I'm sure this has been asked a million times but...

Options
What multivitamin are you taking...?

Replies

• Molicious10
    Options
    One-a-day woman by Bayer (when i remember to take my vitamins)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Blackmore's ALIVE..... among a whole heap of other things.
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Swisse Men's Ulti-something. All the same crap.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I don't, there is no scientific evidence they are any use to anyone who isn't eating a deficient diet anyway. Genuine question: where does the American preoccupation with vitamins come from? Why not minerals or long chain omega-3s or antioxidants?
  • engozee
    engozee Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks...I've been doing the insanity program and someone suggeston I stock up on B12 comples and some multivitamins. I don't really take anything either but I think I have some One a Day sitting around somewhere...
  • alaty211
    alaty211 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    One a day Mutivitamin with enegry...their pretty good! I also take b12, fish oil, and omega 3 just b/c.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Just D.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I take fish oil (joints/skin), iron (I never eat enough), and a cal/mag/D (female, runner, breastfeeding.) I've never taken a multi, just the things I'm lacking in my diet.
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I eat vegetables. I don't like taking pills of any kind. That's how I came to MFP -- doctor told me I had high cholesterol & was pre-diabetic. Joined MFP, got the 30DS dvd, and 8 months later, it's good. Some people are not so lucky, but for me, vitamins, medication -- those are the last resort.
  • wiglett
    Options
    Be Whole or something like that by GNC . . and my hair is finally growing! (thats mostly why im taking it, I want long glorious hair and strong nails! :-p going on big vacation with friends to a Sandals in Jamaica cause a set is getting married and I want gorgeous hair!
  • princessage117
    princessage117 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    GNC Women's active metabolism or one a day metabolism. Plus extra vitamin B and D sometimes.
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Multivitamin: GNC ultra-mega women's active

I also supplement with vitamin D (because I am way deficent), Fish oil, glucosamine and biotin. I also take iron supplements around TOM because I get a little anemic.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options

^ this but they are rather large . . . if you happen to swallow one sideways you'll have a sore throat for a couple days . . . been there, done that.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Nature Made Multi vitamin for her & I take St. john's Wort for positive mood health lol but I don't think its really working.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I take the Kirkland Signature (Costco) version of Centrum. I usually get my supplements at Costco because I can get practically a whole year's supply in one visit.
  • Mgetsfit
    Mgetsfit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    None. I believe that if you eat normally you don't need any vitamins, there is not health out of a package.

Also, many vitamin products are heavily overdosed, you harm yourself more than doing good without knowing it.
    Don't believe what is written on the package! Believe me, it's part of my job to write such things on packages...
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I don't, there is no scientific evidence they are any use to anyone who isn't eating a deficient diet anyway. Genuine question: where does the American preoccupation with vitamins come from? Why not minerals or long chain omega-3s or antioxidants?

I take them, along with a couple of vitafusion men's gummy vitamins. Energy & Prostate Support. They have an extra dose of lycopene.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options

^^Same. I've been taking them more regularly since I started keeping a bottle on my desk at work. My coworker also takes vitmins so when we hear the other's bottle rattle it reminds us!