that was my problem in the past, I would get bored and not stay consistent. Also, I like to eat and there is no way I could stick to only a 1200 calorie a day diet (like I said I love food too much) so the tradeoff was working out more and making really healthy food choices, as in lots and lots of veggies!). In fact, I think it was pretty rare for me to consume less than 1400 calories in a day, but like I said, I was always able to add to my daily budget with exercise.

May have to consider submitting that pic of the boys! :)
  • ksimp88
    Options
    SO MOTIVATING!! Way to go!
  • rrumbolt
    rrumbolt Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    you are fabulous and you look fabulous..
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    You look great and in no way look like you just had a baby in June!!!! And your kiddos are adorable!!!
  • easycure
    easycure Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    you look amazing and your babies are beautiful!!! <3
  • mommy3fit
    mommy3fit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    you look great! My goal is 30 lbs too and I LOVE Zumba!!
  • OnMyWay4
    OnMyWay4 Posts: 264
    Options
    photo-3resize.jpg

I love this!!! Too cute! Congrats lady...you look awesome!!
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job! You look amazing and your kids are adorable. Love love love that last pic!

This! The baby's face is hilarious!

Awesome job
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Abseloutly amazing!! And hey, I think the last picture is super adorable!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! LOVE the last pic with your boys! YES, submit it to a fitness magazine with a before shot.:flowerforyou:
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Great job, u look great
  • cakemewithyou
    cakemewithyou Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    oh my goodness...
    HOW DID YOU DO IT.
  • davery1985
    davery1985 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You look amazing,i hope one day i can look as good as you do :smile:
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    So here goes, haven't posted pictures before so hope this turns out. Figured it was time to finally post some before and after pics if for no other reason then my own entertainment! :) Plus I really enjoy seeing everyone else's success stories and they have really helped me in my weight loss journey.

Gained about 45 pounds during my pregnancy (not to mention I never lost that last 10 from my first pregnancy) and decided the weight need to come off once and for all! Definitely not as dramatic a weight loss as a lot of you folks but still a big accomplishment for me.

Some Stats about me:
    Height: 5'6"
    Starting Weight: 172 lbs
    Current Weight: 141 lbs (about 9 lbs below my pre-prego weight)
    Main Forms of Exercise: I've only been doing cardio up till now and 90% of that has been Zumba with a little bit of the elliptical and various other group fitness exercise.

Day of Delivery June 15, 2012 (this was pretty much the only time I had a valid excuse for being overweight)
    Parrish_061512_0008-1resize.jpg

1 Month Post C-section (Don't have a lot of my pics from this point on since I wasn't really digging the camera)
    Parrish_070712_0008-1resize.jpg

Early September (I had lost about 20 pounds at this point but realized the last 25-30 wasnt coming off until I put forth some real effort, I had't started back exercising yet at this point. After looking at the scale stuck at 172 lbs and seeing this picture, I decided I needed to start MFP)
    Parrish_091212_0014-1resize.jpg

End of October (Again, really didnt like looking at myself in pics so this was the first time I decided to actually take before pics)
    Parrish_110712_0001-1resize.jpg

And from the side
    Parrish_110712_0005resize.jpg

Around Thanksgiving
    Parrish_120412_0010resize.jpg

Gotta love how my son decided to photobomb this one
    Parrish_120412_0006resize.jpg

Today
    photoresize.jpg

Side View
    photo-2resize.jpg

Had to throw this one in for fun since it was these two little monsters that created this whole post lol!
    photo-3resize.jpg

I still have a few more pounds to go (I've never been a petite gal and have no plans to be) and I am really starting to focus on strength training now especially the quads since it's dumping in the mountains and I am ready to ride! Had to skip last season since snowboarding is not highly reccommended while pregnant (although I did ignore that rule twice during my pregnancy, shhhh, don't tell anyone!) I've started using kettlebells which I enjoy but I will continue to do my first love, Zumba, Zumba Zumba!!

Thanks for letting me share!

YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!